Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First Fantasy Football Draft complete!

Here is my team and who I picked, 12 teams, .5 PPR.

QB: Tony Romo – 6.08
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew – 1.05
RB: Ryan Mathews – 2.08
WR: Miles Austin – 4.08
WR: Jeremy Maclin – 5.05
TE: Owen Daniels – 11.05
Flex: Adrian Peterson – 3.05
D: Chiefs Defense – 20.08
K: John Kasay – 22.08
BN: Demaryius Thomas – 7.05
BN: Mike Williams – 8.08
BN: Ryan Williams – 9.05
BN: Doug Martin – 10.08
BN: Andrew Luck – 12.08
BN: Austin Collie – 13.05
BN: Kyle Rudolph – 14.08
BN: Lamichael James – 15.05
BN: Jon Baldwin – 16.08
BN: Knowshon Moreno – 17.05
BN: Kendall Wright – 18.08
BN: Dion Lewis 19.05
BN: Mohamed Sanu – 21.05

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 02-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy on the youngsters, no? Esepcially given the pre-draft status of this draft. I also think there's a ton of risk in your picks in rounds 7-10. Was it that thin, or did you choose to select all young upside and pass on the old guard that may be more reliable?

AP in the third is nice. That could be a huge play if he's ready to go at the start of the season. Even if he's only a late season play, he's one hell of an insurance policy. Though I think it's very concerning that you weren't able to get Toby. Where did he get drafted?

Also, where did Forte go? I'm curious about him as his injury never gave us a chance to see him play again this season and this super early draft makes him a bit of a question mark.

Austin and Maclin are a crazy good combo and Maclin will prove to be an epic steal in the fifth. I was huge on him last year and injuries were the only thing that kept him from being an absolute stud.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap. That's one long bench.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Heavy on the youngsters, no? Esepcially given the pre-draft status of this draft. I also think there's a ton of risk in your picks in rounds 7-10. Was it that thin, or did you choose to select all young upside and pass on the old guard that may be more reliable?

AP in the third is nice. That could be a huge play if he's ready to go at the start of the season. Even if he's only a late season play, he's one hell of an insurance policy. Though I think it's very concerning that you weren't able to get Toby. Where did he get drafted?

Also, where did Forte go? I'm curious about him as his injury never gave us a chance to see him play again this season and this super early draft makes him a bit of a question mark.

Austin and Maclin are a crazy good combo and Maclin will prove to be an epic steal in the fifth. I was huge on him last year and injuries were the only thing that kept him from being an absolute stud.
I blew it on Toby, twas a huge mistake. He went in the 8th, should have went him over D. Thomas/Mike Williams, but I figured a bunch of young WR talent would give me 3 to start the year until AD comes back. Forte went at 1.07 (color me shocked).

As for youth, I'm guilty as always, but I liked going Doug Martin over say James Starks, Kevin Smith, and Evan Royster. TE is weak, I know, but someone will emerge (and I think it will be Rudolph)

Full Draft is here: http://www.phoenixfantasysports.com/...aft-picks-only

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gronk & Graham in round 2 . . . still not drinking that particular cool-aid. Guys like Nicks / Wallace / Roddy and quite a few studs should simply not be going after a TE. Madness.

While it's a bit tough to pick on the Champ, I'm thinking the guy drafting at the turn has put together a stinker of a team through 6 rounds. Marshawn? I love the guy but he seems like his only stud years are contract years. No thanks. Richardson and Reggie Bush when Bradshaw and Beanie are still on the board? Yikes. Maybe once we know where Richardson will be that would make sense, but I'm not sold that's smart now. Reggie isn't pulling off another stud year in Miami.

QB heavy round one. I like the team the Cam owner put together but have a hard time believing Newton will live up to the value of a top 10 pick. He has the look of epic sophmore slump to me. (And that's coming from a guy that drafted him in round 16 of a keeper league last year. I'd LOVE to be wrong. lol)

I'm loving Leshoure as a round 8 pick. Even moreso as a round 16 keeper for my Flying Funk this year. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If you'd like to grade the teams, feel free:

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy schnikes! Someone else is drinking the Chiefs D kool-aid for 2012! Aww yeah buddy!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shane. Shane.

Austin over Dez? On what planet? Austin over Harvin is bad too...

Also would have taken DMac over Mathews.

I like the Bey-Bey pick but I definitely would have gone with a young RB or your Gerhart handcuff idea instead of Little Mike Williams.

I hope Doug Martin isn't the next Donald Brown but I do like Ryan Williams...

And there was no reason to take Romo in the 6th. In today's NFL, either get a record-breaker early or just wait on QBs. You ended up with Luck so late Romo's going to be a wasted pick... oh well.

My favorite picks are Peterson, Luck, Kendall Wright, BeyBey, Ryan Williams, and I guess I like Mathews' upside (Tolbert's a FA?). But I don't really like your team lol.

4th pick would have been so much better to get Shady instead of MJD. I honestly don't know what I would have done at 5th. Maybe Calvin, maybe Forte. That's a really tough pick.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Shane. Shane.

Austin over Dez? On what planet? Austin over Harvin is bad too...

Also would have taken DMac over Mathews.

I like the Bey-Bey pick but I definitely would have gone with a young RB or your Gerhart handcuff idea instead of Little Mike Williams.

I hope Doug Martin isn't the next Donald Brown but I do like Ryan Williams...

And there was no reason to take Romo in the 6th. In today's NFL, either get a record-breaker early or just wait on QBs. You ended up with Luck so late Romo's going to be a wasted pick... oh well.

My favorite picks are Peterson, Luck, Kendall Wright, BeyBey, Ryan Williams, and I guess I like Mathews' upside (Tolbert's a FA?). But I don't really like your team lol.

4th pick would have been so much better to get Shady instead of MJD. I honestly don't know what I would have done at 5th. Maybe Calvin, maybe Forte. That's a really tough pick.
The 6th is waiting on a QB, Schaub went later than I expected and may have been a better pick in the 8th, but def. didn't think he would last that long.

PPG, Austin was much better than Dez and Percy. With Dez's uncertainty off the field and maturity wise, Austin probably the better/safer pick. If Austin is healthy, I'd bet on him outscoring those two.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

DGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's all of the rosters, spreadsheet-style (sorry it's a little fuzzy):

Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

DGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bring this league/draft back up for any post-draft thoughts...