Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who would the Eagles be moving up for?
Rotoworld reports Tannehill. Not sure what to make of that.

Perhaps they believe Minnesota is passing on Kalil or very well could so feeling out the cost of the move in the event Kalil is there at 4.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams moving up to #4 is ********, it doesn't make any sense.

If the Rams didn't want to move all the way down to #6 and the Browns wanted RG3 sooo bad like everyone says, the Rams and Browns would of worked out a trade when St. Louis was selecting 2nd overall.
I agree....unless Holmgren was more right about his whining than we were previously led to believe.
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
ron292120
Rookie

ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ron292120 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Rotoworld reports Tannehill. Not sure what to make of that.

Perhaps they believe Minnesota is passing on Kalil or very well could so feeling out the cost of the move in the event Kalil is there at 4.
Yeah, the talk on Cleveland radio today was that Andy Reid supposedly loves Tannehill, and Vick is 32 and isn't--we are led to believe--due any more guaranteed money after this season on that new contract he signed last year. Still a head scratcher to me for a team that has invested so heavily to win now in free agency.
ron292120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron292120 View Post
Yeah, the talk on Cleveland radio today was that Andy Reid supposedly loves Tannehill, and Vick is 32 and isn't--we are led to believe--due any more guaranteed money after this season on that new contract he signed last year. Still a head scratcher to me for a team that has invested so heavily to win now in free agency.
Tannehill to Philly is a 100% PERFECT fit. However this is Reid's last chance and unless he's completely delusional about his status and/or KNOWS this team will be in the SB no matter what they do in the draft (therefore he'd likely stick around), I don't see him agreeing to a trade up for Tannehill, and he does have a great say in what we do in the draft.

Unless Reid's true intention is to equip this team for the future whether it's with or without him, they probably won't move up for Tannehill, at least not as high as 4th overall. But again, he'd be an absolutely unreal fit here considering what he is as a prospect and what we need behind Vick.

Cleveland may very well be sending out a smokescreen here, and a lot of their decision makers would be capable of formulating a very convincing one involving the Eagles considering their history with this organization.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 04-13-2012 at 10:13 PM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronde Barber says Bucs "probably" will take Morris Claiborne
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ris-claiborne/

Wasn't it being speculated as of a few days ago that Minny was looking to go after Claiborne at 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Ronde Barber says Bucs "probably" will take Morris Claiborne
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ris-claiborne/

Wasn't it being speculated as of a few days ago that Minny was looking to go after Claiborne at 3?
Of course Claiborne is a top 5 prospect why wouldn't he be a possibility @ 3?
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...medium=twitter

Rams, Eagles, and two other top 20 teams apparently are looking to move up to 4th pick.
If Kalil hit 4 I would not be shocked if the Bears were calling about the pick.

The Bears have talked up J'Marcus Webb all off season but I think that it has to be a smoke screen with his struggles.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
No way. Wright is locked in as the third WR taken. Randle is 50/50 to go in the first or second round. Some teams will have Brian Quick or Stephen Hill higher on their boards. Agree on McClellin though. He is a high motor player who was a workout warrior and very productive and versatile. Teams see another Mike Vrabel in him.

Chandler Jones sounds like he's gonna go a lot higher than people think as well.
Charley Casserly just posted his current mock which has Hill and Randle picked in round 1 and Wright slipping to round 2, so I wouldn't call that a ringing endorsement for Wright as the #3 WR in the draft. By the way, he has the Browns taking Hill with the 22nd pick.

I go agree that McClellin and Chandler Jones are on the rise and likely late 1st rounders.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
physically he is, but not if you count catching the ball, running routes, having a feel for the position. He's big and he is good at running the 40 yard dash. Thankfully teams put a lot more into evaluating players than their combine performances. Wright has the best tape of any receiver in this draft and people see him as another Steve Smith type. Short, but strong and with the speed to break away as a downfield threat. Teams don't just take upside into account with 1st round picks, they also consider the safeness of the pick and realistic upside.
I see a lot of Torry Holt in him...more fluid and deceptively fast than Smith, who I see as explosive fast.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Charley Casserly just posted his current mock which has Hill and Randle picked in round 1 and Wright slipping to round 2, so I wouldn't call that a ringing endorsement for Wright as the #3 WR in the draft. By the way, he has the Browns taking Hill with the 22nd pick.

I go agree that McClellin and Chandler Jones are on the rise and likely late 1st rounders.
If you watch NFL Network 24x7 as it seems you do, you also know that Casserly has told us numerous times that he deviates his mock drafts purely for purpose of making it different to keep it entertaining for the viewers.

Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
If you watch NFL Network 24x7 as it seems you do, you also know that Casserly has told us numerous times that he deviates his mock drafts purely for purpose of making it different to keep it entertaining for the viewers.

I think this is his last mock and usually they know they will be remembered for it. Casserly doesn't give me the impression that he would mock against his facts, yes, he can shake up the order in which they are picked and by whom but I don't get the feeling his puts 2nd round talent in round 1 and round 1 talent in round 2.

I do have a lot of respect for Casserly and Mayock but I also view film and watch a lot of college games and have my own opinions but like all teams, I use Path to the Draft like they are my scouts similar to what GM's do in reality, they hire many scouts to assess prospects but retain the right to reach the final decision. Casserly and Mayock send me back many times a post season to recheck my opinions against theirs to see if I missed something, just like the post season All Star games do and the Combine and Pro Days do.

I definitely watch Path to the Draft faithfully but the rest of NFL Network's stuff, I won't watch if you paid me except for FA news.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
physically he is, but not if you count catching the ball, running routes, having a feel for the position. He's big and he is good at running the 40 yard dash. Thankfully teams put a lot more into evaluating players than their combine performances. Wright has the best tape of any receiver in this draft and people see him as another Steve Smith type. Short, but strong and with the speed to break away as a downfield threat. Teams don't just take upside into account with 1st round picks, they also consider the safeness of the pick and realistic upside.
Oh, I think he's much better than his game tape would indicate. Hill hasn't even had the chance to compile much in the way of game tape. Again, he was part of a triple option offense. What business does a WR have there? But here's another thing that you can generally take away from WR prospects in an option run offense: A willingness to block.

Like I said, the guy had 30 balls thrown his way last year. That doesn't mean he's unable to catch it. #1 WR prospect in the draft this year. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

As far as the Lions' propensity for moving up, I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to try to move Cliff Avril, their 1st, and a late round pick to acquire #4, #5, or #6. I think they realize it's going to be a long time before they pick in the top 10 again, and they really do need to get that 1 more piece to make a Superbowl run.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Of course Claiborne is a top 5 prospect why wouldn't he be a possibility @ 3?
I know he's a possibility at 3..
I just remember seeing that Minny was leaning towards Claiborne over Kalil, who seemingly everyone had pegged to going 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep seeing Shea McClellin being rumored as a target of the Packers at 28.

That better be a smokescreen...

Last edited by WCH : 04-14-2012 at 09:28 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I keep seeing Shea McClellin been rumored as a target of the Packers at 28.

I keep seeing McClellin going to the Pats at 27 and I'm crossing my fingers that he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, then! That pick would make both of us very happy.

I think he's a better fit with the Pats than he is with the Packers.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great, then! That pick would make both of us very happy.

I think he's a better fit with the Pats than he is with the Packers.

Agreed. Shea just makes so much sense for NE, and he'd be a stud there. So, that pick will never happen.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I keep seeing Shea McClellin being rumored as a target of the Packers at 28.

GB needs a threat across from Clay Matthews...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he's not a threat. We could just do with someone opposite Clay.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns are reportedly targeting Keshawn Martin in the mid rounds as a slot receiver. Okay. How people figure this out is beyond me. Kinda a random bit of info.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams moving up to #4 is ********, it doesn't make any sense.

If the Rams didn't want to move all the way down to #6 and the Browns wanted RG3 sooo bad like everyone says, the Rams and Browns would of worked out a trade when St. Louis was selecting 2nd overall.
I tend to think this is the media making a story. There are connections between all three organizations, and someone noticed it and made a story. Or the Browns are trying to drum up more interest in the pick.

The only two people that's make sense for the Eagles to move up for IMO would be Claiborne (since Asante looks all but gone) and Tannehill. I'm not huge on the idea, if true, mostly because I don't think either are worth the price it'd most likely be to move from 15 to 4 (#15 and a second rounder?). Now if it was 15 and something other than a second rounder, (as long as its not a first/second next year), I would be pretty happy with it.

Someone mentioned Trent Richardson... God would I love it, but keep in mind who'se running th organization, unless we are in for a major offensive scheme shift, don't expect Richardson to be the Eagles target here. Kalil may make some sense if the Eagles are really concerned about the Tackle position, but it doesn't seem that way. (even if it might need to be). I doubt it'd be for him either (I don't buy Minnesota passing on him, either).

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams dont need anyone that'll be available at #4 anyway. If the first 3 are Luck, Griffin, Kalil, the top player on their board will be Blackmon. He'll be available at #6.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I tend to think this is the media making a story. There are connections between all three organizations, and someone noticed it and made a story. Or the Browns are trying to drum up more interest in the pick.

The only two people that's make sense for the Eagles to move up for IMO would be Claiborne (since Asante looks all but gone) and Tannehill. I'm not huge on the idea, if true, mostly because I don't think either are worth the price it'd most likely be to move from 15 to 4 (#15 and a second rounder?). Now if it was 15 and something other than a second rounder, (as long as its not a first/second next year), I would be pretty happy with it.

Someone mentioned Trent Richardson... God would I love it, but keep in mind who'se running th organization, unless we are in for a major offensive scheme shift, don't expect Richardson to be the Eagles target here. Kalil may make some sense if the Eagles are really concerned about the Tackle position, but it doesn't seem that way. (even if it might need to be). I doubt it'd be for him either (I don't buy Minnesota passing on him, either).
It could be feeling out the Browns in the event Kalil isn't the pick at 3. Maybe they have even spoken with Minnesota about moving to 3, we really don't know. But Kalil makes a ton of sense, and Reid loves to draft linemen.

Bell is on a 1 year deal essentially, and you never know if Peters comes back and plays at the same level or how long it may take him to get back there. Peters will have 2 years left after this year and will be 31. So if they nabbed Kalil then they could essentially slide him in at RT and have the potential left tackle of the future on the roster and next offseason decide whether to move forward with Bell or Peters as the bookend and cut or attempt to trade the other.

The cost of moving up from 15 according to the trade chart is more or less the two 2nd rounders they possess. But they also have 2 trade chips as well in Samuel and DRC.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Rams dont need anyone that'll be available at #4 anyway. If the first 3 are Luck, Griffin, Kalil, the top player on their board will be Blackmon. He'll be available at #6.
While they might certainly settle for Blackmon at #6, I think there's a good chance he's below Richardson and Claiborne on their board.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
While they might certainly settle for Blackmon at #6, I think there's a good chance he's below Richardson and Claiborne on their board.
He should be. Richardson and Claiborne are 1A and 1B for me, I keep flip flopping them around but there definitely the first 2 players on my board.

I question whether or not Blackmon is even the #1 receiver on their big board.