Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-31-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Scott Wright on NFL Network

funny i searched the video and neil89 was the one who uploaded it..... draft countdown u never cease to amaze me. glad to see im not the only one who doesnt love blackmon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NcmB0kmA8o

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I saw that, can't say that I disagree either.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly, would still take Blackmon. I think him and Floyd are both top 10 prospects in this draft and are both #1 WR options as well.

Floyd reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Strong, can work the middle and sidelines and has the vertical speed to get deep and attack jump balls.

Blackmon is tough to compare. I like him to Michael Irvin, honestly. Great hands, route runner, has the speed to get deep and is excellent at reading coverages. Just as good of an athlete as Dez, more mature and smarter.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that's the real Scott Wright.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
So that's the real Scott Wright.
Hmmm...I thought he would be more...mysterious!
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw that. Scott did good but he can work on his speaking skills on camera. It felt and sounded very scripted, which it was of course, but I think if he wants to get more camera time he needs to come off more naturally on camera.

I found it interesting that Lombardi pretty much disagreed to what Scott said. Scott's arguments weren't necessarily wrong, but Lombardi gave the impression that he didn't agree at all. He did so in a professional manner stating that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you got the impression that he didn't really respect his opinion which is unfortunate bc the points made were valid.

Or perhaps I'm reading too deep into it. Who knows.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would of been better if it was more interview like.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
It would of been better if it was more interview like.
I agree...it came across like..."okay, give us 37 seconds on tape and we'll roll it"

Good job, though, Scott. Kinda makes me proud that you got on the air
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's great for Scott. He has pretty much one of the more popular draft websites on the web and as far as I'm concerned, should have had camera time a lot sooner than just recently.

This puts more pressure on him to step up and bolster the website though. More exposure means more hits and first impressions with those new hits are everything.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That man is an imposter. It's been accepted fact for years that this is real Scott Wright.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

this media attention is gonna make draft day traffic worse than normal...... uggggh hope it goes smoothly

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More traffic means more money which means better draftcountdown. And more forum members.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scoot looks younger than I thought he was.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it does as much for his traffic as some of you think. He's already really well known among people who are interested in the Draft.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I doubt it does as much for his traffic as some of you think. He's already really well known among people who are interested in the Draft.
Why are you the way that you are?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I found it interesting that Lombardi pretty much disagreed to what Scott said. Scott's arguments weren't necessarily wrong, but Lombardi gave the impression that he didn't agree at all. He did so in a professional manner stating that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you got the impression that he didn't really respect his opinion which is unfortunate bc the points made were valid.

Or perhaps I'm reading too deep into it. Who knows.
The way I read it was that Lombardi was more so disagreeing with the guy before me who said Floyd is closing the gap on Blackmon, which I definitely disagree with as well.

What did everyone else think?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I agree...it came across like..."okay, give us 37 seconds on tape and we'll roll it"
That's exactly what it was, except they asked for 45 seconds.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
this media attention is gonna make draft day traffic worse than normal...... uggggh hope it goes smoothly
I think we finally got everything figured out last year, when it went pretty smooth.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
The way I read it was that Lombardi was more so disagreeing with the guy before me who said Floyd is closing the gap on Blackmon, which I definitely disagree with as well.

What you said is true.

Blackmon shouldn't be going top four because he's not an elite/blue chip player.

I do think Floyd is better than him though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-31-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

MORE COWBELL!!!

Agree he isn't in the Johnson, Green, Jones level.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked the "home office" background you set up. I always laugh at the fake ones that NFLN and ESPN use.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a good clip. Professional looking and made good points.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you get paid or was it just for exposure? Obviously the exposure is good enough being on NFL Network is pretty sweet. Gotta hammer out these scouting reports now though, it's about to be April and you only have 9. People are going to click and see no scouting reports and say "wtf?"

Also, how did you get to do it? Did you just email them and show them the site and your credentials and they said ok good enough? Always curious as to how these things end up coming together.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
More traffic means more money which means better draftcountdown. And more forum members.
This.

I can't believe people would complain. This isn't your site, you don't generate income from it, you don't pay for operating and maintenance cost. It's like wishing someone would stay poor so they would stay humble.

Getting national media attention like this will do wonders for the site and if not it certainly isn't hurting the site either.

Congratulations on getting on NFL network. Up next, ESPN.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
AlexDunlap
Rookie

AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AlexDunlap is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, That's amazing. Congrats to you and the whole DC Crew my friend.
Well done and VERY much deserved.
peace-alex
AlexDunlap is offline   Reply With Quote