Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3/30/12 - Mock Draft 6.0

Just posted a new mock draft, which is the first update since the start of free agency!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

has Whitney Mercilius fallen that far out of favor that he isn't considered in the First 2 rounds? He was in your last couple mocks. Just wonder if he has had a bad workout or injury or something.

Nevermind. Damn my eyesight. lol

Last edited by dansaint : 03-30-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: i'm a moron.
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE those Vikings picks!

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint View Post
has Whitney Mercilius fallen that far out of favor that he isn't considered in the First 2 rounds? He was in your last couple mocks. Just wonder if he has had a bad workout or injury or something.
He's in there, to the Jags at #38.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint View Post
As mentioned above, I have Mercilus going to the Jaguars at #38 overall.

There's VERY little difference between a late first rounder and the first ten picks of round two.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvikefan89 View Post
He's in there, to the Jags at #38.
thanks...i'm a moron and i guess i'm blind too.
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see how the Ravens pass on Adams.

On a side note I really dislike Konz in the first.

Also, I would prefer Kendricks in the 2nd. I don't see how a team with a top RB already can spend a top 100 pick on a RB. I understand that we need another back to take the load off of Rice but I don't think I'd be okay taking one in the top 100

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 03-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Floyd + Adams
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
aje710
Rookie

aje710 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love the Vikings draft as well. Just wondering your thought process on Hill over Jeffery?
aje710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Smith and Brandon Boykin would be great fits. Andre Branch is a possibility as well given his size and run defense; being a senior could give him the edge over Mercilus (although Mercilus has more upside.) Kendall Reyes is a reach in the first round because he struggles to locate the ball and doesn't have an elite burst or anchor. Kendall projects as more of a mid to late second rounder.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Nick Perry to Green Bay, not because he's not a good player (he is) and not because he can't play OLB (he probably can), it's just because he's not really a great fit on a team with Clay Matthews. Generally, 3-4 teams with 2 good pass rushing OLBs do best when you have a different style of pass rusher on each side (e.g. James Harrison is crazy and tenacious while Woodley is a powerful "crush the pocket guy" and Worilds is a great athlete.) Being able to mix up the styles makes your various stunts much more effective, and it keeps the OTs off balance.

Perry is almost exactly the same style of a pass rusher as Matthews (the game is based on the burst and the athleticism, Matthews is quite a bit more flexible though.) So I think Green Bay would prefer to have someone like Mercilus or Branch to Perry.

I know the "2 USC OLBs" angle is kind of cute, but I just don't feel it's a great fit.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round one: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trich or Claiborne at 4, Wright at 22 would be ideal!!!
Round two: puke

the browns aren't going to take a QB in round two, mark my words. They would rather give McCoy another year with an upgraded supporting cast than try to develop a QB who almost certainly won't be franchise quality, and very likely waste a high pick when they have so many needs to use that pick on.

I would be surprised if the Browns' first 3 picks were some combination of RB, WR, OT and/or CB (3 of those 4, probably not QB unless they take Tannehill).
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing on DeCastro....wha?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Kendall projects as more of a mid to late second rounder.
From everything I'm hearing, Reyes is going to be a late first or early second.

Kind of a polarizing prospect though with a wide range of opinions in scouting community.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Passing on DeCastro....wha?
The Bengals signed Travelle Wharton and have their fourth round pick from last year Clint Boling, who was a steal at that point, to step in at guard. Plus they could still re-sign Bobbie Williams.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The chances of the Jets passing on Ingram is 0, especially for a one-dimensional Upshaw.

That said, I love you, if only for the fact that you see Ingram available at 16 in the first place :)
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****, I hope the Pats first two rounds go that well.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
The chances of the Jets passing on Ingram is 0, especially for a one-dimensional Upshaw.

That said, I love you, if only for the fact that you see Ingram available at 16 in the first place :)
Anything can obviously happen on draft day, but I tend to agree with this. Think Ryan and Pettine will value Ingram's superior (IMO) versatility, and he's a better athlete as well.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
From everything I'm hearing, Reyes is going to be a late first or early second.

Kind of a polarizing prospect though with a wide range of opinions in scouting community.
As a Connecticut fan I don't feel that he is worth a first-round pick. His mental makeup and frame suggest he could fit in New England's defense and he is the type of player they like to target so it's a possibility but strictly based on value he would not be a great selection. The Huskies used him all over the place which will be appealing but he does sometimes struggle to anchor and doesn't make up for it by being an outstanding pass-rusher like Jerel Worthy is. Reyes also struggles to locate the ball and is frequently caught out of position or tricked by misdirection/play action; projecting him to New England is reasonable especially since you have the Patriots drafting at OLB, CB, and S but hopefully they would trade down first or take him later on.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The Bengals signed Travelle Wharton and have their fourth round pick from last year Clint Boling, who was a steal at that point, to step in at guard. Plus they could still re-sign Bobbie Williams.
Scott, for the Bengal picks you are still looking at them from several years back. For the past 2 drafts they have not gone with the 'physical specimen' or the 'weak character' guy. As long as they stick to that, they would not pass on DeCastro for Brockers and they would in all likelihood pass on Jenkins.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Interesting. Love the Buc's picks they make total sense. However, the Eagles will probably draft an Offensive Linemen at 15 with Jason Peters being injured. I also think Reid will target an QB in the second round.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

Finnegan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Barron rated way higher than Harrision Smith? They seem really similar.
Finnegan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Finnegan007
Rookie

Finnegan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could the cowboys be interested in a player to take spencers place? And if they are, who would they prefer: Ingram or Upshaw?
Finnegan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post

Upshaw is actually a better fit for Rex Ryan's defense than Ingram.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need to remove the Saint's second round pick, a la "Bounty-Gate"
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote