Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Good Comparison for Melvin Ingram?

I see Tamba Hali in him. He's an all out non-stop motor kinda guy who can play on the DL or as a LB. Tamba has developed to a very solid run stopper too. I was just watching tape on both and I see it more and more every time.

Tamba is a jack of all trades since he's so versatile. He can play OLB on 1st and 2nd down then move to DE on 3rd down in certain situations.

Maybe it's just me, but I see them being extremely similar.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ingram has a similar bodytype to Woodley, but yeah Hali is a good comparison too.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adalius Thomas.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Adalius Thomas.
Most versatile player I've ever seen. He lined up from DT to CB & S during his time. Not a superstar at any one spot but the flexibility he gave a defense was crazy, perfect with Rex Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sticking with my Robert Ayers comparisons, but those above aren't bad either.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Adalius 2.0, especially if drafted by jets.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woodley or brandon graham would be sufficient comparisions. i think he is is strictly a 3-4 player at the next level
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's quite a woodley or tamba hali when they were coming out, but I think the Hali is a good one as a current player. Hali has really evolved since being drafted

If Ingram can learn to round the corner he's got a great chance in a 4-3, I just never saw that from him in college.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am sticking with my Robert Ayers comparisons, but those above aren't bad either.
So Ayers and Ingram compare to each other, yet Ayers is a foot and a half taller, and Ingram has phenomenal quickness compared to Ayers average quickness?

That makes A LOT of sense...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard a lot about Ingram going to the Jets. I heard their interest in Courtney Upshaw isn't that great. They are looking to get faster and more explosive on defense; Ingram fits that bill perfectly. Upshaw is stiff and has below average lateral agility.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
So Ayers and Ingram compare to each other, yet Ayers is a foot and a half taller, and Ingram has phenomenal quickness compared to Ayers average quickness?

That makes A LOT of sense...
Ayers is 7'7" now?

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Ayers is 7'7" now?
Lol, and he gave Scott a facepalm? EPIC FAIL.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Adalius Thomas.
I see this too. Very versatile and dynamic, but I don't know if he will be elite at getting to the QB. He will be an awesome player for someone and he will be an impact defender but I don't know if he is that type of dominant pass rusher that warrants where he will probably be drafted.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Lol, and he gave Scott a facepalm? EPIC FAIL.
I would say a typo is better than a moronic comparison of two completely different players.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would say a typo is better than a moronic comparison of two completely different players.
Yeah... but it's his site. And it's a privilege, so watch your mouth and show some respect. Either way, you lose.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a short, fat DE with amazing athleticism but no explosion. I have absolutely no idea who he favorably compares to, and therefore I'm not willing to spend a first rounder on him.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think Adalius Thomas might be the most accurate comparison for Ingram, as I see Ingram seeing time at ILB in a 3-4 defense. Ingram might be a great fit in New York at 16 for Rex Ryan, as he's been rumored to be working out Ingram along other pass rushers. Thomas excelled while in Baltimore(few seasons with Ryan as DC), and Ingram can play in a similar role.

Ingram could also fit on a team like Arizona at 13, maybe a playoff team trades up for a impact pass rusher(New England?).

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm starting to think Adalius Thomas might be the most accurate comparison for Ingram, as I see Ingram seeing time at ILB in a 3-4 defense. Ingram might be a great fit in New York at 16 for Rex Ryan, as he's been rumored to be working out Ingram along other pass rushers. Thomas excelled while in Baltimore(few seasons with Ryan as DC), and Ingram can play in a similar role.

Ingram could also fit on a team like Arizona at 13, maybe a playoff team trades up for a impact pass rusher(New England?).
God i hope so, so the Chargers wont even have a chance to screw it up by picking him. He will generate no pass rush in the NFL AT ALL...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
He's a short, fat DE with amazing athleticism but no explosion. I have absolutely no idea who he favorably compares to, and therefore I'm not willing to spend a first rounder on him.
No explosion? The guy ran the 6th fastest 20-yard shuttle amongst all DE's and LB's.

If you doubt his lower body strength and explosion, then just watch this:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7728889

This guy is a ridiculous athlete. I'm not a huge fan of Ingram's, but his explosiveness is his best attribute. I think he will at least be a quality back-up, like a Jason Worilds. Other than height and forty (Clay is about an inch and a half taller and runs the forty .1 faster), they do have the exact same 20-yard shuttle, and similar verticals and 3-cone.

Don't have an exact comparison for him. All I know is he isn't making it past the Jets. ..
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No explosion? The guy ran the 6th fastest 20-yard shuttle amongst all DE's and LB's.

If you doubt his lower body strength and explosion, then just watch this:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7728889

This guy is a ridiculous athlete. I'm not a huge fan of Ingram's, but his explosiveness is his best attribute. I think he will at least be a quality back-up, like a Jason Worilds. Other than height and forty (Clay is about an inch and a half taller and runs the forty .1 faster), they do have the exact same 20-yard shuttle, and similar verticals and 3-cone.

Don't have an exact comparison for him. All I know is he isn't making it past the Jets. ..
I'm assuming that's the video of him doing a backflip or something. Which I've seen, and it just further confused the hell out of me. I've watched plenty of him and I don't think he gets of the snap quickly enough.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's a 3-4 OLB and that his downside is probably a more athletic Jarrett Johnson I guess; i.e. a 3-4 backer that can set the edge and play in space. I'm still not sure what to make of him though. He'll do some jaw dropping things on tape, but I don't know if he's an NFL pass rusher..
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That wasn't even a typo because you spelled the whole thing out! Even your defense is embarrassing. TOTAL EPIC FAIL.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I would agree.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with the other Steeler OLB James Harrison

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anthony Spencer, Lamarr Woodley, Chris Long?

I feel he is more athletic than Ayers, even numbers wise.

Last edited by brat316 : 04-03-2012 at 09:36 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robert Ayers is 6'3, 270 and he is awful as a pass rusher. Ayers: 9 sacks in 4 seasons at Tennessee. Ingram: 21 sacks.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote