Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-29-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Brockers, Fletcher Cox, Keuchly, DeCastro, Blackmon would be options. The best scenario would of course be Blackmon, but if he's gone, people are going to be scared away from Jeffrey and Floyd because of the "character" tag, and Kendall Wright sketches you out at #7 because of his size, and the slow time makes you a little nervous. If you're picking in the back half of the first round and and draft him as a #2 with upside you're fine, but #7 is just too high for Wright. I think he'd be expected to do too much in Jacksonville. It's possible he can succeed, but I think most people would be expecting a Doug Baldwin-type rookie year from him, and while that's probably worth a late-first or second round pick from a prodution/value standpoint for what you expect from a rookie, I don't know if Wright profiles as a guy you build your passing game around. It's different in college. So if Blackmon's there it's a no-brainer, but if they don't want to go Floyd, they've got to be thinking BPA or just trying to trade down. At least, that's how I see it. I don't see a whole lot of Jags games.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Don't really think he'd touch Brockers, Cox is an entirely different issue, though. Kuechly is an incredible longshot, I think.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brockers has already had a private visit with the Jags, so I wouldn't rule him out. I still think Jacksonville and Cleveland will talk a trade where the Jaguars get Blackmon and Cleveland gets Richardson/Tannehill

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

That trade won't happen. The only reason we moved up last year was because Gene was enamored with Gabbert.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
That trade won't happen. The only reason we moved up last year was because Gene was enamored with Gabbert.
And he wants Gabbert to succeed right? Bringing in Laurent Robinson to solve your WR issues isn't a great idea, and I don't see a WR worth taking at 7. Cleveland has already said they are willing to move as far down to 8, and that thinking has to make you believe they can settle on either Richardson or Tannehill at 7. It's the Browns way of getting back at the Rams, they miss out on Blackmon now and the Browns get richer with even more picks added now.

The Jaguars will look at DE at 7, but I just can't see them reaching on Ingram at 7. They should move the pick up or down.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 03-29-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jags will be looking at the defensive line at #7 if Blackmon isn't there, so while no one can really pinpoint their guy I think we can slim it down to a handful of prospects. I also believe that the Rams at 6 and Jacksonville at 7 are prime spots for a team like MIA or KC to trade up for Tannehill, so moving down is always an option aswell.

I think there was only one mention of Poe in this thread, and I've been mocking that for the last few weeks whenever Blackmon doesn't fall, love that fit. I do however feel that Blackmon has a great chance of falling to 7 and would more likely than not be the pick if available.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
And he wants Gabbert to succeed right? Bringing in Laurent Robinson to solve your WR issues isn't a great idea, and I don't see a WR worth taking at 7. Cleveland has already said they are willing to move as far down to 8, and that thinking has to make you believe they can settle on either Richardson or Tannehill at 7. It's the Browns way of getting back at the Rams, they miss out on Blackmon now and the Browns get richer with even more picks added now.

The Jaguars will look at DE at 7, but I just can't see them reaching on Ingram at 7. They should move the pick up or down.
Gene wants to move down more than he wants to move up. Gabbert was a special situation in his eyes last year and he may well think that he can get better value in the 2nd and beyond than trading away another top 40 pick to move up again.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I wish there was a Jacksonville fan here, or somebody that cares enough about trying to project this pick, that could go back and look at Gene Smith's history and try to find some more trends in the traits that he values in players. I know that he tries to find players that are perceived as undervalued, thus all the small school guys. But what about Alualu? What made Smith think he was so undervalued? I have no idea; I didn't pay much attention to him as a prospect. Are there guys like that in this draft?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Hardy_(linebacker)

Also, stop acting like you have any idea what Jacksonville will do. Nobody has any idea.
I'm fairly certain a DT will not be taken. I also don't see a O-Lineman being taken unless we are weary of Britton, which is possible, but unlikely. He had an infection in his back if I remember right, which is relieving and I'm sure we are feeling a lot better about him, a lot of people thought there was structural damage.

At 7, I wouldn't expect a huge surprise like that Alualu pick (which I love btw, I was on the bandwagon of Jags fans being pissed, but once you put on tape of this guy, loved that pick, still do). I don't think we want to pick at 7, Gene Smith has came out and said he is open to trading down, I just am doubtful we find a deal. Floyd I could see as an option if Gene Smith see's him turning his bad streak around which he is trying to do, Coples, Ingram, Mercilus (Joe Cullen, our D-Line coach is in love with this guy. Had dinner with him when he came in for a visit, I personally would like him, but more so as a trade down candidate. There is plenty of options, just unsure where we go. Could be between 5-6 players, and there is always someone who falls, at least usually.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Come on, seriously? Obviously L-Ro isn't going to make your WR corps from the worst to the best, but he sure as hell helps it. Watch tape on L-Ro, he gets great seperation, has big playmaking ability, good hands, and runs good routes. Unlike Mike Thomas, he doesn't give up on plays, he bailed out Romo countless times when he had no where to go. When Miles was out for those 6 games and L-Ro was more of a main target, the guy had 28 catches, 463 yards, and 6 TD's. Picking him up, getting a solid WR in the 1st/2nd, and Lewis hopefully going back to what he did 2 years ago (which I think time with Gabbert will help that situation) will go a long way.

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think WR Stephen Hill is going to be the most overdrafted player in this draft, next to Dontari Poe.

Hill is a clear first round talent, but I won't be surprised if he goes top 12.
Gabbert needs a WR, hopefully Blackmon falls so the Jags won't have to reach.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you Ingram at 7, and then a wr in the 2nd. It's going to happen.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
I'm telling you Ingram at 7, and then a wr in the 2nd. It's going to happen.
I agree with this. Ingram will be @ #7 maybe Brian Quick in the second?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I agree with this. Ingram will be @ #7 maybe Brian Quick in the second?
This team has needed a de so bad for so long, and then the best one in the draft is there for them to take. The wr class is very deep, the de class is not. I don't think this logic is very hard to figure out guys. I think they trade back a little in the 2nd and get jenkins.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

Except for the fact that Ingram's not the consensus #1 DE in this class. Don't call it "logic" when there's no facts to back it up.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Melvin Ingram if the Jags stay in this slot.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJaguar View Post
Eh, the only really out-of-nowhere pick he's made so far was Tyson.
well i don't just mean with their first rounders.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
This team has needed a de so bad for so long, and then the best one in the draft is there for them to take. The wr class is very deep, the de class is not. I don't think this logic is very hard to figure out guys. I think they trade back a little in the 2nd and get jenkins.
You think Jenkins makes it to the second let alone to a position where they would be trading back to get him?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
Yeah, yeah I know. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them pick up someone like Whitney Mercilus at #7, if that's how the top 6 went.
If the top 6 picks goes as consensus predicts and the Jaguars are unable to trade back then I think Whitney Mercilus will be the pick.

Gene Smith has a track record of passing on players like Coples with commitment issues and Ingram seems a better fit for a 3-4 team. Mercilus is athletically very similar to Aldon Smith last year and JPP two years ago. He is the type of player Gene Smith traditionally targets and is being underrated by far too many.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Thread Killer
Rookie

Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whomever their new owners tells them to select.
Thread Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would assume Blackmon or Reiff. Taking Gabbert so high last year, you almost need to surround him with talent, because he is the franchise QB or should be according to his draft position. Blackmon gives him a #1 WR and Reiff gives him protection on the OLine.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
I would assume Blackmon or Reiff. Taking Gabbert so high last year, you almost need to surround him with talent, because he is the franchise QB or should be according to his draft position. Blackmon gives him a #1 WR and Reiff gives him protection on the OLine.
I do not think the Jaguars will use the #7 on a RT.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

The thing that makes me shy away from Ingram at 7 is that the Jaguars have 10 of the 11 starters from last year returning after a solid season defensively. While the passing offense struggled with Gabbert now the QB, and MJD carrying things. While Reiff is the best fit he does give them a start right away on that oline to protect Gabbert and help MJD in the run game.

Floyd would be the automatic pick here if he has no character issues, but yet I still do see a slight chance of him getting picked here. The Jaguars should see a few offers from teams trying to get Gabbert(Browns? Chiefs? Eagles?) at 7, so trading down will be an option for them.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing that makes me shy away from Ingram at 7 is that the Jaguars have 10 of the 11 starters from last year returning after a solid season defensively. While the passing offense struggled with Gabbert now the QB, and MJD carrying things. While Reiff is the best fit he does give them a start right away on that oline to protect Gabbert and help MJD in the run game.

Floyd would be the automatic pick here if he has no character issues, but yet I still do see a slight chance of him getting picked here. The Jaguars should see a few offers from teams trying to get Gabbert(Browns? Chiefs? Eagles?) at 7, so trading down will be an option for them.
10 of 11 may be returning, but they ranked near the bottom of the league in sacks. As much as the offense needs help, using the top pick if you can't trade down on a pass rusher would greatly help the defense. Pass rush is always a premium and it is the one area on defense thatsorely lacks for the Jags.

Trade down would be the best case scenario for the Jags this year unless Blackmon or Claiborne slips to 7, in which case pulling the trigger on either or is a smarter move IMO.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

Knighton has what has been called a serious eye injury so Cox, Brockers or Poe could come into play at the #7.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im confused why people think the Jaguars cant trade up with the Browns. the no.4 pick is worth 1800 and the no.7 is valued at 1500. the difference can be made up with Jacksonville's 3rd and 4th rd picks. is anyone going to hold it against the Jags for trading both their Day 2 picks to bring Blackmon into the fold? hes the only WR with a high enough floor to guarantee he wont be a bust. Floyd (and maybe even Hill) might have higher ceiling, but they cant risk a bust and need to surround Gabbert with talent if they want to even have a remote chance of developing him into a quality starting QB.

and if the Browns do trade down, i think the Jags could get it done for just the 70th overall pick, as Cleveland's target will probably be Tannehill (though i honestly hope it isnt), in which case they cant trade any further down or Miami will grab him with the no. 8 pick.

in that scenario, can anyone claim Blackmon for a 1st and an additional 3rd isnt worth it for Jacksonville?
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote