Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-31-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How High Can Coby Fleener Go?

It appears that Coby Fleener has established himself as the best TE in this class and at a minimum the 1st TE picked in the draft.

After a sensational Pro Day and at 6'6" 245lbs. with 4.45 speed how high could he climb in the draft?

Who would you compare him to?

I keep going to JerMichael Finley with his ability to run and split out and play a traditional WR position.

JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Baltimore at 29 considers him but likely doesn't grab him. The Giants at 32 could have him on their short list depending how the draft plays out as they will go BPA. I think early second round is his most likely draft destination.

While he has good speed, he doesn't have the quickness you want in a receiver. Granted, that speed is helped by the size he does have.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post
I think Baltimore at 29 considers him but likely doesn't grab him. The Giants at 32 could have him on their short list depending how the draft plays out as they will go BPA. I think early second round is his most likely draft destination.

While he has good speed, he doesn't have the quickness you want in a receiver. Granted, that speed is helped by the size he does have.
As much as I'd like for this to happen as I'm a big Fleener fan, we just spent 3rd and 4th round picks on Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta, both of whom the coaching staff loves. I can't see us picking Fleener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good chance is at 30 for sf.Even though I think we have enough TE but not a true number 2 spot though. If a wide out is not there at 30 we go after Fleener or defense.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A TE with his hands, size, speed would do wonders in the WCO. I don't think the Browns are 100% content with our TEs, so #22 wouldn't be out of question. Not the biggest need on our team, but would make sense if we plan on keeping McCoy as our starting QB. Would give us a formidable receiving threat and a total mismatch for almost any defense.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
As much as I'd like for this to happen as I'm a big Fleener fan, we just spent 3rd and 4th round picks on Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta, both of whom the coaching staff loves. I can't see us picking Fleener.
I like them both as well, but this would be an upgrade. Neither have the talent to pass on Fleener if they think he can be a stud as neither Dickson nor Pitta has that kind of ceiling.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post
A TE with his hands, size, speed would do wonders in the WCO. I don't think the Browns are 100% content with our TEs, so #22 wouldn't be out of question. Not the biggest need on our team, but would make sense if we plan on keeping McCoy as our starting QB. Would give us a formidable receiving threat and a total mismatch for almost any defense.
I have thought for awhile now that Holmgren might trade down from the #4 pick. Getting a rb, te, and wr (insert your favorite names) late in that first round is the route i'd go
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I have thought for awhile now that Holmgren might trade down from the #4 pick. Getting a rb, te, and wr (insert your favorite names) late in that first round is the route i'd go
Richardson, Fleener, BPA at WR with our 1st 3 picks would instantly make our offense one you'd at least have to gameplan for (on paper anyway LOL).
Old 03-31-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STsACE View Post
Richardson, Fleener, BPA at WR with our 1st 3 picks would instantly make our offense one you'd at least have to gameplan for (on paper anyway LOL).
I was thinking maybe a trade down with New England to grab those two late firsts then you'd have 4 pretty high picks. Your way might be better after Richardson's pro day but personally i dont like taking RBs that high. Very short shelf life and all.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

Quote:
I was thinking maybe a trade down with New England to grab those two late firsts then you'd have 4 pretty high picks. Your way might be better after Richardson's pro day but personally i dont like taking RBs that high. Very short shelf life and all.
Shelf life worries me as well. But after his pro-day and H&H being very impressed, I believe he's our target at #4 barring a trade down offer that's too good to pass up.

IMO though, I don't think the RB position is as important in the WCO to warrant a top 5 pick going to RB, but if he's our target, he's gonna be there at 4. I'd rather go Blackmon, Fleener and target one of the 2nd tier RBs like Miller or Martin. Personal opinion though. But I'd be estatic if we grabbed WR, Fleener, RB with our 1st 3 picks, almost no matter who the WR or RB is.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston at 26.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he goes to SF at 30.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'6"
247lbs.
4.45 [40]
27 reps 225
37" Vertical

That is a freak and he tested out better than almost every WR.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From reading numerous reports on Fleener, his 40 time when you add a tenth of a second for the surface and hand timing, is more like a 4.65 and he isn't special as a blocker. Scouts and GM's felt from his film that he was a 2nd round talent and that still counts for 85% of a prospect evaluation so I would say reports of him suddenly getting into the top 20 are greatly exaggerated and he is at best a very late 1st rounder or an early 2nd rounder.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slight chance of going in the 1st, maybe to a team like SF, Denver or NYG.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he goes in the first round. A team like Baltimore could grab him. After seeing what Gronk and Graham did last year to NFL defenses as total mismatches, teams are going to value Fleener higher this year than they would in years past. He's a definite top 40 pick, but I just sense that he is gonna go in that 22-32 range.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's in the 1st round for sure. With the success that teams are having with the ultra athletic TEs, I can see him going in the late teens or in the early 20s
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
From reading numerous reports on Fleener, his 40 time when you add a tenth of a second for the surface and hand timing, is more like a 4.65 and he isn't special as a blocker. Scouts and GM's felt from his film that he was a 2nd round talent and that still counts for 85% of a prospect evaluation so I would say reports of him suddenly getting into the top 20 are greatly exaggerated and he is at best a very late 1st rounder or an early 2nd rounder.
He ran 4.5 into the wind. Why not just admit he's a hell of alot faster than you thought he was.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He ran 4.5 into the wind. Why not just admit he's a hell of alot faster than you thought he was.
Exacty... 4.45 with, and 4.51 against. Guy is fast.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

I hope and think his old coach Harbaugh grabs him in the 1st for the Niners.
If not, the Giants are the next step. But if the Giants didnt pick him, he will go to Indy in the 2nd, to give Luck a Weapon he is familiar with.
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think he goes in the first round. A team like Baltimore could grab him. After seeing what Gronk and Graham did last year to NFL defenses as total mismatches, teams are going to value Fleener higher this year than they would in years past. He's a definite top 40 pick, but I just sense that he is gonna go in that 22-32 range.
Yeah... the Ravens aren't going to be taking Fleener or any other TE high. We have too many needs and it's hard to envision any TE being the clear BPA when we pick, nor a BPA at a position of need which TE isn't on this team. The tandem of Dickson and Pitta produced nicely for us last season and I don't see any real reason to spend a high pick on the position.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Chicago at No. 19 is an option. He goes somewhere between there and 30, I think.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New England will take one player in the first round and trade back with their other first rounder to pick up an extra first rounder next year. That's what they do. BB always blows this smokescreen about the possibility of trading up, but it never happens. He is enamored with 2nd round picks.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His stopping point is 30 to SF. Take the amount of love that he's gotten in recent weeks, multiply that by 10, and then you might be close to how much Harbaugh loves him. The concept of adding him in the middle of the field with Vernon Davis would really allow for some interesting things on offense.

I don't see too many legit landing spots before that is the weird thing. You'd imagine Chicago will want to address TE early, but they have several other directions they can easily go in. A trade down would be smart if they want to grab Fleener. I suppose the Browns could do it at 22, but again, who knows what they could be targeting at that point depending on what they do with their first pick.

So I think he goes either earlier than expected, or no later than 30.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
His stopping point is 30 to SF. Take the amount of love that he's gotten in recent weeks, multiply that by 10, and then you might be close to how much Harbaugh loves him. The concept of adding him in the middle of the field with Vernon Davis would really allow for some interesting things on offense.

I don't see too many legit landing spots before that is the weird thing. You'd imagine Chicago will want to address TE early, but they have several other directions they can easily go in. A trade down would be smart if they want to grab Fleener. I suppose the Browns could do it at 22, but again, who knows what they could be targeting at that point depending on what they do with their first pick.

So I think he goes either earlier than expected, or no later than 30.
I agree. Fleener and Davis would be a nightmare for the rest of us in the division.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote