Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the fact that he felt he didn't want to give identification to a white police officer. That's all it boils down to.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Not here in California and most states. If you are walking down the street, sitting on your porch, sitting in a restaurant, etc. you aren't required to have any ID. Tell me what law that is.

Driving a car, that's different.
But in any case involving a motor vehicle, it is your legal obligation to provide license and registration when being asked to do so. This isn't just a "let me see your I.D." as much as proving legality to drive as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a big question here I think needs to be asked and hasn't been asked.

Was your friend speeding?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post

^^^^ LULZ!!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
^^^^ LULZ!!!!
You were speeding son

No officer I don't speed....just coke...

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 03-21-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The video has also been cut and pasted around to serve the focus of views of the narrator. We don't hear everything that has been said. For all we know he did explain this too her. She does deny a search of her car I think a couple times. However, they are then allowed to search the car of things that are in plain site after they have arrested her...which in this case is for obstruction of justice.

Things don't seem to be adding up. I don't know the specific situation on this video...but generally you have to have it advertised before hand that there is a traffic block in the area. She had alot of information at hand ready for the road block. It seemed that she was ready to contest the police officer. I feel as though she drove to the road block to fight with the officer to get arrested so that she would cause a scene.
I think there is a reason the case was thrown out. But being arrested for obstruction of justice says it all. She committed zero crimes. There was no warrant for that arrest and wasn't being hostile.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Actually he wasn't. LOL did I not say that? There was a gray van that was actually going faster than us but we were pulled over. I remember my friend got back from the car and was shocked because he was adamant he was going the correct speed. He was docked at going five miles over I think though.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness is making this far more complicated than it is.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
But in any case involving a motor vehicle, it is your legal obligation to provide license and registration when being asked to do so. This isn't just a "let me see your I.D." as much as proving legality to drive as well.
Sure. That is fine and all. What if you are parked though legally and you are just sitting in your car? The officer has a right to go up to you and ask you for your ID even though you have clearly done nothing wrong? Being pulled over is one thing, but if you are parked and not doing anything...

This scenario I'm not sure about which is why I asked earlier. I mean this isn't Nazi Germany haha.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
You think they know I'm trolling them yet?

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Can you just tell me, WHAT IS THE POINT? Why would you want to put yourself through the stress of arguing when you can just whip out your ID and be on your way. Im struggling to see why you would want to make things difficult.
Well we weren't on our way that is the thing. Of course that was after the fact when my buddy was sent to the squad car hahaha.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's the fact that he felt he didn't want to give identification to a white police officer. That's all it boils down to.
Taking things out of context FTW.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Hey look what I just found when watching that video again. It made me laugh. Tell me if it makes you laugh too.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Aus the first thing they tell you is why you are being pulled over.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
In Aus the first thing they tell you is why you are being pulled over.
You guys do everything in reverse and upside down so it would make sense

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Cops always ask for license and registration first, to see if 1 Your Driver's License is valid, and 2 to see if your registration is valid. If they are not those are also crimes. It is common procedure to ask for documents and then explain why the person was pulled over. Lying and being a dick to a cop makes things worse. I know from experience.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give him the license and registration then to ask what he pulled you over for. And be firm. Then head to the PD the next day and file a complaint on the officer.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually he wasn't. LOL did I not say that? There was a gray van that was actually going faster than us but we were pulled over. I remember my friend got back from the car and was shocked because he was adamant he was going the correct speed. He was docked at going five miles over I think though.

Sooooooooo.... He was speeding? Noone knows what the cops intentions for pulling you guys over was other than the cop and whether you like it or not they hold all of the cards in this situation. Even being 5 miles over he has every legal right to pull you over(I know they almost never exercise this right) but even without that he could just claim that your friend was driving "suspiciously" and that would be enough to cover his ass if he was profiling. I've been pulled over a few times and the first thing I've heard every time is license and registration. Most of the times the cop didn't even bother to tell me why until after the ticket was written.

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 03-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah if you're even 1 mile over he can pull you over if he's feeling especially dickish.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Sooooooooo.... He was speeding?
I'm pretty sure he was saying that the cop told him he was going 5 over.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I would give him the license and registration then to ask what he pulled you over for. And be firm. Then head to the PD the next day and file a complaint on the officer.
Yes, it's not so much the order...but while my buddy was giving his license to the officer he asked twice and the cop just told us to hold on a minute. Then went back to his car. I don't see what is so hard to tell the people you pulled over...why they were pulled over...especially when they ask politely.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, it's not so much the order...but while my buddy was giving his license to the officer he asked twice and the cop just told us to hold on a minute. Then went back to his car. I don't see what is so hard to tell the people you pulled over...why they were pulled over...especially when they ask politely.
Didn't you say the police officer spoke with your friend at his patrol car about why? So he did tell him why, I thought.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is as simple as knowing your rights, people. I was pulled over once when I was in Philly, and the cop asked for my license and registration. And then said nothing. I told him I'd be more than happy to give them to him if he told me why he pulled me over. He then gave his reason and I handed over my license. He told me he may have suspected I was a drunk driver, (this was after a Phillies game) but I explained to him I hadn't drank anything alcoholic at all (and I hadn't) and I just wasn't familiar with the area and it didn't help all the other people around me driving like douchers.

NEVER hand over any of your personal property, especially with lots of valuable info on it like you DL #, insurance info and all that other **** unless you are given a reason. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW THESE THINGS (in PA anyway). Its also within your rights to ask for a badge number before you even hand that over, but as long as everything looks legit, I wouldn't bother, because then they'll just think your being a dick.

As it was, he came back, I apologized for seeming difficult, and I didn't want to keep him from doing his job, and he told me I was fine asking that, and that officers SHOULD tell you why you are being pulled over (usually do it by asking "do you know why I'm pulling you over?") before they ask for anything else from you, otherwise they aren't necessarily following how things should go.

Know your rights, this is something that varies, slightly, by state, so there isn't much you could have done about that, Ness, being in another state, but don't let people in power abuse it further.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Not really, you don't have to release any of your things until your given a reason why you are pulled over.

Goddamnit people, why do you let someone with a badge just take control of the situation like this? You lose all your power as a civillian if you treat officers this way. I've got no problem respecting an officer, unless they are going about things the wrong way. You are well within your rights to explain to a badge they are doing things wrong (as long as you don't swear at them). They won't like it, and will give you a hard time as a result of it, but don't just lie down and let them kick you in the kidneys.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Didn't you say the police officer spoke with your friend at his patrol car about why? So he did tell him why, I thought.
The way I read that, it was after he surrendered the ID though.

And officers do that solely because he initially planned on asking Ness's buddy why they were there, then getting Ness separate and asking him to see if they had the same story. If there would be inconsistencies, that's when cops bring in backup and actually have power to search the car,hold the driver, etc, depending on a few things.