Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rumor Floating around

I heard there is a rumor floating around about Deltha O'Neal being shipped to Atlanta for draft picks(a 3rd, and a 2nd day pick). Anyone else hear about this?
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah supposedly NFLN said that.

Given the fact that ATL named Jimmy Williams a starter at CB and they already have Hall I really really doubt it. It would be sweet though.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as O'Neal had an off year last year and there are persistent comments about his committment to the game - if such a trade is done who plays corner? JJ is one for sure but then who? James is gone thankfully but that then Ratliff as the second guy - he is bad enough as the third guy.

Having said that, Marvin Lewis is in a get tough mode right now and he may very well ship out ONeal just to make a point. For argumnets sake lets say they did make that trade, they would then in my opinion have to pick up a starting corner at #18 or if they traded down from that spot they would have to pick up 2 corners on day one.

So, lets see. Trade Oneal for a 3rd rounder and change. Trade down in the first and pick up another second or third yielding 4 day one picks instead of the two they have. Two corners, one safety and a LB or DL. Possible.

Last edited by I_C_DeadPeople : 03-29-2007 at 09:41 AM.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I eally don't think after the way he played last year, that O'Neal could fetch us a 3rd rd choice. I think he would be more like a 5th rder but I would hope I'm wrong.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... I think at most he's WORTH a 4th or 5th to another team.

However, for us I wouldn't give him up for less than a 3rd. We just need him too bad for depth/experience. Otherwise we would have Keiwan as our backup and we'd be starting a rookie from day 1.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to keep him for his experience. but if a third and a day 2 was involved, i could deal with his loss. Houston/Revis in rd 1. and then maybe PBA in rd 2 then S in 3
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Reports are that a Deltha O'Neal trade is likely to happen soon to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a third-round pick.
This would be sweet. In this situation I'd like to see...

1. Reggie Nelson
2. Justin Durant
3. Fred Bennett
Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not too familiar with bennett.
what about this:

1. Houston
2. Safety (Wendling, Rouse, Piscitelli or maybe Meriweather if there)
3. What about Tim Shaw or Antwan Barnes but we could go BPA
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it hard to believe that we would trade Deltha and leave only Joseph and Ratliff as the corners, unless Madieu is indeed switched to corner. If he does get traded, corner would become our #1 priority, as it was a huge need with him here already. If Deltha plays like he did last year, getting a 3rd and possibly a day 2 for him would be a steal though.

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Justin Durant
3. John Wendling
4. Jay Alford
5. Matt Spaeth
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS

I think that would be a bad trade for the Bengals.

Is a 3rd rounder and a, say, 5th rounder really going to help the Bengals more than a high-caliber CB?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS View Post
I think that would be a bad trade for the Bengals.

Is a 3rd rounder and a, say, 5th rounder really going to help the Bengals more than a high-caliber CB?
O'Neal is no longer a high caliber CB. He's a selfish player on the downside of his career.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS

How can a CB be selfish? Not to be facetious or anything but I was unaware of O'Neal's deficiencies.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS View Post
How can a CB be selfish? Not to be facetious or anything but I was unaware of O'Neal's deficiencies.
He played a terrible season compared to years past. and he got arrested last year.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

He wasn't toughing it through an injury last year that Marvin felt he could have. Plus he wasn't near the level he played in '05 when he actually did play.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TIMCOUCHSUPERBOWLBROWNS

ahhhhh the arrest.....I seem to have forgotten that....or maybe it was just washed out of my mind by all the OTHER bengals arrested, jk haha.

but yeah, you dont want a criminal weenie on your team I'd say trade him based on what was just said.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were always 'stories' that Oneal was not all that passionate about the game which likely frustrated Denver to no ends, leading to the trade. The trade seemed to give him new energy but he fell back last year. Might be one of those guys that needs new scenery every year or two.

IF, and that is a big IF, he convinces Lewis he will be a dedicated player and a team player he will stay - but Lewis is cleaning out those that don't hence the rumor.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ive never been huge fan of ONeal's but i liked him for the fact that he was our best CB. Now we got JJ and a potential first rounder like Revis or Houston.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN said that this rumor, O'Neal to Atlanta, was bunk.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
ESPN said that this rumor, O'Neal to Atlanta, was bunk.
Take whatever you hear on ESPN with a grain of salt