Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why do you assume that the Browns interest in Tannehill is not sincere?

Also, if Tannehill goes to the Browns before pick #8, I could see the Dolphins shocking everyone and taking Weeden at #8...
Totally agree. I think they have no fear of Taneyhill going in front of them because I think they like Weeden better. The interesting thing would be if they were both there... If that happens, I would not be shocked at a trade down to a team looking at DL and they can draft one of the QB's a little lower..
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Heyward went to Vandy therefore the Bears have interest
He's a zone CB so he should be suitable in Chicago's system but not till round 3.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
Bowman was an All-Pro last year. No one in the draft is better than him at this point.

Should have thrown in "as a prospect."
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He's a zone CB so he should be suitable in Chicago's system but not till round 3.
I think someone might pull the trigger on him before that but Chicago is definitely a great potential landing spot for him. I watched him pretty much single-handedly beat Ole Miss this year, he has some tools to work with and has amazing ball skills already.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think someone might pull the trigger on him before that but Chicago is definitely a great potential landing spot for him. I watched him pretty much single-handedly beat Ole Miss this year, he has some tools to work with and has amazing ball skills already.
I think he has the size and insticts to be a safety so none zone teams can also look at him near the end of 2
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janoris Jenkins was reportedly fired by his agent.

https://twitter.com/#!/BianchiWrites...11058509864960
Old 04-07-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I agree Holmgren did a little dance there to save some face but he's been consistant throughout his career in not going to crazy for QBs. He doesnt like taking guys that come out early and he wants to give Colt McCoy every chance to succeed.

Somehow i think i'd give Mike Holmgren the benefit of the doubt in football decisions compared to some our so called experts around here.
I agree with the comment of giving MH the benefit of the doubt, and giving him credit for not giving up too much like Snyder did in Washington. Three 1st rounders plus more thrown in was too much for RG3. Besides, put a couple of weapons around McCoy, along with upgrading RT and probably RG (Greco who is already on the team might be a better option than Lauvao), then next season we'll hear how much Colt has progressed. Richardson at #4, a WR (Wright or Hill if available) at #22, and OT Massie at #37 would give an instant boost to the offense. Biggest holes at that point would be on defense, at CB and OLB. A better cover safety than Ward would also help. ST's has to be better than last season as well.

Even though it's hard to see at this point, the Browns are definitely moving in the right direction and this draft will be huge for their rebuilding process. If something happens Shurmur gets fired this season, it sets up nicely for Holmgren to step in as HC. Better talent will be on the field than what was here when he became team president, and he has two experienced former HC's as OC and DC. Right now Shurmer appears to be in over his head though. I'm not calling for his job, I just think if the Browns have another poor season, it would give Holmgren the impetus to let him go, and step in as HC himself. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan all along. It's just a conspiracy theory at this point, but this bears watching! Would make alot of Browns fans very happy having MH as HC. Nothing against Shurmer, except the job appears too big for him at this point.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

that is so poorly worded. you can't fire a guy who is paying you, you can quit or drop a client.......but an agent can't fire a client, that just doesn't make sense. stupid world these days.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
that is so poorly worded. you can't fire a guy who is paying you, you can quit or drop a client.......but an agent can't fire a client, that just doesn't make sense. stupid world these days.
It's probably a little joke-y based on Jenkins being a crappy client. To out sleaze an agent to the point he's sick of you? That's bad. Plus, how much of nothing can the agent get from Jenkins? Does Jenkins have money right now?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

Russ Lande of The Sporting News said on Sirius radio this morning that Riley Reiff is really sliding and won't be a top 15 pick. He thinks that he'll be no better than the 4th offensive lineman selected with Kalil, Decastro and Cordy Glenn all going in front of him.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Punch View Post
Russ Lande of The Sporting News said on Sirius radio this morning that Riley Reiff is really sliding and won't be a top 15 pick. He thinks that he'll be no better than the 4th offensive lineman selected with Kalil, Decastro and Cordy Glenn all going in front of him.
Sounds alot like Bulaga. I am sure if Reiff does fall some team will be very happy to benefit from other teams mistakes.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe people will stop mocking Reiff to the Bills now! Scott finally gave us Floyd, even though i'm worried about him making it to #10, but I just don't think Reiff is a top 10 player, 18-23 seems right, like Bulaga.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can pretty much guarantee that he doesn't fall past 23. Heh, I'm a poet and I didn't realize it.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
Maybe people will stop mocking Reiff to the Bills now! Scott finally gave us Floyd, even though i'm worried about him making it to #10, but I just don't think Reiff is a top 10 player, 18-23 seems right, like Bulaga.
First of all, Floyd probably isn't making it to 10.

Secondly, the Bills have yet to meet with Floyd. Buddy Nix attends a lot of pro days and workouts, and Notre Dame wasn't one of them.

I'm pretty sure on who they're targeting at 10, and isn't Reiff or Floyd...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

^^ Hopefully it's someone who sucks.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I forget where I read it...that Nix likes Cordy Glenn, loves players from the South, SEC and ACC.

On a side note Cossel said Glenn has the feet to play LT in the NFL

let's not forget too that Fitzpatrick has one of the quickest releases in the league.

He could also be in play with Arizona as well
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

Sounds like something an agent who got fired would spread but who knows with Jenkins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Totally agree. I think they have no fear of Taneyhill going in front of them because I think they like Weeden better. The interesting thing would be if they were both there... If that happens, I would not be shocked at a trade down to a team looking at DL and they can draft one of the QB's a little lower..
oh yeah i like this scenario teams at the top reaching so we could some better players at the 14th pick
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you assume that the Browns interest in Tannehill is not sincere?

Also, if Tannehill goes to the Browns before pick #8, I could see the Dolphins shocking everyone and taking Weeden at #8...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
oh yeah i like this scenario teams at the top reaching so we could some better players at the 14th pick
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordy Glenn-LT to the Bills at #10 almost seems like a lock at this point.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
I forget where I read it...that Nix likes Cordy Glenn, loves players from the South, SEC and ACC.

On a side note Cossel said Glenn has the feet to play LT in the NFL

let's not forget too that Fitzpatrick has one of the quickest releases in the league.

He could also be in play with Arizona as well
Heh Glenn was the name I thought of. Moving up boards and just a really solid OL prospect.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Cordy Glenn-LT to the Bills at #10 almost seems like a lock at this point.
I've been on the Glenn bandwagon for a while now, but I've been thinking that we need a guaranteed good player at 10. Can Glenn be that guy, or does he have too many question marks?

I'd like to know why you think its a lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I don't know if I want Glenn at 10 because I'm not sure he can make the transition and be a damn good player at LT.

I'd like to know why you think its a lock
I am starting to think Glenn will be the pick as well. Watching his game vs LSU and their DEs Mingo and Montgomery both future day 1 pass rushers he looked very good. He has only played LT for 1 year so he will get much better with NFL coaching and just getting more snaps at LT. Nix likes massive OTs he fits the bill. Nix loves South/SEC players so he fits that bill. Nix has said many times you can move OTs to G but not G to OT so if he flops at OT he would be a very good G IMO.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Donkey Punch
Rookie

Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.Donkey Punch is so money.

I'm thinking Floyd is gone by #10 with either Jacksonville or Carolina picking him leaving Buffalo to take Cordy Glenn. I bet Reiff slides considerably, ala Bryan Bulaga, and ends up going to someone like Chicago in the middle of the round.
Donkey Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BOOOOO. BOOOOO. Reiff totally needs to go before Glenn so I can maintain dreams of Cordy on the Giants. I've been on his bandwagon for too long.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote