Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Tag Finley 18 41.86%
Tag Flynn 4 9.30%
Sign Finley to a long term contract, Franchise Flynn, Do a barrel roll. 21 48.84%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The J-Mike 88 Situation.

I was just lounging back thinking about the situation that the Packers are going to have to go through this offseason and wondered what my fellow draft countdown family thinks about the whole situation... Who do you franchise tag?

On one hand you have one of the sexiest black men in the league that can catch passes left and right while flexing his muscles every first down conversion he gets just to remind everyone that he is a badass and you shouldn't **** with him because he's a force of nature.

On the other hand you have an up and coming quarterback that sets records every time he sees the field and discount quadrachecks like its his job. The Packers could easily tag him and trade him and get a few picks and may not miss Finley (they won a super bowl without him).

What would YOU do?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
On one hand you have one of the sexiest black men in the league that can catch passes left and right while flexing his muscles every first down conversion he gets just to remind everyone that he is a badass and you shouldn't **** with him because he's a force of nature.
i give you credit for not stating outright that he is 'the' sexiest one that does this because i believe there is another that wins the sexiest crown

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously franchise Finley unless you come into a agreement before hand. Flynn isn't that good. One great game beating the lions isn't that great you aren't going to franchise him and get anything.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Attempt to work out a long term deal with Finley before the deadline to place the franchise tag. If successful, tag and trade Flynn. If unsuccessful, tag Finley and let Flynn walk.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Attempt to work out a long term deal with Finley before the deadline to place the franchise tag. If successful, tag and trade Flynn. If unsuccessful, tag Finley and let Flynn walk.
I wonder what exactly do you guys think you can get for Flynn?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perhaps it would be relevant to create some kind of poll to see what the general consensus is over who is the sexiest NFL player...

my suggestions, in addition to finley and shiancoe mentioned above, are as follows:
  • brandon marshall
  • brady quinn
  • eric decker
  • kellen winslow jr
  • matthew stafford
  • jimmy clausen
  • colt mccoy
  • darren sharper
  • rob gronkowski
  • reggie bush
  • joe thomas
  • ray edwards
  • eli manning
  • chris cooley

if you want i could even get a 64-team bracket set up march madness style for sexiest NFL player and we could do popularity votes to determine who moves on, etc. i think i could come up with a pretty good field of 64 players who i think are sexy enough to merit consideration.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 01-06-2012 at 12:20 AM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Stafford looks like some dude from New York.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
[*]matthew stafford

Thats Mark Sanchez....

...Matt Stafford is very white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cutler situation in Chicago this season and the Bears subsequent collapse should give the Pack enough incentive to try damn hard to keep Flynn. I'm sure both parties know his relative worth and shouldn't have too hard a time agreeing to a deal that is palatable.

Although the Pack won a SB without Finley, their offense is measurably better with him. I'd say he is the priority and they need to franchise him if the choice must be made.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
The Cutler situation in Chicago this season and the Bears subsequent collapse should give the Pack enough incentive to try damn hard to keep Flynn. I'm sure both parties know his relative worth and shouldn't have too hard a time agreeing to a deal that is palatable.

Although the Pack won a SB without Finley, their offense is measurably better with him. I'd say he is the priority and they need to franchise him if the choice must be made.
Flynn is as good as gone, and I don't see the Packers even attempting to keep him. Flynn will get at least chance to start somewhere else, which he will obviously not be getting in Green Bay. From Flynn's perspective, there's no real incentive to stay.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn to the Redskins.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think they should cut Rodgers and sign Flynn long term.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ban him forever.

Oh I thought you were talking about the poster. Man that guy is annoying.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 AM    (permalink
lasse
Rookie

lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.

Quote:

if you want i could even get a 64-team bracket set up march madness style for sexiest NFL player and we could do popularity votes to determine who moves on, etc. i think i could come up with a pretty good field of 64 players who i think are sexy enough to merit consideration.
i love that idea. go ahead. but dont forget to include andre smith
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Ban him forever.

Oh I thought you were talking about the poster. Man that guy is annoying.
So funny little girl......
I just can't believe there's another Packer thread that popped up.
Wow. So many Packer fans.

Why not more threads about the Lionzzzzz Mufasa?
What about Eric Hipple?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
So funny little girl......
I just can't believe there's another Packer thread that popped up.
Wow. So many Packer fans.

Why not more threads about the Lionzzzzz Mufasa?
What about Eric Hipple?
If you would like us to spam the pro football forums with Lions topics it is very doable. But the thing is our fan base can read "Team Forums"

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost certain that he put Sanchez' picture instead of Stafford as some kind of *** test to see who checked out everyone one of those pictures and was paying too much attention to half dressed men.

Did they get rid of the "transition" tag in the last CBA, I feel like they did but can't remember for sure, if they didn't surely you would use both tags. I'd franchise Finley purely because you don't want 1/6th of your cap being eaten on your backup QB in case there are no takers.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just have a feeling Flynn will have the Cassel affect. Someone will over pay him and the team will back it and he'll play mediocre only till when the team will complain and want him gone.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm almost certain that he put Sanchez' picture instead of Stafford as some kind of *** test to see who checked out everyone one of those pictures and was paying too much attention to half dressed men.

Did they get rid of the "transition" tag in the last CBA, I feel like they did but can't remember for sure, if they didn't surely you would use both tags. I'd franchise Finley purely because you don't want 1/6th of your cap being eaten on your backup QB in case there are no takers.
You can only use one of the tags per year.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
perhaps it would be relevant to create some kind of poll to see what the general consensus is over who is the sexiest NFL player...
[*]darren sharper
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I think they should cut Rodgers and sign Flynn long term.
I mean we all know who the real mvp of that team is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Scott said in another thread that the Packers wouldn't tag Flynn b/c the risk is too great to have a potential $14M backup QB in the end. That's his opinion and not fact, but it is worth considering. Could be that Green Bay loses Flynn for nothing and tags Finley b/c they have no one else to tag.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why risk paying Flynn a huge, one-year deal in the hopes they get a second round pick when they can let someone overpay and still get a 3rd?

Cassel had a full season of play, showed marked improvement from game 1 to game 16, and had a solid winning percentage. He was worth a second and even that took the addition of an aging but studly OLB thrown in.

Anybody who thinks the Pack will tag Flynn has a screw loose.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Why risk paying Flynn a huge, one-year deal in the hopes they get a second round pick when they can let someone overpay and still get a 3rd?
Are you referring to comp picks? Will it be a 3rd? Playing time figures into the formula. And Flynn has very little.