Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or twitter.

"s/o to @SeanPayton for still being suspended after the appeal. #peacebitches" hahahaha

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
The irony of this whole thing is that the Niners were the ones who:

1. Won the game
2. Had some of the best offensive output of the year from (Davis,Smith,Gore etc)
3. Was the team that knocked the f#^^$*&ck out of the Saints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss2dn_QI5kE
That's the thing. Even with all this dirty stuff Williams' defenses aren't that great.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
whoa. that audio recording certainly doesn't help matters. its not uncommon dialogue in locker rooms, that type of stuff just doesn't leave the locker room.
Which in my mind tells me, if I find out who the snitch is, I owe you a real-personal ass-whoopin'.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Which in my mind tells me, if I find out who the snitch is, I owe you a real-personal ass-whoopin'.
the audio recording was gathered while making a film for former player steve gleason who has ALS and the guy behind the film released it. it just baffles me that greg williams thought it was still OK to talk like that on camera.

but i thought i heard someone say that the person who leaked some info on the bounty was jeremy shockey

Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
This is what I'm talking about...

The Gregg Williiam's stuff has absolutely NOTHING to do with old-school, hit-as-hard-as-you-can football. This is about attaching monetary reward for injuring players, and lying to the NFL when questioned about it.
Yes. I don't recall Ronnie Lott being a bounty hunter.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
what proof is there that the list of players, played for bounty vs just played hard?
I doubt that information is going to be leaked, but there was information that pointed in the direction of a pay for injury scheme in 2009. Then you get a player to testify to that and you basically have all you need.

The NFL isn't stupid. They wouldn't go in on 1 random person's testimony that could easily fall apart.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I don't think the players were wrong because I don't think 5k motivated a guy making 10 million dollars to hurt a player. Except Vilma because he supposedly offered up 10k for Favre.
Well we don't know everyone's mindset. Even if I make 10 million dollars, I wouldn't mind an extra 5k. Now if it's to injure someone on purpose, probably not. But everyone may not feel the same way.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
the audio recording was gathered while making a film for former player steve gleason who has ALS and the guy behind the film released it. it just baffles me that greg williams thought it was still OK to talk like that on camera.

but i thought i heard someone say that the person who leaked some info on the bounty was jeremy shockey
Roger Goodell came out and said that Shockey wasn't the whistleblower.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes. I don't recall Ronnie Lott being a bounty hunter.
No, but I promise you if Lott knew you had a bad hand or a bad leg he was gonna make you "decide" whether it was worth said injury getting worse (because he was gonna put a helmet/face-mask on it) or decide to watch the game from the sidelines. That's how the game is played and I have no problem with any player playing in that manner. Twisting your ankle while on the ground in the pile or trying to get to your eyes through the face mask after the tackle is bush-league, but in the words of Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!"

Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
The irony of this whole thing is that the Niners were the ones who:

1. Won the game
2. Had some of the best offensive output of the year from (Davis,Smith,Gore etc)
3. Was the team that knocked the f#^^$*&ck out of the Saints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss2dn_QI5kE
And then lost to a team we butt raped. So congrats on a playoff win I guess?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm sure some of us here have sat in defensive meetings where we've heard similar language. I never heard a coach say go after his ACL or his concussion, but I have heard guys say knock him the F out. That's nothing new.
That's the problem I have with it. It's not "go hit him hard" but "go take a cheap shot at his legs". Even that isn't illegal. The part that bothers me is the part about testing someone's concussion. The rest of the stuff just seems like a good "rah rah" speech, although "kill the head" may be a poor choice of words in today's NFL.

Clearly there is a difference.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Roger Goodell came out and said that Shockey wasn't the whistleblower.
If Goodell said he didn't enjoy watching men dressed in leather dance together, would you believe that also?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
No, but I promise you if Lott knew you had a bad hand or a bad leg he was gonna make you "decide" whether it was worth said injury getting worse (because he was gonna put a helmet/face-mask on it) or decide to watch the game from the sidelines. That's how the game is played and I have no problem with any player playing in that manner. Twisting your ankle while on the ground in the pile or trying to get to your eyes through the face mask after the tackle is bush-league, but in the words of Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!"
Oh of course that happens. But doing it for illegal bonus-incentives is different. Because that could effect a defender's mindset when they are going up against another offensive player before that said player is even injured. This could lead to things like twisting ankles under the pile just to get that extra money. That is why I said I don't believe Ronnie Lott was ever labeled as a bounty hunter.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bounty collected

Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
shows you how much regular season match ups mean in the playoffs right?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if you want to bring up past games...you lost to the RAMS???
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
if you want to bring up past games...you lost to the RAMS???
Yeah but that lose didn't prevent us from going to the super bowl lol
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh of course that happens. But doing it for illegal bonus-incentives is different. Because that could effect a defender's mindset when they are going up against another offensive player before that said player is even injured. This could lead to things like twisting ankles under the pile just to get that extra money. That is why I said I don't believe Ronnie Lott was ever labeled as a bounty hunter.
That's our entire point. It happens if there is a bounty or not. We are ALL in agreement on that point as well as the one that paying a bounty outside of contract is wrong, and that doing so could lead to the very mindset you indicate. What we contest is how so many people want to point a finger as if it DOESN'T happen on their team.
Saints fans with any intelligence know that wrong was done and we now have to pay the proverbial piper (In this case, Goodell, whom I'd rather refer to as the puffer). What we are tired off is the fans of the other 31 teams who want to act as if their team does not take similar actions, even if not for a paid bounty.

Last edited by CJSchneider : 04-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Lol..you Saints fan are so cute when you are all riled up. stay classy.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Also just to clarify I hate that I have to defend what they did. But with the blatant overwhelming "hang em!" mentality in this thread I feel compelled to defend my team and I'll do so no matter how much of a homer it makes me look. I figured fans of sports teams could at least respect that stance.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

if anyone believes this doesn't go on around the league, they are:

1. in denial.
2. oblivious.
3. have never played football before.

im gonna be honest, we're instructed during the week of the game, who got hurt last week and who doesn't cover up when they get cut. but i have never been told to purposely tear someones ACL.

now if my coach told me to go out there and hurt someone and they'll be some monetary gain, i would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you defend your coaches continuing the bounty program when the NFL said to stop, multiple times? How do you defend Payton's marketing manager putting up his own money in this program?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Goodell said he didn't enjoy watching men dressed in leather dance together, would you believe that also?
What kind of stupid ass question is that?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How do you defend your coaches continuing the bounty program when the NFL said to stop, multiple times? How do you defend Payton's marketing manager putting up his own money in this program?

I don't defend them. They were wrong and their punishment is just, I have never implied otherwise. My point is I have a big

for any fan of an NFL team who thinks that players and coaches across the league don't take advantage of every situation they can, to include picking on nagging injuries of their opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What kind of stupid ass question is that?
My point is that I have no reason to believe Goodell and that he has always had a "weird" vibe attached to him. It had no direct bearing on the Bounty-gate topic, but I just see him as a closet-gimp.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote