Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I completely don't buy that him having a learning disability is the reason he got a 4. Its a complete excuse, he's in college. Are you telling me that if I managed to get a learning disability that it would excuse me from answering 6th grade math problems? Even the most basic math class would deal with number systems, and he'd probably had to have taken a lab based science class. How did he pass that? Did someone read it to him and explain it?

Even so...even if it takes a person a long time to learn something, or if they have to learn through different methods...why the hell does that excuse a college student from getting a 4 on a relatively simple test based off of stuff that he would have already learned in previous years of high school/college?

Summary...he's not learning anything new here. He just has to show up, read, and follow his previous training.

So, the only excuse that I can see is that he doesn't have the confidence to do it on his own. Probably from being coddled and told how special he was and not having to face problems on his own.
Or his brain really isn't good at test taking, or the specific questions of the wonderlic and because he knew how little importance it had to him he focused his offseason preparation on other things, like getting his body in premium shape for the combine, taking some public speaking classes, studying more complex NFL coverage schemes or any of a million other things that'll make him better at his chosen profession and earn him more money than studying for an insignificant test he was doing to do terrible on anyway. The man is a corner, not a QB, not a Center, not even a Safety or a MIKE, but a corner. The **** does the wonderlic have to do with being a corner?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
A four though...damn. That ludicrously bad. If you just flat out guess at every question, you probably end up with a better score.
I tutor some kids through No Child Left Behind, and... it's kind of hard to believe that they can manage to do worse than you'd expect for even simply guessing. I'll ask a question, and the kid will just look at me and start spouting out answers, watching my face for a reaction to see if they're getting closer. Or there'll be questions where the answer is one way or the other, and after explaining it ad nauseum... "What's the answer?" "(opposite answer.)"

Not (necessarily) his fault, in other words. Some people's brains just get all scrambled when you try to make them recollect information a certain way, or for some reason or another can't structure their thoughts the way others do. But it's just a wonderlic score. Might mean he needs help with the playbook, but it's not like he's going to get to the NFL and suddenly not know how to play football. Didn't Patrick Peterson score in the single digits last year, too? He did alright.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sure he knew the importance of the test just like he knows the importance of staying in shape and preparing himself. the wonderlic is not new so he definitely knew the importance of it.

i'm sure he tried, he just didn't do well.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Not in my opinion. Half the problem with all these kids and their "learning disabilities" is that they never had anyone to push them. They were considered "special" and therefore everything they did had to be easy. Being an NFL football player is not easy. Being a role-model is not easy. And being in the very judgmental public spotlight certainly is not easy. Even a child (or adult) with a learning disability is still capable of learning. And still capable of trying.
so are you saying that morris claiborne has a predisposition to growing complacent with his football skills because he was treated differently? i would say that based on his on-field performance at LSU, as well as athletic conditioning that he has proven he is capable of working/willing to work just as hard as anyone else.

being an nfl player is not easy, neither is being a top-tier talent in division 1 college football.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 04-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I completely don't buy that him having a learning disability is the reason he got a 4. Its a complete excuse, he's in college. Are you telling me that if I managed to get a learning disability that it would excuse me from answering 6th grade math problems? Even the most basic math class would deal with number systems, and he'd probably had to have taken a lab based science class. How did he pass that? Did someone read it to him and explain it?

Even so...even if it takes a person a long time to learn something, or if they have to learn through different methods...why the hell does that excuse a college student from getting a 4 on a relatively simple test based off of stuff that he would have already learned in previous years of high school/college?

Summary...he's not learning anything new here. He just has to show up, read, and follow his previous training.

So, the only excuse that I can see is that he doesn't have the confidence to do it on his own. Probably from being coddled and told how special he was and not having to face problems on his own.
you can read into his score as much as you want, but you have no idea exactly how his learning disability affects his ability to take such a test, and quite frankly it doesn't matter. you can be illiterate and still be an upstanding citizen, or a successful NFL cornerback for that matter.

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the people in this thread who clearly have no idea what they're talking about and have evidently had zero exposure to people with learning disabilities and think that they're all treated the same way apparently. Claiborne's disability would not have resulted in him being coddled at all. They don't put people with his disability in special needs classes. The only benefit they receive is extra time on exams, and maybe some scholarship/grant money depending on the state, plus some prescription medications that can help them to help them focus, and often to help with anxiety.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I love the people in this thread who clearly have no idea what they're talking about and have evidently had zero exposure to people with learning disabilities and think that they're all treated the same way apparently. Claiborne's disability would not have resulted in him being coddled at all. They don't put people with his disability in special needs classes. The only benefit they receive is extra time on exams, and maybe some scholarship/grant money depending on the state, plus some prescription medications that can help them to help them focus, and often to help with anxiety.
Or they have a reader.

The ingnorance in this thread is incredible.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Or they have a reader.

The ingnorance in this thread is incredible.
This post is exploding with so much irony that it's killing me.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't see this hurting Claiborne's stock in the lack of top 10 talented defensive players in this draft. No way he falls out the top 10, Tampa and Carolina are both great fits.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I honestly don't see this hurting Claiborne's stock in the lack of top 10 talented defensive players in this draft. No way he falls out the top 10, Tampa and Carolina are both great fits.
I agree. He's too damn good. It's just a red flag that he may be Forrest, Forrest Gump.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft formula for drafting DBs:

Take their Wonderlic score and add the numerical value of the first pick in the round you expect them to be drafted in = their approximate draft position.

Claiborne: 4+1 = 5 (Bucs)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Draft formula for drafting DBs:

Take their Wonderlic score and add the numerical value of the first pick in the round you expect them to be drafted in = their approximate draft position.

Claiborne: 4+1 = 5 (Bucs)
Genius. (10 char)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I agree. He's too damn good. It's just a red flag that he may be Forrest, Forrest Gump.
*shrug* JPP struggles to even get to Forrest Gump, he seems to do alright for himself.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...est-score.html

Quote:
Report earlier today stated that LSU cornerback Mo Claiborne scored a 4 on the Wonderlic test at the Combine. When a player scores that low itís an obvious red flag and clubs have to do their research on the player. Personally, I feel the league should find out who leaked the score and fire the individual. There are some things that should be kept private and this is one of them. Letís look at the process.

When Claiborne came out of high school, the schools that recruited him knew he had a learning disability. I donít know much about his disability other than it has to do with reading. Everyone I have talked to tells me that Claiborne has great character and is a great kid. He knows and understands his disability and uses all the resources that LSU has available to control it and to help him get by in the classroom. When it comes to football he puts in extra time to learn and understand his assignments and it is not a problem. Will he need reps? Probably, but no more than the usual rookie would need. In saying that, Claiborneís test score was NOT a true indicator of his intelligence. He can and does learn.

Claiborne is expected to be drafted in the top 5 of this monthís NFL Draft. What I suspect happened is a club drafting after 5 leaked the test score to try and scare off teams in the top 5 from drafting Claiborne. The clubs have known the results of these scores for weeks. If they had any questions about a player's ability to learn they have had plenty of time to do their research to feel if they are comfortable with drafting Claiborne.

The team leaking the score is hoping that the public backlash for drafting a player with such a low score will scare them off. Unfortunately, this is dirty pool but it often happens this time of year in the NFL. Just remember, if you start to hear a lot of negative things about some highly rated players in the next few weeks, itís because a team who drafts later in the round wants the player to drop so they can have an opportunity to select him.
Teams will go that far to get a top player to drop to them instead of trading up. I understand it's a business, but leaking someone's private issues, that never seemed to have an effect on his football abilities and productivity on the field, is classless.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Teams will go that far to get a top player to drop to them instead of trading up. I understand it's a business, but leaking someone's private issues, that never seemed to have an effect on his football abilities and productivity on the field, is classless.
He means they leaked the score, not the learning disability.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh please let him fall to 8!!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

That's the stupidest strategy possible.

Every team knows he got a 4 on his Wonderlic so how does leaking it change the fact that every team knows?

That's like rumoring that someone failed a drug test at the Combine...

edit: When does a team actually do something that they take the public's reaction into account? Other than Mike Vick.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He means they leaked the score, not the learning disability.
Think he means leaking the score, and thus exposing the learning disability, is playing dirty with a kid's reputation for business purposes.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let him fall to 30 haha

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bigger story to me isn't the correalation between his score and his learning disability but how the F*** he got into LSU in the first place.

My god are their standards so low it's easier to get into than a community college??
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Think he means leaking the score, and thus exposing the learning disability, is playing dirty with a kid's reputation for business purposes.
that's an indirect correalation they never mentioned.

That's like saying it exposed his parents' marital problems at home.

Parents fighting = neglect = not spending enough time teaching him = low score on wonderlic.

shame on the nfl for exposing his problems at home.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
that's an indirect correalation they never mentioned.

That's like saying it exposed his parents' marital problems at home.

Parents fighting = neglect = not spending enough time teaching him = low score on wonderlic.

shame on the nfl for exposing his problems at home.
You think a learning disability and a poor test score is an indirect correlation? People are talking about a learning disability because the low test score came out. It's a test you take by yourself (reading the directions) and if you have a reading problem it's going to manifest itself. No one is saying he'd be a genius if not for some or other problem, but being that a 4 basically categorizes you as mentally handicapped, it bears mentioning he's had issues before, and they've been diagnosed. So there's a context to work within there.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
You think a learning disability and a poor test score is an indirect correlation? People are talking about a learning disability because the low test score came out. It's a test you take by yourself (reading the directions) and if you have a reading problem it's going to manifest itself. No one is saying he'd be a genius if not for some or other problem, but being that a 4 basically categorizes you as mentally handicapped, it bears mentioning he's had issues before, and they've been diagnosed. So there's a context to work within there.
regardless they never implied it. also, the nfl has every right to release information like this as well as players that failed PED tests. It's their business.

EDIT: could also be they didn't know.

happens more than you would think.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've lost all faith in SWDC after this thread.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I've lost all faith in SWDC after this thread.
How did you last this long?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote