Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I think you called it. #1 and #3 this year, #1 next year.
That's not nearly enough. They would have to give up player(s) or more draft picks.

Jets really like putting all their eggs in one basket (albeit a pretty good basket.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
That's not nearly enough. They would have to give up player(s) or more draft picks.

Jets really like putting all their eggs in one basket (albeit a pretty good basket.)
Yeah, that doesn't seem like enough to me, but I'm partially biased. If anything I think itd be a 2012 1st, 2nd, 2013 1st+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sal Palontonio reported that the Jets contacted Trent Richardson to make sure they had the correct contact info. That could mean anything.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think so too...whoever McShay has in his ear, Minnesota has to be loving that he's buying into the info and possibly creating some interest in teams to move up
Adam Schefter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Why would you ever trust McShay? They have a reliable source of information at ESPN and his name is Adam Schefter.
Who is also believing that there is a strong chance Minny passes on Kalil.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Yeah, that doesn't seem like enough to me, but I'm partially biased. If anything I think itd be a 2012 1st, 2nd, 2013 1st+?
If the value chart means anything, that plus a 2012 3rd almost gets them to the same value as the #3 pick. Odds are the Vikings would be willing to take a little less than exact value and who knows how much the chart gets used anyway now, but who knows how much less it'd take.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, was it the Browns the Jets moved up with to take Sanchez?
That deal was 17th pick, 2nd round pick + 3 players (Kenyon Coleman, Brett Ratliff and Abram Elam) for the Browns 5th pick.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking this yesterday!
In the middle of my philosophy class I thought to myself, "hmm, with the reports coming out that Steven Jackson wants a new contract and the Rams in rebuilding mode, why not trade Jackson and go after Richardson."

I proceeded to make a mock draft as follows:
  1. Colts - Luck
  2. 'Skins - RGIII
  3. Rams f/Vikings - Richardson
  4. Browns - Claiborne
  5. Bucs - Kalil
  6. Vikings - Floyd
  7. Jags - Blackmon
  8. Dolphins - Tannehill
  9. Panthers - Cox
  10. Bills - ?????????
How does that look? It's definitely different and with the reports that many teams view Blackmon and Floyd as near equal to each other, I can see the Vikings taking Floyd due to his Minnesota connection
The reports of Jackson wanting a new contract and/or seeking a trade are totally false. This was a complete fabrication from a guy named Mike Lombardi who was quoting the ubiquitous "unnamed sources".

Therefore, this whole snafu is an illusion of Platonic proportions and is epistemologically invalid to say the least!!
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really finding it funny how after the RGIII trade, everyone knew that Minnesota had to do whatever they could to drum up as much interest in the third pick as possible. They started doing so when talking up swapping picks with Cleveland for Tannehill, but once it was clear no other team would want to leapfrog Cleveland for him it got quiet - now they suddenly have all this interest in Claiborne if they stay at three because Kalil is "falling", and are acting like they have a bunch of teams on hold already trying to trade up for Richardson.

None of it is true and at the end of the day I think they stay put and pick Kalil. The only real chance I think they have at trading back is if Tampa really, really believes they're going to pick Claiborne [therefore leaving TB without both he and Richardson, who would go fourth] but I think they're good enough to see through that smokescreen.

The first real spot I can see a trade is at 6 for Fletcher Cox or with Jacksonville a pick later for Tannehill, or a player a specific team really likes. No player in this draft outside of Luck/RGIII is worth trading up into the top-5 for and I don't believe any team has even had serious thoughts about investing that much in a RB or CB.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 04-25-2012 at 12:35 PM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Packers are releasing Nick Collins. That's going to leave a hole for them at FS. George Iloka anyone?
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jets rumor is true that would be pretty crazy and really shake up the draft.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If the value chart means anything, that plus a 2012 3rd almost gets them to the same value as the #3 pick. Odds are the Vikings would be willing to take a little less than exact value and who knows how much the chart gets used anyway now, but who knows how much less it'd take.
I forgot where i saw it, but I read an article yesterday about how with the new rookie wage scale the chart is mostly obsolete. Ill look around for it but it brought up good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard on the radio today that Rodger Saffold has put on a few extra pounds. Not sure if it means anything or not.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson is a really good player but he is not gonna fix all there problems again where is there pass rush gonna come from. How is he gonna improve the Jets run game when it's all up to the front 5 opening up holes but I guess well see.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets are getting really old and they are losing the talent they had a couple years ago at key positions. They aren't what they once were at O-Line, they need OLBs, they need safeties, they need a runningback, they need receivers....they move up they can fill one of those needs but neglect their youth and depth by trading away quality picks in the process.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Jets are getting really old and they are losing the talent they had a couple years ago at key positions. They aren't what they once were at O-Line, they need OLBs, they need safeties, they need a runningback, they need receivers....they move up they can fill one of those needs but neglect their youth and depth by trading away quality picks in the process.
Agreed, it's a move that smacks of desperation. Would imagine when that blows up in their face there will be a change in who they keep in the front office.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Agreed, it's a move that smacks of desperation. Would imagine when that blows up in their face there will be a change in who they keep in the front office.
If the Jets don't win this year, there might be those front office changes anyway. You know how volatile the New York media is, and they were atrocious last year.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
If the Jets don't win this year, there might be those front office changes anyway. You know how volatile the New York media is, and they were atrocious last year.
Very true. This just kind of fits this FO's pattern, so as opposed to sitting tight and adding depth, so I think it would be worse.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets?! Crazy. Thats a long way to move down.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for fun - the jets Draft picks this year:

1-16 (16 )
2-15 (47 )
3-14 (77 )
5-19 (154 )
6-17 (187 ) -(from Philadelphia via Indianapolis )
6-32 (202 ) -(compensatory )
6-33 (203 ) -(compensatory )
7-25 (232 )
7-35 (242 ) -(compensatory )
7-37 (244 ) -(compensatory )

At least they wouldn't be able to trade the comp picks and might get some youth and depth.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

I think the Jets move up one way or the other. Whether it be to 3 or 4 for Richardson, or to 10 or 12 to have a chance at Mark Barron. They're moving up.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking this yesterday!
In the middle of my philosophy class I thought to myself, "hmm, with the reports coming out that Steven Jackson wants a new contract and the Rams in rebuilding mode, why not trade Jackson and go after Richardson."

I proceeded to make a mock draft as follows:
  1. Colts - Luck
  2. 'Skins - RGIII
  3. Rams f/Vikings - Richardson
  4. Browns - Claiborne
  5. Bucs - Kalil
  6. Vikings - Floyd
  7. Jags - Blackmon
  8. Dolphins - Tannehill
  9. Panthers - Cox
  10. Bills - ?????????
How does that look? It's definitely different and with the reports that many teams view Blackmon and Floyd as near equal to each other, I can see the Vikings taking Floyd due to his Minnesota connection
Works for me, pretty much assures the Seahawks would get DeCastro or Kuechly. Not sure Pete Carroll thinks like i do though.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its crazy that all the trade talk has gone from Tannehill to Richardson. Shows you how special Richardson is that teams are talking of trading up for an RB in todays NFL. Can't wait for tomorrow!
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Its crazy that all the trade talk has gone from Tannehill to Richardson. Shows you how special Richardson is that teams are talking of trading up for an RB in todays NFL. Can't wait for tomorrow!
And in the end it still might be Tannehill that someone moves up for. As of now GM's are just jacking fans and media all over the place.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
You can argue RB position value all day but Trent is the most talented player in this draft.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

I'm watching ESPN, and they just did an interview with both Luck and RGIII. Something about Luck just doesn't sit right with me. RGIII is as articulate and gracious a human being as you could ever find. Luck just seems...Lucky.