Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Meachem to visit!

Chiefs | Meachem to visit
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:44:48 -0700

KFFL has learned the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 17

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

freaking awesome!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff, I'd still prefer Jarrett though.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Good stuff, I'd still prefer Jarrett though.

I'm wondering if Tennesee might not take him to give VY a target plus reunite him with Chow
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'm wondering if Tennesee might not take him to give VY a target plus reunite him with Chow
I think the chance is just as good that they'd take Meachem as he goes to Tennessee and is currently rated higher by many.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'd pick Jarrett over Meachem. Are they equal? Probably in terms of being prospects. But Jarrett brings to the table some name recognition...which pays dividends to CP when people buy his jersey(which I probably would)
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I think they'd pick Jarrett over Meachem. Are they equal? Probably in terms of being prospects. But Jarrett brings to the table some name recognition...which pays dividends to CP when people buy his jersey(which I probably would)

I would perfer Meachem just for the fact the he brings the element of speed with him which we could defenitly use. That said if Jarret ends up being the pick I could live with that.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speed? We got speed with Parker and Hall. I think with the huge amount of production Jarret had in College, he's a much better prospect that Meachem.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Speed? We got speed with Parker and Hall. I think with the huge amount of production Jarret had in College, he's a much better prospect that Meachem.
I'm not arguing with your, but Parker should be a slot guy and I'll be suprised if Hall is still with us. We need someone the defenses can respect going deep and Meachem would bring that element. That said Jeff Webb might be the guy and if the front office feels that is the case then Jarret makes sense. For the short term Jarret appears to be a carbon copy of Eddie Kennison.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a pretty good addition to the Chiefs offense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I'm not arguing with your, but Parker should be a slot guy and I'll be suprised if Hall is still with us. We need someone the defenses can respect going deep and Meachem would bring that element. That said Jeff Webb might be the guy and if the front office feels that is the case then Jarret makes sense. For the short term Jarret appears to be a carbon copy of Eddie Kennison.
I could not disagree with that statement more. Jarrett is much larger and much slower than EK, Kennison until recently was one of the faster receivers in the league and no one will ever be able to say that about Jarrett. What Jarrett brings to the table is a guy who can go up and get the ball and come down with it. He's not going to stretch the field, but he will be a Cris Carter type, always catching touchdown and first down passes. And those are important too, right?
Old 04-01-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
I could not disagree with that statement more. Jarrett is much larger and much slower than EK, Kennison until recently was one of the faster receivers in the league and no one will ever be able to say that about Jarrett. What Jarrett brings to the table is a guy who can go up and get the ball and come down with it. He's not going to stretch the field, but he will be a Cris Carter type, always catching touchdown and first down passes. And those are important too, right?
My comparison is of the Eddie Kennison now. They are pretty much just the same player at this point of their carrers. They provide a nice value, but two players of the same quality might not be the best direction we can go this season, though if we draft Jarret it wouldn't suprise me if Kennison is cut.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meachem is visiting like 7 Teams and one is the vikings.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
My comparison is of the Eddie Kennison now. They are pretty much just the same player at this point of their carrers. They provide a nice value, but two players of the same quality might not be the best direction we can go this season, though if we draft Jarret it wouldn't suprise me if Kennison is cut.
Cut Kennison? Nah, He'll be with us for another year. I also think that Meachem's stock is rising pretty fast and the VIkes' might pick him up(Although,I think they should trade down for more picks, but what do I know). Jarrett fits Herm's idea of an offense to a T, so if we go after a WR, it'll be Jarrett.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I still don't see a comparison between Jarrett-Kennison, Jarrett has a ton of size and leaping ability that Kennison lacks. And the only way I foresee Kennison being cut is if the Chiefs take 2 receivers on day 1.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami TE Greg Olsen has a personal workout with the Dolphins and a visit scheduled with the Chiefs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

jarrett if on the board into the 20's will be picked by the cowboys if not alread gone. Meachem would be taken by the boys if he fell that far anyway. i dont c either of them falling to 23...i think your choice is joe staley.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
jarrett if on the board into the 20's will be picked by the cowboys if not alread gone. Meachem would be taken by the boys if he fell that far anyway. i dont c either of them falling to 23...i think your choice is joe staley.

That wouldn't be suprising, though WR seem to becoming like running backs in that they seem to fall come draft day. I know last year Chad Jackson was always projected in the 15-20 range and was thought to go after Holmes and both fell pretty significantly. I would like to get Staley, but I think he will be gone before we get a shot. I wouldn't be suprised though if Sydney Rice doesn't start moving up draft boards though and fall into KC's range by draft time.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
I still don't see a comparison between Jarrett-Kennison, Jarrett has a ton of size and leaping ability that Kennison lacks. And the only way I foresee Kennison being cut is if the Chiefs take 2 receivers on day 1.

I feel neither of these guys seperate well and that is where I guess the comparison comes in. If you look at Kennison last year, he made some clutch catches in the 2nd half of the year, but they always seemed to made with a man all over him. When we got behind in games this year it was evident that we had nobody who could create any space for themselves and I think that's where we need to get better in this draft. Jarret would be great to have in the redzone, but given we already have Gonzalez I would like to try to get someone outside who can get open, or at least draw a double team without having to consistanly run play action to try to make that happen.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I really don't think Jarrett will have that trouble getting separation once he spends a year in a pro weight room and puts on about 10 pounds of muscle.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
DJohnson56

I really can't see KC taking a WR in the first round.....I still think it's just not Herm's new defense first style. I would really not be shocked if we took someone like that Revvis kid out of Pitt.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJohnson56 View Post
I really can't see KC taking a WR in the first round.....I still think it's just not Herm's new defense first style. I would really not be shocked if we took someone like that Revvis kid out of Pitt.

Herm has stated that he the verticle passing game is a huge part of his offense but we were not able to use it because we didn't have the receivers to make it happen. He still wants to run the ball a majority of the time, but wants to be able to throw deep to mix it up and is hoping Jeff Webb can be the guy to help that along. I compare what Herm is wanting to do as similar to what the Bears do on both sides of the ball. I would be shocked if we went CB in round one. It's not a huge need for our defense. Outside of kicker nothing would suprise me more.