Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official G-Men 2012 NFL Draft Thread

I guess it's about that time to start this up.

For me, I'm all about the linebackers or should I say potential linebacker class of this draft. We have some pretty interesting linebacker prospects to check out.

Vontaze Burfict
Luke Kuechly
Manti Teo
Travis Lewis

I think Manti Teo is my favorite inside backer as of right now. The guy is sound in his technique, instinctual, can wrap up, smart, strong and fast, can cover and stop the run, all around solid guy.

Kuechly is a tackling machine. Another solid guy. A lot like Manti.

Vontaze has a ton of potential, but I hate how wild he is. Reminds me of Rey Maluaga a lot, who I liked btw. I think he might slip like Rey did. He needs to learn to wrap up and reign in his freelancing.

Travis Lewis is a great WILL. If we go OLB, he might be the guy.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess it's about that time to start this up.

For me, I'm all about the linebackers or should I say potential linebacker class of this draft. We have some pretty interesting linebacker prospects to check out.

Vontaze Burfict
Luke Kuechly
Manti Teo
Travis Lewis

I think Manti Teo is my favorite inside backer as of right now. The guy is sound in his technique, instinctual, can wrap up, smart, strong and fast, can cover and stop the run, all around solid guy.

Kuechly is a tackling machine. Another solid guy. A lot like Manti.

Vontaze has a ton of potential, but I hate how wild he is. Reminds me of Rey Maluaga a lot, who I liked btw. I think he might slip like Rey did. He needs to learn to wrap up and reign in his freelancing.

Travis Lewis is a great WILL. If we go OLB, he might be the guy.
Boooooooooooooooo! Man it's boring now without football!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can talk about your mid round developmental olinemen prospects if you like ;)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Luke Kuechly <3. The kid is a tackling machine like you said and is always in the right spot at the right time. Plus, he goes to BC so that increases his chances of coming here.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm excited for this year's upcoming draft. I really hope all these linebackers declare, bc this could be a sick LB class which is just what the doctor ordered.

I want Manti Teo as of right now, but theres a group of LBs who if they all come out, could fit the bill. I really hope they all declare.

If we go Center, I'd LOVE Konz from Wisconsin. That dude is an absolute beast. He's got Nick Mangold potential. Flat out stud.

But I still much rather have one of the premier linebackers if one of them is available. Konz would be a great fallback option though.

For me it's either best available LB or Konz if the draft were tomorrow. Of course, a ton will change come April, but that's basically what I'm eying heading into the college football season.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sure we will draft a LB in the opening round, not going to happen I think.

I do think there could be some excellent LB options in the second round such as Zach Brown, Nico Johnson, Nigel Bradham or Courtney Upshaw. Kenny Tate is also playing OLB and could be a decent option at WLB.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a first round LB. There are three top shelf lbs next year, of the three I could see Luke Kuechly being available and he would be an ideal fit here.

I have to think DE will be on the radar in the first couple of rounds. If Kiwanuka is back this year, it is likely a one year deal at best. Osi is also off contract after the 2012 season and is going to want his big payday, at 31 that may be tough for the Giants to justify particularly if JPP comes on as expected.

I could easily see a first round DE in next year's draft.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 06-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take another DE in the 1st next year I will murder someone

Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might need another DE with Osi and Kiwi possibly gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We might, but I'm not sure we should spend a first on it if Tuck has a healthy season and JPP blows up like he can, which is probably what it would take for both Osi and Kiwi to be let go, that or Sintim moving to DE because of injuries and dominating which I don't think is likely.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't rule out DE, although I think we will retain either Osi or Kiwi long term. I honestly don't really know which one we wind up keeping.

Kiwi has packed on weight for 2 years in a row now (supposedly he's even bigger now at Eli's camp), and he was beasting it before he got hurt last year. If he can stay healthy and get even better...it's going to be a tough call.

It should be a good draft for our needs this coming year. At least how our needs are shaping up as of right now. Of course that will change.

I really want a linebacker though. It's the missing link on our team. If we stay healthy, and our young guys develop, we are a playmaking linebacker away from being a complete team.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't rule out DE, although I think we will retain either Osi or Kiwi long term. I honestly don't really know which one we wind up keeping.

Kiwi has packed on weight for 2 years in a row now (supposedly he's even bigger now at Eli's camp), and he was beasting it before he got hurt last year. If he can stay healthy and get even better...it's going to be a tough call.

It should be a good draft for our needs this coming year. At least how our needs are shaping up as of right now. Of course that will change.

I really want a linebacker though. It's the missing link on our team. If we stay healthy, and our young guys develop, we are a playmaking linebacker away from being a complete team.
I dunno, if Joseph becomes the ogre he looks like he's becoming I think we'll be able to keep Boley fresh for a whole season, and when he was fresh at the start of last season the dude was an animal. I would love another stud LB, but if the DL can hold up better than it did last year we do already have the talent at LB to win it all.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno, if Joseph becomes the ogre he looks like he's becoming I think we'll be able to keep Boley fresh for a whole season, and when he was fresh at the start of last season the dude was an animal. I would love another stud LB, but if the DL can hold up better than it did last year we do already have the talent at LB to win it all.
We still need a MIKE who can cover the deep middle. Until we get that MIKE, slot skinny post will always be open on us, the way it has been for the past 2 years.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I love Kiwi, but that neck injury really scares me. After this year I'll be able to make a better judgement on who to lock up long-term. However, if I was forced to choose one right now I'd go with Osi he is the safer bet with better production as of right now.

I really hope Kiwi proves me wrong and lives up to his potential.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be nice if everyone stayed relatively healthy this year. I have a feeling it's going to be a shortened season as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Agreed, but if we go DE round 1 without Tuck or JPP getting seriously injured it would make no sense.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think for us to take a DE, a Robert Quinn'esque type of DE would have to be on the board.

Honestly guys, if Quinn was there at 19 I would have been tempted if I were the Giants.

I think though, with us securing our DE future with JPP last year and our CB future with Prince this year, we probably finally address our concerns at LB and possibly C if this crop of talent does indeed come out.

We didn't get those positions before bc the talent just didn't match up with the position we drafted. But I think this year, the stars should align for us.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Besides, I don't care how many CBs and DEs we have, until we get a LB who can chase Vick, we're going to struggle defending the Eagles.

And right now, they've pretty much been the reason why we haven't made the playoffs for the past 2 years.

Can't win the division if we can't beat Philly. And we haven't beat Philly since 08.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our sloppiness against the Eagles killed us last year. We could use a LB but we should have beat the Eagles both times last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Our sloppiness against the Eagles killed us last year. We could use a LB but we should have beat the Eagles both times last year.
Yes and no.

Once Vick stopped being a pocket qb in the 4th quarter in the 2nd game and started playing backyard football, he realized he could just run into open space and beat our LBs to the sideline so he just started "Vicking" us to death.

That's the problem we have. Yes, we have CBs who can match up vs their WRs. Yes, we have a coverage LB who can cover their TE, as well as safeties who can do the same. Yes, we have versatile guys who can blitz from different angles and we can use multiple fronts for pressure and coverages.

But, one thing we don't have is 2 LBs who can spy a qb and cover the deep middle. So 2 things will remain the same:

1. We can't cover the deep post in the middle of the field
2. We can't chase Vick when a play breaks down

The only chance we have is if we hope our blitz gets to Vick all game. But you roll the dice with that gameplan.

Look at the Bears, they shut Vick down with a 4 man rush. How did they do it? They had 2 LBs in Briggs and Urlacher who absolutely patrol the middle of the field, and locked him up any time he tried to run.

That's what we're missing, and that's what we need. Can we beat them without that? Yes. But it's just going to be much harder.

That's why we need it, it's the one missing link to our defense.

Aaron Rodgers did the same thing to us later in the year. He just bought time and exposed our LBs.

The middle of the field is there for the taking against us. Has been for 2 years now, and it's bc we lack quality LBs.

Can we win without that? Yeah we can, it's just going to be more difficult.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, we really need a pair of quality LBs. Though you could equally make a case that we need to upgrade all three spots.

I am a big fan of Luke Kuechly, I think he could play either Mike or Sam for us.

As far as the draft goes, we won't know our likely needs. I am still somewhat hopeful we will add a decent LB this year in free agency.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

We almost always go Defense round 1, if we don't go LB I would be shocked, it is our biggest defensive need and has been for years and it's time we realize that and draft a real 4-3 LB. I wish we needed a WR this year though because the WR class is just as stacked as the LB class. A lot of good Safeties as well and if KP doesn't fully recover we could go S in the top 2 rounds(2 very good Miami safeties).

Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's way to early to have any clue at what position we might go. Who knows what is actually going to transpire during the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-16-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just read this stuff about Osi and it looks like he's as good as gone so DE is still going to be a need possibly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6667679

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-17-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just read this stuff about Osi and it looks like he's as good as gone so DE is still going to be a need possibly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6667679
well now we won't be getting a 2nd, maybe not even a 3rd.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

So resign Kiwi for a year and trade Osi or Re-structure Osi's contract?

Also, I think this will be Jacobs last year in NY unless he can return to the Jacobs of 2-3 years ago that we all miss, which I don't see happening. With that said I hope we take a RB next year in the top 3 rounds.