Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the Browns have a defense. You could be the Jags...

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I had a dream once that I was being chased through a tropical jungle paradise by a bright blue 20 story tall Chewbacca. Mine has a better chance of coming true than yours.

Back in '92, my father made me a $100 bet that the Lions would win a Super Bowl by 2000. Here we are....2012. Patience young padawan.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
5 Super Bowl wins...
yeah, 'cause I am totally old enough to remember any before '94.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The tragedy, here, is the "Art Model moves team to Baltimore; team wins a Super Bowl a few years later as the Ravens" backstory.

That had to sting...

Last edited by WCH : 03-29-2012 at 08:23 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
isnt this the same guy that did the Cleveland Tourist video? it sounded like the same singing in the cat video.

edit: i found them. they're pretty funny too

lol, at least we're not Detroit!
I didn't notice that, but it is the same guy. He has made some funny ass videos.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is really sad being a Brown's fan at this time, it could be years before we see any improvement.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
After one of their many obliterations of the Browns, a Steelers fan friend of mine posted about how "no matter what the Steelers ever do, he's confident that they'll at least always be better than the Browns."

He, of course, got several likes and other Steelers fans piled on...then I stepped up.

"If the Lions can actually turn things around, the Browns will one day too."

I was, of course, mocked and they reiterated how bad the Browns are to me.

Someday the Browns will prove me right. Not anytime soon, mind you, but someday. Some...day....
I really hope not. **** Cleveland.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I really hope not. **** Cleveland.
bite me

here is a duck
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
bite me

here is a duck
Like I would accept a filthy, Cleveland area duck...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His rant on the Browns.

Here is a couple of his other videos...

Do yourself a favor and search Mike Polk on Youtube.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched a ton of Osweiler, but if the Browns took Richardson at 4 and then got Osweiler some time later, I would feel optimistic for them. They could give McCoy another year and Osweiler could sit and learn. Richardson adds a potential elite NFL RB to a franchise that needs something to generate excitement and positive momentum.

Last edited by Halsey : 03-31-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns need to stop passing on, well, elite caliber guys. It just seems to me, that last year, they had a perfect opportunity to draft Julio Jones, but passed on him for a trade and ended up with Phil Taylor and WR Greg Little with those picks. To me, that's awful. Even though Taylor was solid, they passed on what could have been an elite prospect.

They missed out on the Robert Baylor trade , but I give them the credit for attempting. However, if they take Tanehill at 4 just to take a QB, then this team will be set back. As a Buc fan, I hope they make that mistake so we can take Richardson. But the easy choice and get an elite player is to take Richardson. If they don't do that, it'll make me think they're trying to lose or something.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Robert Baylor.
Heh. Seems legit.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Browns need to stop passing on, well, elite caliber guys. It just seems to me, that last year, they had a perfect opportunity to draft Julio Jones, but passed on him for a trade and ended up with Phil Taylor and WR Greg Little with those picks. To me, that's awful. Even though Taylor was solid, they passed on what could have been an elite prospect.

They missed out on the Robert Baylor trade , but I give them the credit for attempting. However, if they take Tanehill at 4 just to take a QB, then this team will be set back. As a Buc fan, I hope they make that mistake so we can take Richardson. But the easy choice and get an elite player is to take Richardson. If they don't do that, it'll make me think they're trying to lose or something.
This FO has traded away from "elite" talent one time.

In the first year they drafted Joe Haden. In the second year they traded down.

People need to stop acting like this FO is the same one that traded away from Mark Sanchez and drafted Alex Mack instead.

Also, I doubt Julio would have been the difference last year. We are a bad team, but now we'll have Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, #22, and #118.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
After one of their many obliterations of the Browns, a Steelers fan friend of mine posted about how "no matter what the Steelers ever do, he's confident that they'll at least always be better than the Browns."

He, of course, got several likes and other Steelers fans piled on...then I stepped up.

"If the Lions can actually turn things around, the Browns will one day too."

I was, of course, mocked and they reiterated how bad the Browns are to me.

Someday the Browns will prove me right. Not anytime soon, mind you, but someday. Some...day....
It'll happen evertually when they stumble upon a good QB. But as long as that fan base tries to convince me that guys like Charlie Frye and Colt McCoy are the QBs of the future they will suck.

Just look at how many top 10 picks they've had without taking a QB. They've always accepted whatever young, mediocre to below average arm they've had there as the future. All the while passing on guys that have come to lead teams to the playoffs.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
This FO has traded away from "elite" talent one time.

In the first year they drafted Joe Haden. In the second year they traded down.

People need to stop acting like this FO is the same one that traded away from Mark Sanchez and drafted Alex Mack instead.

Also, I doubt Julio would have been the difference last year. We are a bad team, but now we'll have Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, #22, and #118.
I don't think they traded away from talent, hell id rather have Mack than Sanchez, they have always seemed to pass on a QB to get another player.

In 2004 the took a TE over a potential franchise QB from Ohio in Roethlisberger.
2005 took an amazing WR prospect over a potential franchise QB in Rodgers who many thought should have gone #1.
2007 they again picked the position player, but then went back and got Quinn. Applaud them for finally trying, but that didn't work out either.
2008 was basically spent on Quinn.
2009 they traded out of the ability to get Sanchez or Freeman for a position player.
2010 they had no shot, only Bradford had a first round grade.
2011 They traded down, again I agree with the move.

Basically the only two a fault them for are Ben and Rodgers. They did make the pick of Quinn in 07 and it didn't work out, but I won't blame them for finally trying. In 09, 10, and 11 I don't think there were QBs worth taking that they could have gotten so I don't blame there there either.

Just seems to be some unfortunate positioning in the draft lately where they havn't had a shot at an elite QB without trading up. And its hard to trade up on a team that has so many holes. And that trend seems to be happening again as I don't look at Tannehill as the savior either.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't think they traded away from talent, hell id rather have Mack than Sanchez, they have always seemed to pass on a QB to get another player.

In 2004 the took a TE over a potential franchise QB from Ohio in Roethlisberger.
2005 took an amazing WR prospect over a potential franchise QB in Rodgers who many thought should have gone #1.
2007 they again picked the position player, but then went back and got Quinn. Applaud them for finally trying, but that didn't work out either.
2009 they traded out of the ability to get Sanchez or Freeman for a position player.

Basically the only two a fault them for are Ben and Rodgers. They did make the pick of Quinn in 07 and it didn't work out, but I won't blame them for finally trying. In 09, 10, and 11 I don't think there were QBs worth taking that they could have gotten so I don't blame there there either.

Just seems to be some unfortunate positioning in the draft lately where they havn't had a shot at an elite QB without trading up. And its hard to trade up on a team that has so many holes. And that trend seems to be happening again as I don't look at Tannehill as the savior either.
This sounds good until you look at this draft. They were in a far better position than Washington to trade up for RG111 and simply missed the boat by low balling St. Louis. Also, if Sanchez has a solid year, the trade for Mack will look ridiculous.
Excuses simply don't cut it in the NFL, the solid teams with good management personnel, find a way to get the job done. Cleveland finds a way to blow it every year.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
This sounds good until you look at this draft. They were in a far better position than Washington to trade up for RG111 and simply missed the boat by low balling St. Louis. Also, if Sanchez has a solid year, the trade for Mack will look ridiculous.
Excuses simply don't cut it in the NFL, the solid teams with good management personnel, find a way to get the job done. Cleveland finds a way to blow it every year.
Remember that they also traded down again, and Tampa used that pick on Josh Freeman.

Last edited by WCH : 03-30-2012 at 09:39 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

I think that's a fair analysis of recent draft history, my only argument would be that only 2010 and 2011 where under the watch of the current front office of Holmgren and Heckert.

Looking back on it, some bad decisions were definitely made, but those were under the watch of other guys like Phil Savage, and shouldn't be attributed to what is happening now.

I have infinitely more faith in Heckert than any other GM since the team returned.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

Quote:
They didn't low ball St. Louis, Washington just high balled them (or whatever the opposite would be).

We'll see how it plays out, but RG3 hasn't proven anything yet. Just because everyone seems to think he can't miss doesn't mean it's true. He could turn out just average for whatever reason, and the three first round picks we keep because we didn't make the deal could be future HoF's. Nobody knows.

You've harped on the Sanchez/Mack thing forever, just let it go. It was a different front office then.

Last edited by fear the elf : 03-30-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sanchez blows and will never win a super bowl with his talent (Jets d would have to carry him hard). That trade with the Jets was bad because we got a bunch of washed up pieces of **** and a second rounder who we used on David ******* Veikune... Mack is good though and is a better center than Sanchez is a QB, I would rather not have to wait for Sanchez to ultimately fail.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is causing me consider jumping off my balcony.

As a Browns fan the word win does not register in my mind.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sanchez would need to have more than a solid year for them to regret taking him at 5. He needs to be a top 10 QB before they regret that decision. To me, that was the smartest thing they did and in Sanchez's first 3 seasons, last year, 2011, was his best. Not saying much from a guy who started day 1.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I haven't watched a ton of Osweiler, but if the Browns took Richardson at 4 and then got Osweiler some time later, I would feel optimistic for them. They could give McCoy another year and Osweiler could sit and learn. Richardson adds a potential elite NFL RB to a franchise that needs something to generate excitement and positive momentum.
Even then they are still lacking talent at the WR position by quite a bit...
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot fault the Browns for taking Braylon Edwards and Joe Thomas, those were two top five picks that made sense at time and for the future. The Sanchez trade had on Cloud 9 until I realized that they did not get a future first but instead got a bunch of backups that Mangini thought would work out.

This year they cannot afford to lose out on Claiborne, Richardson, Kalil or Blackmon (and obviously Griffin or Luck, but that's not going to happen). They need the overall talent of these guys. Here is the case on all four of these players.

Claiborne - Would provide an amazing cover corner. He and Haden would compliment each other well. Haden plays like a ball hawk and Claiborne (eventually) would erase the top receiver.

Richardson - He would give the Browns a Pro Bowl caliber, bowling ball of a Running Back. Hardesty and Richardson would provide a physical running brand to help the Browns out in November and December.

Kalil - A Blue Chip Offensive Tackle that would be awesome opposite of Thomas. I admit this is awfully high to draft a person who would basically be a RT, but you cannot pass up talent like this, especially to pair with Thomas and Mack.

Blackmon - While I am not very high on Blackmon as a true gamebreaker, I do believe his skillset fits into the offense very well. Would be great on screens, slants, and jump balls. He and Little would provide a very physical brand of WR play.

These four players pair very well with what the Browns currently have on the roster, and they all fill holes.

We all know that the Browns will somehow screw this up. It has happened way too often. They will probably trade down to accumulate picks and then pick up Tannehill. This is why it sucks being a Browns fan, they always try to outsmart the draft and Free Agency like the great teams do (Packers, Eagles, Steelers and Patriots), but those teams have Elite Talent.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote