Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Good. Everyone needs to join me on the "Kendall Wright is not that good" bandwagon.
I've been riding it for a while. Check the NFL Comparisons thread, where I called him Golden Tate 2.0...I feel more confident about that now more then ever after hearing that body fat %...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I've been riding it for a while. Check the NFL Comparisons thread, where I called him Golden Tate 2.0...I feel more confident about that now more then ever after hearing that body fat %...
Pretty spot on. Wright separates a bit better and Tate tracks the ball better, but I think they're about the same caliber of prospect.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'm reluctantly climbing aboard as well. He was amazing to watch at times last season, but his offseason wasn't good at all (in fact, it was terrible) and you start to begin questioning the offense, and how much Robert Griffin had to do with his success - if he'd have been able to carry an offense on his own, which he certainly did not do at Baylor. And I also remember that I really liked Golden Tate a couple of years ago for a lot of the same reasons, except Golden Tate made more spectacular catches, was way better with the ball in his hands and actually ran the 4.4 he was supposed to at the combine. I still have some hope for Golden Tate, but I do think Kendall Wright is a very similar prospect, and if I'm being honest I probably thought more of Golden Tate coming out in just about every category, if not all. I still like Kendall Wright, but he's definitely not a blue chip prospect to me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's the easiest thing to look at, and with almost anyone else I would tend to discard it, but his 40 time at the combine was the catalyst for my sea change regarding Kendall Wright's stock. I mean, he ran 0.3 slower than I expected him to; I thought he'd be breaking 4.4 no problem based on how he flew down the field in college. But those 40's were bad for a small guy whose game is built around his ability to get behind the defense. Are Big 12 defenses just that slow? Are the camera angles making the holes look smaller than they are? I don't know. I seriously expected Kendall Wright to show up and kill the 40, and thought that was all he had to do at the combine. But in his one event, he shows up at the very bottom of the pack. There's just not a lot else to hold his stock up. Then his other workout numbers are similarly poor, and it's just hard to look past. His huge production gets him drafted before the 4th round, but it's just too hard to draft a small, slow receiver with a premium pick.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Wright's 40 time a result of poor technique? I think his stance was off or he made some small hand movement that started the clock early, something like that. I think he's still fast, its the low reps and bodyfat that scare me.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he plays like a 4.4 guy and ran multiple 4.4s at his pro day i think you can throw the combine numbers out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
he plays like a 4.4 guy and ran multiple 4.4s at his pro day i think you can throw the combine numbers out
They're not everything, but you can't "throw them out" because of a preconception. The body fat and bench reps are off-putting as well. When's the last time such a small, mediocre athlete had NFL success? We like to talk about the 40 not being important because "Jerry Rice..." and "Emmitt Smith..." but Rice was 6'2" 200 in an era of somewhat smaller players and Emmitt Smith was a little bowling ball. It's a matter of looking at what he has to offer - I can't take his college production and apply it to the NFL game by proxy. It's not even that I don't think he can't run a legitimate 4.4, it's the fact that everyone and their grandmother knew he was supposed to run fast at the combine, and he didn't. Was he not training? Had he not timed himself before then? That seems unlikely. And he might have been better off not benching at all if he's only going to put up 4 reps. His agility test scores are low, his jumps weren't anything special. He might be the least physically impressive high-profile wide receiver we've seen in the last few years. So in all honesty, if you're drafting for your team, would you take him before the third round? For me, I say "No." Great college player, but I did such a massive double-take at his measurables that it made me re-evaluate some of what I'd seen from him. Production isn't everything; Golden Tate was just as huge his last year, posting 93 catches for just a hair under 1500 receiving yards and 15 TDs, and was used in several roles on his way to winning the Biletnikoff. And Golden Tate was also playing with a future NFL QB. We've seen prospects with big production fail to produce in the NFL before, and with Wright's physical tools being as meagre as they are, I just don't want to spend a high pick on him. The 40's not everything, but the people who know that know just as well that Pro Day times are nearly always significantly higher than combine times. So I just don't put a lot of stock in those improvements. The "Kendall Wright had poor technique at the combine, but learned to run fast before his pro day," argument just doesn't really compel me. I find it somewhat absurd to think he didn't know he had poor technique and slow times before the combine, and if he really didn't know, and just expected to show up and "be fast," that in conjunction with his other poor drill times and lift numbers says something else about him entirely - that he's got no idea what athletic training is for.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mayock says Oliver Vernon (DE, Miami) is skyrocketing up boards. Could be a 2nd-3rd round selection.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
So, if the Rams do in fact go after Fletcher Cox, who grabs up Blackmon? I guess the real question is, who's gonna slide? Blackmon or Tannehill?

I know I'll be stoned for saying this, but I really don't think it's absurd for the Jags to take Hill with the 7th overall pick. I think he's got the legitimate NFL talent to be a 1st WR in that offense.
but why reach at the no.7? especially with Michael Floyd and possibly Blackmon still on the board. why not just trade down with someone, like the Jets? theyre in love with Melvin Ingram, and it would only cost their 2nd rd pick to get it done. Jaguars could take Hill at no.16, then add help to their OL and DL with their two 2nd rd picks.
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft Scoop - There have been plenty of rumors lately regarding the Philadelphia Eagles interest in trading up for either Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill or Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox, however the prospect the Eagles are really targeting is Memphis DT Dontari Poe according to a trusted league source. - Al Fronczak
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
KLima878
Rookie

KLima878 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why is during the season eveyone loves Wright but then combine/pro day people hate on him for his timed 40 or body fat or whatever? All I care about is how he plays on game day. Now I dont know how Wright is since I didnt really pay attention but it just seems to me people start to hop on some short comings of a player after the season and seem to forget how they play with pads on.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Draft Scoop - There have been plenty of rumors lately regarding the Philadelphia Eagles interest in trading up for either Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill or Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox, however the prospect the Eagles are really targeting is Memphis DT Dontari Poe according to a trusted league source. - Al Fronczak
This doesn't surprise me at all. When Poe was in for a visit, Washburn tried to pass him off as Cox, which makes me think the Eagles are trying to keep their interest in him as quiet as possible. I've been behind this for a while, and I really do think he is the top guy on their boards right now. Its weird, I usually don't get a good feel on what the Eagles plan to do in the draft, but the Eagles need a space eating NT and Poe is just that. I have been trying to tell my fellow Eagles fans this, but no one listens, lol. They all see Cox and say he's the better DT (and I do agree, though the more I see of each, I realize how much I like them both), however, Cox isn't an NT, and I've been thinking that's what the Eagles have been looking for, at least that's what I've been thinking. Other people have been saying Brockers, but he doesn't have the anchor to be a NT, and we don't need another UT type. I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up to 7 or 8, even, I just hope they don't give up too much.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Rotoworld blurb says Poe's stock is plummeting after scouts went back and watched his tape. Their mock guy didn't even put him in the first round.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A Rotoworld blurb says Poe's stock is plummeting after scouts went back and watched his tape. Their mock guy didn't even put him in the first round.
So after, months and months of film study, a week or so before the draft, 'the scouts' are going back and watching tape now and have all of a sudden drastically changed their opinions? Boards are basically set by now anyways. Could he fall? Sure. But this seems like a typical week-before-the-draft rumor that comes from a team trying to manipulate the board.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh do let him fall all the way to 24
Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So after, months and months of film study, a week or so before the draft, 'the scouts' are going back and watching tape now and have all of a sudden drastically changed their opinions? Boards are basically set by now anyways. Could he fall? Sure. But this seems like a typical week-before-the-draft rumor that comes from a team trying to manipulate the board.
Shhhhh, just think...

Poe - Cody - Ngata
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jaguars like Stephon Gilmore “a ton”

SI.com’s Peter King released his mock draft on Friday afternoon, and included in it are a number of draft-related nuggets. In King’s prediction of the Jaguars’ pick at No. 7, he states that Jacksonville “likes” South Carolina cornerback Stephon Gilmorea ton,” while also noting that corner is a position of need for the Jags.

Gilmore’s draft stock seems to be on fire of late. ESPN’s Todd McShay mentioned on Friday’s edition of SportsCenter that Gilmore is entering next week’s draft with significant “momentum,” seemingly clearly bypassing Alabama’s Dre Kirkpatrick as the second-rated corner in this year’s class.

Gilmore is a long, lean cornerback prospect with pretty good ball skills and a prototypical build. The Jaguars are hoping to trade out of the seventh pick, but Gilmore is a name to keep in mind if they don’t find a trade partner.
(10 charssss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well his stock is really just public perception; I don't know that it was necessarily where we thought it was. I think the combine challenged some opinions on the guy and forced scouts to go back and take a closer look, and they came away without changing their previous opinions.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shhhhh, just think...

Poe - Cody - Ngata
That's what, > a half ton among the 3 of them?
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny that Poe is sometimes treated like he came out of nowhere. He's been on watch lists for 3 years now easy...His school has also done a ton to promote him as he was one of the first 2012 draft guys to have interviews and workout videos thrown up.

Personally Poe >>> Brockers.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well his stock is really just public perception; I don't know that it was necessarily where we thought it was. I think the combine challenged some opinions on the guy and forced scouts to go back and take a closer look, and they came away without changing their previous opinions.
Everyone's stock in this draft sans Luck and Griffin is really just public perception. We don't really know where guys stand until they're drafted and even then, it's not always the most accurate indicator given the dependency between rankings from one team to another. The idea of players' stock is constantly rising and falling is mainly just a function of fan/pundit speculation far more than it is about tangible information on teams changing their opinions.

Like I said, Poe may very well be drafted later than he is currently expected by the public (though he happen to visit the team with the 6th, 9th, 11th, 15th and 24th pick), but I'm always skeptical of reports that come out around this time that say 'we're hearing so and so is falling/rising' because I doubt the league-wide consensus on players is changing this close to the draft.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Yea I am certain the Eagles will go with Poe with the 15th pick. Then look for an QB in round 3 or 4. I am thinking Cousins or Wilson.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Mike Mayock says Oliver Vernon (DE, Miami) is skyrocketing up boards. Could be a 2nd-3rd round selection.
Vernon has a lot of power to his game. He has a lot to work on, but had he not messed up big time off the field I could see his stock being a lot higher. You're going to have a hard time finding more physically talented guys around where he is going to go.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone's stock in this draft sans Luck and Griffin is really just public perception. We don't really know where guys stand until they're drafted and even then, it's not always the most accurate indicator given the dependency between rankings from one team to another. The idea of players' stock is constantly rising and falling is mainly just a function of fan/pundit speculation far more than it is about tangible information on teams changing their opinions.

Like I said, Poe may very well be drafted later than he is currently expected by the public (though he happen to visit the team with the 6th, 9th, 11th, 15th and 24th pick), but I'm always skeptical of reports that come out around this time that say 'we're hearing so and so is falling/rising' because I doubt the league-wide consensus on players is changing this close to the draft.
I came on here to say exactly this. I cant really add much to it, but i will say, teams have watched Poe's tape already and for all we know, no one could have him in their top 20. We would see it as Poe falling after teams watched his tape again, but the teams would of never had him high in the first place.

We just dont know where teams have him ranked.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote