Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Could Coples Fall?

Quinton Coples has been the favorite to be the first DE drafted for some time, but could he free fall like Da'Quan Bowers did? I don't see many teams needing a big DE with a cold motor, and he could possibly fall to the late teens. A team like Chicago needs a DE, and might view Coples as Peppers potential replacement down the line like they did with Mario Williams in F/A. Coples isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense IMO, which will also hurt his stock with more teams going to that scheme.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Quinton Coples has been the favorite to be the first DE drafted for some time, but could he free fall like Da'Quan Bowers did? I don't see many teams needing a big DE with a cold motor, and he could possibly fall to the late teens. A team like Chicago needs a DE, and might view Coples as Peppers potential replacement down the line like they did with Mario Williams in F/A. Coples isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense IMO, which will also hurt his stock with more teams going to that scheme.
He won't fall like Bowers but I do see him falling I'm working on my mock now. I'm at 12 and don't see anywhere he really shows up at. Maybe Arizona? I think I'm going to have him end up on the Titans when its all said and done.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might trip, but he won't fall.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coples isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense IMO, which will also hurt his stock with more teams going to that scheme.
See, I believe the opposite to be true. The reason Coples was a less effective player on the field wasn't because of program instability as he would have you believe. It's simply because he's a better interior defensive lineman than he is on the outside. He drew a lot of positive reviews at Senior Bowl but it wasn't because of his edge rushing prowess. Where he really stood out was vs. the run when he could use his strength and length at the point of attack. As a pass rusher, both in the drills and game, we saw him use a tighter alignment and he was significantly more successful on power and inside moves.

He's never been much of an 'edge rusher' and we got a glimpse of why at the combine. Coples quietly had a really poor performance in Indy. On the surface he had a good weigh in, bench and a solid 40. But in the 3-cone and short shuttle, arguably the two most important drills for pass rushers, he finished dead last out of all of the DE's in both with a 7.57 and 4.78. Both of these reflect in his game with his lack of flexibility, bend of change of direction off the edge. I really believe that any 4-3 drafting him as a DE in the first round expecting him to be a strong pass rusher is making a mistake. On the other hand, I really think he stands a better chance at succeeding in a 3-4. He has an ideal body type and has the frame to carry a little more weight if need be, proven strength and physicality at the point and the ability to be a more effective pass rusher (relatively) with his length and athleticism vs. guards much like he was in 2010.

Now 'fall' does he far? NFL teams could very well feel differently but I tend to think that he would hold a higher value for 34 teams looking for an end. We saw Cam Jordan go for a little fall last year as a 34/43 tweener end. It could be a similar situation with Coples where teams aren't totally sold on him in either front. Most of the DE needy teams are in the 19-31 range so yes I do think it's quite possible that he goes somewhere in that range.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-27-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: grammar
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt really say falling to the late teens is really free falling like Bowers did. I'm not a huge fan of his but he at least shows some dominance versus division one competition. Unlike Poe.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
See, I believe the opposite to be true. The reason Coples' was a less effective player on the field wasn't because of program instability as he would have you believe. It's simply because he's a better interior defensive lineman than he is on the outside. He drew a lot of positive reviews at Senior Bowl but it wasn't because of his edge rushing prowess. Where he really stood out was vs. the run when he could use his strength and length at the point of attack. As a pass rusher, both in the drills and game, we saw him use a tighter alignment and he was significantly more successful on power moves and inside moves.

He's never been much of an 'edge rusher' and we got a glimpse of why at the combine. Coples quietly had a really poor performance in Indy. On the surface he had a good weigh in, bench and a solid 40. But in the 3-cone and short shuttle, arguably the two most important drills for pass rushers, he finished dead last out of all of the DE's in both with a 7.57 and 4.78. Both of these reflect in his game with his lack of flexibility, bend of change of direction off the edge. I really believe that any 4-3 drafting him as a DE in the first round expecting him to be a strong pass rusher is making a mistake. On the other hand, I really think he stands a better chance at succeeding in a 3-4. He has an ideal body type and has the frame to carry a little more weight if need be, proven strength and physicality at the point and the ability to be a more effective pass rusher (relatively) with his length and athleticism vs. guards much like he was in 2010.

Now does he 'fall' far? NFL teams could very well feel differently but I tend to think that he would hold a higher value for 34 teams looking for an end. We saw Cam Jordan go for a little fall last year as a 34/43 tweener end. It could be a similar situation with Coples where teams aren't totally sold on him in either front. Most of the DE needy teams are in the 19-31 range so yes I do think it's quite possible that he goes somewhere in that range.
This basically sums up my feelings on Coples. I've been saying for months that the Julius Peppers comparisons are way, way off. Coples doesn't possess the same fluidity and explosiveness that make Peppers such a successful pass rusher. Someone made a Greg Ellis comparison for Coples, I thought that was pretty good. A more contemporary example might be a Justin Tuck type, if he fulfills his potential to the utmost degree.

I do think he's more of a 10-15 guy then a 5-10 guy, for what its worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sounds like the Panthers absolutely love him, so #9 might be it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Smokescreen? I haven't seen the report, but they need more picks so they could be trying to force someone to trade up for Coples and gain a few extra picks.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Smokescreen? I haven't seen the report, but they need more picks so they could be trying to force someone to trade up for Coples and gain a few extra picks.
I don't think it is a smokescreen, it has been the buzz since the Senior Bowl and has only continued into the Combine and his visit.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it is a smokescreen, it has been the buzz since the Senior Bowl and has only continued into the Combine and his visit.

Well it is hard to blame them for liking DE's from UNC... They did invest a lot in DT's last year so it is possible they want to give those guys a full off season and another shot next year to show what they can do. Getting a pass rush in that division is clearly going to be necessary so cannot balme them for thinking DE in round 1.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
He won't fall like Bowers but I do see him falling I'm working on my mock now. I'm at 12 and don't see anywhere he really shows up at. Maybe Arizona? I think I'm going to have him end up on the Titans when its all said and done.
Arizona, Dallas and San Diego are possibilities as a 3-4 end.

Seattle, Philly, Cincy and Chicago would all look at him as a 4-3 end.

Any one of those teams could view him as BPA and take him for that reason.

Considering the Jets took ends in the 1st and 3rd last year, and Kansas City is loaded with bodies at end those are the only 2 teams within the teens who I don't think will take Coples should he slide out of the top 10. I also think there are 2 teams (Cleveland and Detroit) in the early 20's may all have some form of interest and could considering moving up for him. I just don't see him sliding out of the teens if he makes it there.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would be shocked if he made it out of the top 9 picks. He doesn't have the questions about his knees that Bowers did. Bowers would've been a top 10 pick if he was completely healthy.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da'Quan Bowers fell because of injury concerns, not because of talent. There were many that thought that he would never be healthy enough the play a full season. The jury is still out on that but so far so good. As for Coples, he is, as Mike Mayock characterized him "...as good as he wants to be." He is off the charts talented, athletic, stout against the run, and scheme diverse. However, his motor and desire to be great have always been a question. This may scare people away in the early portion of round one but I can't see him falling past Detroit at #23, his value is just too great there.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Steele View Post
Da'Quan Bowers fell because of injury concerns, not because of talent. There were many that thought that he would never be healthy enough the play a full season. The jury is still out on that but so far so good. As for Coples, he is, as Mike Mayock characterized him "...as good as he wants to be." He is off the charts talented, athletic, stout against the run, and scheme diverse. However, his motor and desire to be great have always been a question. This may scare people away in the early portion of round one but I can't see him falling past Detroit at #23, his value is just too great there.
I cant see him falling past Chicago at #19.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Could they be looking at him to move inside to DT?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Could they be looking at him to move inside to DT?
Perhaps, though a consistent option on the opposite side of Charles Johnson is a concern.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps, though a consistent option on the opposite side of Charles Johnson is a concern.
Did Greg Hardy do anything last year? I see he got 4 sacks, I thought he would develop into a good player.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Did Greg Hardy do anything last year? I see he got 4 sacks, I thought he would develop into a good player.
He's been a solid rotational player from what I watched last year, but still an injury risk and not overly consistent. I'm sure the ability to move him inside doesn't hurt!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I do think he'd be successful as a 34 DE, for sure. I don't think you're giving him enough credit as a 43 rusher though. I think he'll get after the passer in a very similar way to Carlos Dunlap.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This basically sums up my feelings on Coples. I've been saying for months that the Julius Peppers comparisons are way, way off. Coples doesn't possess the same fluidity and explosiveness that make Peppers such a successful pass rusher. Someone made a Greg Ellis comparison for Coples, I thought that was pretty good. A more contemporary example might be a Justin Tuck type, if he fulfills his potential to the utmost degree.

I do think he's more of a 10-15 guy then a 5-10 guy, for what its worth.
Personally, I view him as a Kevin Carter type.

I don't think he's the elite athlete people like to think he is. I could very well see him going 19 or 20 to the teams selecting there, respectively.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Carolina taking Coples at 9, there are much better defensive prospects on the board. Luke Kuechly or one of the DT's makes more sense IMO

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he would remind me of chris canty in a 34, in a 43 hes more like jamaal anderson (or what jamaal anderson should have been?)

i dont think he'll make it out of the top ten, especially with brockers falling out of top 10 hype as a 34 DE/43 DE with the ability to kick inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that far, because he doesn't have knee issues. But he's a Jamaal Anderson clone to me, wouldn't touch him that high.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, I believe the opposite to be true. The reason Coples' was a less effective player on the field wasn't because of program instability as he would have you believe. It's simply because he's a better interior defensive lineman than he is on the outside. He drew a lot of positive reviews at Senior Bowl but it wasn't because of his edge rushing prowess. Where he really stood out was vs. the run when he could use his strength and length at the point of attack. As a pass rusher, both in the drills and game, we saw him use a tighter alignment and he was significantly more successful on power moves and inside moves.

Now does he 'fall' far? NFL teams could very well feel differently but I tend to think that he would hold a higher value for 34 teams looking for an end. We saw Cam Jordan go for a little fall last year as a 34/43 tweener end. It could be a similar situation with Coples where teams aren't totally sold on him in either front. Most of the DE needy teams are in the 19-31 range so yes I do think it's quite possible that he goes somewhere in that range.
This. I've been trying to say this for weeks but have failed to do so in such a convincing manner. I actually would very much like it if the Chiefs were to take Coples. As another poster alluded to, Coples has the same all-world potential that Poe does, except Coples has actually produced against premium talent.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If this happens, I will never say anything bad about Stafford.