Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-25-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss

Kiper has him ranked the #3 tackle after Kalil and Reiff, has him ranked before Martin and Adams. I'm an Ole Miss fan and I will vouch that he has a ton of talent, but he hasn't played on the left side. The ability is certainly there but I am pretty shocked to see him ranked over both Martin and Adams. He has as much talent as either of them, but he is a little raw and hasn't played on the left side. I could see him being picked in the top 20, maybe even higher if someone really likes him. It isn't out of the question to take a RT very early in this passing league but Massie could make a move to the left side. Will be a beast in the run game from day one and should be a very good pass blocker but he will need some work on his technique. As talented as any lineman in the class though.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He certainly has started rising out of no where. I don't know much about him, but if Martin and Adams are the alternatives, I could certainly see him jumping up to #3. Anyone have some good Massie video?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a RT, and I just don't see him going ahead of potential LT prospects in Mike Adams and Jonathan Martin. Cordy Glenn might be a better LT prospect that Massie IMO, but I can't see Massie dropping past the 3rd round. Very solid 2nd round pick for a RT needy team.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massie will probably go late 1st but I don't see listing him as the number 3 tackle. Also, I don't really like Reiff at 2. I feel like Adams is the 2nd best tackle.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Massie will probably go late 1st but I don't see listing him as the number 3 tackle. Also, I don't really like Reiff at 2. I feel like Adams is the 2nd best tackle.
This.

As far as Massie goes:

I really like the kid. I definitely think that he has the tools to become an awesome LT at the next level. Pretty much has gotten by on physical talent alone and really needs to work on technique/pad level.

Plays with inconsistent pad level and will get blown up in the NFL if he doesn't fix this regardless of what side he plays on.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI he should have been Ole Miss' LT since he stepped on campus, but the staff had some ****** up love affair with Bradley Sowell. Massie came here to replace Oher but he was stuck at LT. He doesn't have experience on the left side but anyone who has seen him play knows that he has the tools to play left tackle.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
He certainly has started rising out of no where. I don't know much about him, but if Martin and Adams are the alternatives, I could certainly see him jumping up to #3. Anyone have some good Massie video?
A lot of people just didn't evaluate him because he should have stayed in school.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I still don't see him as anything more than a third round value. He's got very good size, good length, pretty good feet and plays with some physicality but he's got some issues that worry me. In the limited amount of Ole Miss games I watched this year, he seems like he's a top heavy, waist-bender who really struggles to sit down and anchor vs. the bull rush. He does a good job with his sets out of stance but he leans in on contact too much opposed to sitting down and punching. It is correctable to an extent but it's also part of the way he moves. It's looking like he probably won't get past the mid-2nd right now but I wouldn't take him anytime before the 3rd round.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Personally, I still don't see him as anything more than a third round value. He's got very good size, good length, pretty good feet and plays with some physicality but he's got some issues that worry me. In the limited amount of Ole Miss games I watched this year, he seems like he's a top heavy, waist-bender who really struggles to sit down and anchor vs. the bull rush. He does a good job with his sets out of stance but he leans in on contact too much opposed to sitting down and punching. It is correctable to an extent but it's also part of the way he moves. It's looking like he probably won't get past the mid-2nd right now but I wouldn't take him anytime before the 3rd round.
I have a very different view of him - isn't funny how 2 people can watch the same prospect and see different things?!

He's a RT only - always going to struggle against top edge speed. But I think he can sit in his stance and anchor - and indeed when someone gets under him off the snap, I love his ability to get a bit lower, keep working with his hands and re-anchor.

I think Mike Adams has to be the #2 OT because he has the tools be a LT. There is risk with him because he switches off from time to time - indeed he has some Michael Oher about him... But Massie for me is in contention for the #3 spot with Martin and Reiff who I think are both RT's.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

massie will go in the early part of 2.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massie has been steadily climbing up draft boards from a 3rd rounder into a solid 2nd rounder but I still think round 1 is out of the equation. He is clearly behind Kalil, Reiff and Adams. Martin is a question mark because of his lack of toughness and aggression but still looks like #4 to me. Massie is more like # 7 in the OT pecking order with Glenn #5 and Brown, Allen, Sanders, Schwartz, Mosley and Massie in the next group in no particular order.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just hope one of those guys falls to the browns 2nd round pick.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Massie has been steadily climbing up draft boards from a 3rd rounder into a solid 2nd rounder but I still think round 1 is out of the equation. He is clearly behind Kalil, Reiff and Adams. Martin is a question mark because of his lack of toughness and aggression but still looks like #4 to me. Massie is more like # 7 in the OT pecking order with Glenn #5 and Brown, Allen, Sanders, Schwartz, Mosley and Massie in the next group in no particular order.
I'd have to agree with this.

I might not have him exactly at 7 but I wouldn't consider him a first rounder yet and may be sneaking into the middle to late 2nd round.

I'm extremely intrigued by his potential but he is still reasonably raw as a prospect so I don't knwo if I could justify him in the first.

Then again, Brockers is being talked about as a first rounder and is in a somewhat similar situation (declared earlier than expected, raw, tons of potential)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Was uploaded today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzuRg...50FUAAAAAAABAA
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
he seems like he's a top heavy, waist-bender who really struggles to sit down and anchor vs. the bull rush.
Of all of the problems you could have at OT, that has to be the most correctable (save poor conditioning). Maybe he's not built right, but I have to imagine that's not the case.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

If Vinny Curry isnt around by the Giants 2nd round pick, I wouldnt mind Massie, we NEED a decent RT

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote