Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm thinking Green Bay might be that team. Seems like an ideal fit as far as what they like in their OLB's.
You're making me nervous. Wouldn't be happy with that pick. Lot of risk involved. Doesn't seem very Thompson-esque to take a guy with major character red-flags in the first round, but I don't know how the interviews went for him.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
You're making me nervous. Wouldn't be happy with that pick. Lot of risk involved. Doesn't seem very Thompson-esque to take a guy with major character red-flags in the first round, but I don't know how the interviews went for him.
I have to stick up for Irvin here. He's way beyond the community college kid with a troubled past. I wouldnt call damaging a sign a major character red flag.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I have to stick up for Irvin here. He's way beyond the community college kid with a troubled past. I wouldnt call damaging a sign a major character red flag.
Can't say I no much about him other than what I've watched. I would just be very hesitant to select a guy who doesn't look like an every down player.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not super high on Irvin just because I really question if he is an every down player, but the guy is a legit pass rusher and the league will always value that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't say I no much about him other than what I've watched. I would just be very hesitant to select a guy who doesn't look like an every down player.
I guess I might be being a little bit of a homer with him but hes the single most impressive prospect Ive seen live. He may not be an every down player but his ability to get to the QB is atleast parallel to everyone else's in this draft and this is something Ive been saying since the preseason. What Ive gotten out of these character concerns was a tough upbringing and Irvin managing to fight through the adversity of all of it. I heard he was lined up to visit the Pats and it wouldnt surprise me if BB fell in love with this kid. Hes humble and a hardworker. He got 14 sacks in limited time and managed 8.5 more when being keyed in on. Im a huge fan of Irvin but I dont think Im the only who sees potential oozing all over.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Trent is becoming mega overrated.
I love him loads but coming out I liked Peterson more.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope so.
but if the packers take Bruce Irvin round 1, how are the Titans going to select him round 2?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess I might be being a little bit of a homer with him but hes the single most impressive prospect Ive seen live. He may not be an every down player but his ability to get to the QB is atleast parallel to everyone else's in this draft and this is something Ive been saying since the preseason. What Ive gotten out of these character concerns was a tough upbringing and Irvin managing to fight through the adversity of all of it. I heard he was lined up to visit the Pats and it wouldnt surprise me if BB fell in love with this kid. Hes humble and a hardworker. He got 14 sacks in limited time and managed 8.5 more when being keyed in on. Im a huge fan of Irvin but I dont think Im the only who sees potential oozing all over.
Not saying you're wrong, but Irvin doesn't feel like a Ted Thompson pick to me.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/#!/ShawnZobel_DHQ

This guy is reporting that the Broncos have contacted the Jaguars about moving up. Apparently, they are targeting Gilmore.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post

This guy is reporting that the Broncos have contacted the Jaguars about moving up. Apparently, they are targeting Gilmore.
that'd be a very good move for them after releasing goodman
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Not saying you're wrong, but Irvin doesn't feel like a Ted Thompson pick to me.
Absolutely not as Thompson is more of a Shea McCellin guy I bet but Irvin wouldnt be the worst pick for us round one or two, because no one really knows his standing amongst scouts.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:

This guy is also very adament that the Vikings pick will not be Kalil or Claiborne. Grain of salt, taken.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This guy is also very adament that the Vikings pick will not be Kalil or Claiborne. Grain of salt, taken.
Also, it's Shawn Zobel. Swimming in a truckload of salt.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlinger View Post
Also, it's Shawn Zobel. Swimming in a truckload of salt.
Ive never heard of him until just 5 minutes ago but it took me all of 7 tweets to get an idea of who I was dealing with.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should just trade a first for Alphonso Smith, njx.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way can we move up to #7. Elway said they want 3-4 players who can make an impact this year. Going from #25 means we are selling the farm. At least a second this year, probably a future first. No way do we do that.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Buffalo now wants to move up for Kalil
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'd trade knowshon moreno for alphonso smith. and then i'd cut alphonso smith on his birthday.
I actually laughed so hard at this haha. Brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

giants are supposedly interested in Dre Kirkpatrick and... Andre Branch. ew. do not want branch. Kirkpatrick would be fun though.

Webster-TT-Prince-Kirkpatrick.

boom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Trent is becoming mega overrated.
Yep. Got people saying he's a 100% can't-miss guarantee to be an elite NFL back.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Sounds like Buffalo now wants to move up for Kalil
My dream right now is that he falls to #6, the Rams trade with Buffalo and then pick Michael Floyd. Would be so happy. Plus it would probably net a 3rd pick as well as getting arguably WR 1B.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

That would be very expensive. 25 to 7. That would cost them about the same as the Falcon deal with Cleveland last year.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would hurt less if the Broncos had a player to throw in the deal. Can only think of Moreno.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
It would hurt less if the Broncos had a player to throw in the deal. Can only think of Moreno.
He'd be third string in Jacksonville, assuming everyone's healthy. Probably not going to get them very far.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM    (permalink
eagles nut
Rookie

eagles nut hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I read a tweet or rumor from someone the other day other than Zobel that DEN was interested in trading up for Gilmore. So that info isn't exclusive to him.
eagles nut is offline   Reply With Quote