Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I think it's funny that Poe is sometimes treated like he came out of nowhere. He's been on watch lists for 3 years now easy...His school has also done a ton to promote him as he was one of the first 2012 draft guys to have interviews and workout videos thrown up.

Personally Poe >>> Brockers.

Yeah because everyone knows that C-USA is better than the SEC.

Poe is a bad football player, emphasized by how little impact he had on the field despite having all-world measurables in one of the least competitive conferences in the country.

Some team is going to draft him in the first round thinking they can 'mold' him and he'll be another in a long line of DT busts in the NFL,(Gerald Warren/Travis Johnson/Dewayne Robertson/Russell Davis/Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Wendell Bryant/Jimmy Kennedy/Shaun Cody/John McCargo/Alan Branch).

No position busts harder in the first two rounds than DT.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get all the Kendall Wright hate. I watched every single Baylor game this year, and some last year. He is electric, he's a smaller guy, but he plays angry and seemed to always come up big when they needed a big play. I never saw him drop more than a couple passes all year, if any. When I first saw him play, Steve Smith (Car) came to mind as a comparison, because of that hard-running, angry demeanor he plays with. He runs hard, he's not a glider like a Ted Ginn. There's no way he's not a very productive player in the NFL, if not a pro bowler.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question needs to be asked, is he a product of Robert Griffin? I'll guess we'll find out in the next few years.

I like him, but i dont love him. I'd be happy enough taking him in the 15-20 area.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twitter Conversation

The Sideline View:If you have Bruce Irvin going outside of the first two rounds, you should change it.

Ty Dunne (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel): Speed kills. How high ya say?

The Sideline View: Just went to Houston at 26 in mock we are doing and he was taken by someone who works in the league

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poe is a bad football player, emphasized by how little impact he had on the field despite having all-world measurables in one of the least competitive conferences in the country.
What would constitute big impact? If you're expecting Suh like stats you're looking at the wrong player/doing it wrong.

Poe ends up on any of the big name Ds he'll be a steal.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-20-2012 at 05:29 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Vernon has a lot of power to his game. He has a lot to work on, but had he not messed up big time off the field I could see his stock being a lot higher. You're going to have a hard time finding more physically talented guys around where he is going to go.
he only took a few meals and smaller things. I think it was less then 1,000 dollars worth? The year before he started to come into his own but this year was rough due to that. Still, I think he could be a nice player for a 4-3 3-4 team looking for a pass rusher (including miami ironically). Still like him for a development guy in the 3rd or 4th.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
What would constitute big impact? If you're expecting Suh like stats you're looking at the wrong player/doing it wrong.

Poe ends up on any of the big name Ds he'll be a steal.
Maybe, but you're spinning if you believe Poe was a good college football player.

It's telling that a guy with his measurables is being projected at the 0 tech.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe is one of the boom/bust players, but unlike guys like JPP Poe doesn't show up in games... When will teams learn
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLima878 View Post
Why is during the season eveyone loves Wright but then combine/pro day people hate on him for his timed 40 or body fat or whatever?
Because during the season he was playing college ball, and he was awesome. And then when he was put side-by-side with other NFL prospects, he wasn't up to physical par. Obviously that doesn't mean he can't play, but the question of "why?" has a pretty simple answer.

Quote:
All I care about is how he plays on game day.
The NFL is played differently than college. The kid who was dynamite in Pop Warner might never make varsity in high school. They're different levels of play.

Quote:
Now I dont know how Wright is since I didnt really pay attention...
Quote:
...but it just seems to me people start to hop on some short comings of a player after the season and seem to forget how they play with pads on.
When you're talking about a first round pick, you want a guy who's going to make a real impact on your team - not just a guy who's good enough to play in the league. I don't think he's incapable of starting, I don't think he's going to suck. But if you're spending a first round pick on a wide receiver, I just feel like you've got to have a reason you can hang your hat on. I want so-and-so because _____ . Speed is Kendall Wright's MO, and when he didn't appear to have it at the combine, it raised eyebrows. I'm not trying to argue that he'd be some massive mistake in the first round, I just don't think he's Steve Smith or Mike Wallace. (Who were both third-round picks themselves.) Physically, I think he's closer to Welker, and Welker is in a pretty skill-specific offense. I just don't know if you can draft Kendall Wright, split him out wide and expect to get no. 1 receiver-type production. He's fine to me in the second or third because of his resume, but if he gets taken in the first I hope it's a team that can afford a bit of a luxury pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I don't get all the Kendall Wright hate. I watched every single Baylor game this year, and some last year. He is electric, he's a smaller guy, but he plays angry and seemed to always come up big when they needed a big play. I never saw him drop more than a couple passes all year, if any. When I first saw him play, Steve Smith (Car) came to mind as a comparison, because of that hard-running, angry demeanor he plays with. He runs hard, he's not a glider like a Ted Ginn. There's no way he's not a very productive player in the NFL, if not a pro bowler.
I basically agree with you all the way up to the last sentence. I can easily see Wright being a productive starter, but more of the 50 catch, 700 yard variety. There's nothing wrong with that, and it's well worth a second or third round pick. I just think the exposure Baylor got this year with all their pretty stats has made some people fall in love with a highlight reel, and they're overlooking some things. Happened with Michael Crabtree, happened with Golden Tate to an extent (He "slipped" a bit, hasn't taken a starting role). They're not bad NFL players by any means; Crabtree is a solid receiver, and Tate's continuing to develop into a role. But just because someone dominated in college doesn't mean they'll be a great NFL player, and it doesn't just happen to the obvious screw-ups.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Shhhhh, just think...

Poe - Cody - Ngata
Who gets the last pork chop?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Wright may not be a true #1, but I still think as a slot WR he's worth taking no later than the 2nd.

He's very similar to Titus Young and can be a weapon as a part of a good WR corps, but I don't know if he's special enough to be the guy at his size like Mike Wallace/Steve Smith.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Wright may not be a true #1, but I still think as a slot WR he's worth taking no later than the 2nd.

He's very similar to Titus Young and can be a weapon as a part of a good WR corps, but I don't know if he's special enough to be the guy at his size like Mike Wallace/Steve Smith.
Sure. You could say this is my issue with it. I don't see him as a "true no. 1," therefore I wouldn't take him with a first round pick, because if I'm looking for a no. 2, there's going to be receivers who can give me that kind of production in the upcoming rounds. Hence my remark about a team with a luxury pick. If you're a solid team just looking for a couple more pieces (like the 49ers or some other teams at the back of the first), I don't consider it a terrible pick. But if Jacksonville or someone picked him thinking "Steve Smith 2.0..."

Yeesh. That wouldn't be good.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does every WR taken in the first round need to be a true #1? Is it okay to get a Jeremy Maclin caliber player in the first?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe, but you're spinning if you believe Poe was a good college football player.

It's telling that a guy with his measurables is being projected at the 0 tech.
Not really...Ngata was projected as a NT as well...that's going to happen when you're basically 6'5" 350.....Both can play anywhere on the 3 man DL. As far as a 4-3 I'm a bigger is better guy anyway so...yeah.

I think he was the good football player on a terrible defense. He needs to go to a team where he's a piece of the puzzle rather than THE GUY because he needs coaching, but if he works out then they've got the biggest most athletic DT to come out since Ngata.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Does every WR taken in the first round need to be a true #1? Is it okay to get a Jeremy Maclin caliber player in the first?
On a team with Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek, LeSean McCoy... yes. He was known as a do-it-all at Mizzou, and that's what the Eagles brought him in for. He's also bigger and faster. Again - my whole deal is that some people are pretty adamant that he's another Steve Smith, Mike Wallace-type. Hell, I made some of those comparisons myself. I'm said before, it's not just the fact that he ran slow at the combine, but it was so far off from what I expected that even considering potential margin of error, I had to go back and look at the tape. And the Golden Tate comparison is strikingly relevant.

You want to talk about deep ball skills? Good hands? Ability to get behind the defense? Runs hard after the catch? Huge production? It just doesn't always add up to NFL success, and all things considered I just don't feel confident calling Kendall Wright a first-round player the way I would of Michael Floyd or Blackmon. I feel like he doesn't have the upside of Hill, Jefrey or Randle. I have the feeling he was peaking last year at Baylor - that that Baylor team was perfectly suited to produce a big receiver, and Wright is talented enough to turn that into a big season. I mean, he doesn't return kicks, he's not really a "wildcat" guy or anything. I just look at what he has to offer, and he's basically a deep threat. You can conjecture about turning him into a slot receiver, but that's not really what he was in college, and it doesn't fit in very well with the "watch the tape" arguments.

In short: I'm skeptical that he can be the kind of player he was in college. Moreso, I suppose, than with other prospects. I also might not value the receiver position quite as highly as some. With the exception of physical freaks like Calvin Johnson, Fitz, Floyd, Julio Jones and others like them, I'm content to build a receiver corps of 2nd and 3rd round picks, and make a move for a dominant player if the opportunity presents itself. Just not really my style to take a guy in the first if I think he's going to "be a good slot receiver." If that's the difference between myself and others on here, we'll just have to agree to disagree on his value. It means in the fantasy GM world, you know you don't have to trade ahead of me if you want Wright.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Co-sign to the max. I'd love him to still be there in the third round so the Saints could snatch him up.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah because everyone knows that C-USA is better than the SEC.

Some team is going to draft him in the first round thinking they can 'mold' him and he'll be another in a long line of DT busts in the NFL,(Gerald Warren/Travis Johnson/Dewayne Robertson/Russell Davis/Damione Lewis/Ryan Pickett/Wendell Bryant/Jimmy Kennedy/Shaun Cody/John McCargo/Alan Branch).

No position busts harder in the first two rounds than DT.
No one thinks that CUSA is anywhere near the SEC, but for as unimpressive as Poe is on tape, Brockers' tape is even more unimpressive. Poe is not a very good football player right now, but he is an extremely rare athlete with tons of upside. Brockers is a two-down run-stuffer and he has shown nothing (to me at least) that indicates he will be more than that down the line. When you watch Poe, he flashes dominance once every ten or so snaps. You don't see the same flashes when watching Brockers.

Brockers is easily the most overrated prospect in the entire draft. He may be the most overrated player in any draft since Troy Williamson back in '05.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

It's not close to me that Brockers is more impressive than Poe on film.
How can you watch what any prospect does in C-USA and be impressed, honestly??

At least Brockers has shown the ability to penetrate and beat double teams in the SEC, pursue to the ball and smother ballcarriers. Poe can't even do that in C-USA.
THis is a highlight tape and probably every important play Brockers made last season, but compared to Poe, Brockers looks like Ndamukong Suh.

Against UGA, there's no question that on film Brockers is the better pro prospect.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 04-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think both Poe and Brockers are grossly overrated.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I think both Poe and Brockers are grossly overrated.
Brockers can play however. He has instincts for the position. He doesn't stand up at the snap. He doesn't stop 5 feet away from the QB in the backfield and assume he's not going to get there in time and instead start pursuing the dumpoff to the RB that never comes. Brockers doesn't allow himself to be blocked and stood up by inferior Olineman. Brockers plays with effort and intensity on most plays. He pursues when the play goes away from him.

Watch, Poe is going to bust....HARD.

It's never good to watch a DT prospect and think the guy plays 'soft'.

Cox/Brockers should be the first two DTs off the board IMO. Poe shouldn't even be in the discussion anywhere in the top 20, let alone the first round.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Poe drops to the 2nd round. At least that's what I think should happen.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Draft Scoop - There have been plenty of rumors lately regarding the Philadelphia Eagles interest in trading up for either Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill or Mississippi State DT Fletcher Cox, however the prospect the Eagles are really targeting is Memphis DT Dontari Poe according to a trusted league source. - Al Fronczak
Do you have a link to this?
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brockers can play however. He has instincts for the position. He doesn't stand up at the snap. He doesn't stop 5 feet away from the QB in the backfield and assume he's not going to get there in time and instead start pursuing the dumpoff to the RB that never comes. Brockers doesn't allow himself to be blocked and stood up by inferior Olineman. Brockers plays with effort and intensity on most plays. He pursues when the play goes away from him.

Watch, Poe is going to bust....HARD.

It's never good to watch a DT prospect and think the guy plays 'soft'.

Cox/Brockers should be the first two DTs off the board IMO. Poe shouldn't even be in the discussion anywhere in the top 20, let alone the first round.
Agree. Poe is a fat slob. If he gave a crap about anything he'd be a TE, DE, or RB. A man that fat that is that quick is a freak of nature athlete that should be much much lighter.

He played like a bored marshmallow in college. That will not change in the NFL.

Also, Brockers isn't bad, he's good. But I don't think he is first round worthy.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-value-board-2

Anyone see that? it's an interesting value board.

Taylor Thompson 3rd rounder a head of Michael Egnew and Ladarius Green.

AJ Jenkins as a mid-2nd rounder (what i've been saying for a few months now) and higher rated than Alshon Jeffery and Kendall Wright, who they surprisingly have rated as a 3rd round guy.

Jonathan Martin as a low 2nd rounder, Mike Adams as a mid 3rd.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-value-board-2

Anyone see that? it's an interesting value board.

Taylor Thompson 3rd rounder a head of Michael Egnew and Ladarius Green.

AJ Jenkins as a mid-2nd rounder (what i've been saying for a few months now) and higher rated than Alshon Jeffery and Kendall Wright, who they surprisingly have rated as a 3rd round guy.

Jonathan Martin as a low 2nd rounder, Mike Adams as a mid 3rd.
Greg Childs late in round 6? That is a bold call.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote