Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
How can you determine a fair punishment when you weren't around long enough to even know about prior punishments?

If anything, the team as a whole got off pretty easy (draft pick wise, and we got 0 salary cap penalties, which shocks me), and Payton got screwed the hardest.
He is the coach, it was his job to ensure that rules that keep things like this don't happen. Is it tough on us? Yes, it is. Will he likely appeal? Of course, but what can he say in his defense if it turns out that he was specifically made aware of the issue and he turned a blind eye?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What exactly does Brees not understand? If he had been one of the QB's targeted he would have been screaming to high heaven that the suspensions were quite suitable.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Warren Sapp said on Twitter that Jeremy Shockey is the whistle blower.
If true, I finally have some respect for him. He finally did the right thing.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Warren Sapp said on Twitter that Jeremy Shockey is the whistle blower.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Think about it. The two 2nds equate to a 1st in the commissioner's eyes. The fine is the same as well. That shows me that there was equal punishment for what is looked at as cheating or unfair play. What the huge suspensions are for is poor choices from the leadership in that they knew about it and failed to stop it outright.
Fair would have been suspending Belicheat for a season and Romeo Crennel indefinitely. But you know Goodell can't suspend his butt buddy.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh the Shockey thing has already been debunked. I will no longer quote Warren Sapp.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got off easy. Taking away all their draft picks would've been worse.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a difference between the Patriots and Saints.

The Patriots did something that there was no league mechanism to control.

The Saints were performing legal/illegal hits during a game. If they were illegal, penalized them in the game. If they were excessive, eject players. Clearly this is about more than just a few hits in a game, but to sell the idea to the fans they show the Favre tape over and over and over.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justice served.
I called for very harsh penalties for these coaches, and Goodell delivered.
Very proud of him.

Now, we'll see if the NFLPA has the same steel ballz when it comes to punishing their players, who were out to hurt their other players.

Interesting thing is there are still some naive fans who think the game is soft out there compared to yesteryear.

These guys are bigger and faster, and they don't just tackle these days. They constantly go for the jacked-up, knockout hits.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this punishment is that bad?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey who is expecting a new thread from J-Mike about the Packers not getting Tebow and the implacations of Payton suspended to the Packers?
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think this punishment is that bad?
It's bad against Sean Payton, but I think the Saints overall got off pretty easy. A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (I fully expected at least their 1st next year) plus a slap on the wrist fine.

But the Payton suspension is actually worse than I expected.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised no cap penalties.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's bad against Sean Payton, but I think the Saints overall got off pretty easy. A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year (I fully expected at least their 1st next year) plus a slap on the wrist fine.

Yeah, that's what I was more referring too. And anyone who doesn't think Payton's still going to have some serious pull on that team is wrong.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I'm surprised no cap penalties.
Cap penalties typically only happen for cap violations since a cap penalty as a punishment for something else would probably piss off the players union. (Less money to spend on the players.)
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured the whistle blower to be a defensive player. But it makes sense, an underachieving crybaby.

Funny too! He was so universally loved here.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
There is a difference between the Patriots and Saints.

The Patriots did something that there was no league mechanism to control.
Except those stupid rules which always get in the way. Well, unless you are the Patriots.
Quote:
The Saints were performing legal/illegal hits during a game. If they were illegal, penalized them in the game. If they were excessive, eject players. Clearly this is about more than just a few hits in a game, but to sell the idea to the fans they show the Favre tape over and over and over.
No, the Saints were performing legal hits. They were breaking the rules having players get paid for them.

"I'm not pissed. It's football, I don't think anything less of those guys. Said or unsaid, guys do it anyway. If they can drill you and get you out, they will.''

Brett Favre
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cap penalties typically only happen for cap violations since a cap penalty as a punishment for something else would probably piss off the players union. (Less money to spend on the players.)
Paying out money= cap violation, no?

I'm really surprised at HOW the punishment was doled out. Figured Loomis would get hit harder than Payton, and we'd lose more draft picks than coaches!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

They got paid extra outside of their contract for plays on the field. I thought all over ESPN and NFLN they were mentioning this had cap implications.

Yes, the NFLPA would be pissed, but they could take that money and redistribute it.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Da Futcha

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It might not amount to enough to trigger cap penalties then. 10k here, 5k there...meh. Not much when a league minimum salary is still several hundred thousand dollars.

OR, it could be they were already penalized. Remember when the Redskins and Cowboys had cap space taken away, it was redistributed to every team but the Saints and Raiders. I don't know what the Raiders did, but that could be the Saint share right there.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nfl just hates the Raiders cuz we're the Raiders lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hey who is expecting a new thread from J-Mike about the Packers not getting Tebow and the implacations of Payton suspended to the Packers?
By this do you mean make a thread about Tebow to the Jets, only to one paragraph later somehow bring up the packers? Because if so then yes.

Also hard to imagine Brees resigning now. Saints really should of just spent the money when they had the chance before this all went down. Idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There's a difference between cheating on your test and getting paid to injure your teacher; I don't see how people can even compare the two. There's no career-ending potential from what the Pats did.
Getting paid to injure players legally. Immoral? Yes. Illegal? No. Ray Lewis tries to knock everyone out of every game. He wants to hurt you. It's ok because he does it for his base salary?