Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Claiborne scored a FOUR on his Wonderlic test?

That is dangerously stupid. Itís a wonder Claiborne can run and remember to bite down to keep his mouthpiece in at the same time.

Not really sure how stupid a FOUR makes Claiborne, but generally speaking, stupid people donít make particularly good NFL players and do stupid things. Vince Young was laughed at for getting a SIX, but a FOUR? Iíve never heard of a score so low.

All the more reason to trade down and nab Kuechly if for no other reason that we donít have to hire an additional staff member to continually follow Claiborne around on the sideline and around the facility to wipe drool from his chin.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
That is dangerously stupid. Itís a wonder Claiborne can run and remember to bite down to keep his mouthpiece in at the same time.

Not really sure how stupid a FOUR makes Claiborne, but generally speaking, stupid people donít make particularly good NFL players and do stupid things. Vince Young was laughed at for getting a SIX, but a FOUR? Iíve never heard of a score so low.

All the more reason to trade down and nab Kuechly if for no other reason that we donít have to hire an additional staff member to continually follow Claiborne around on the sideline and around the facility to wipe drool from his chin.
Thing that concerns me is , he never sounded that dumb in interviews and during the interviews at the combine, scouts were extremely impressed. I'm waiting for more info to confirm this , but right now I won't make judgement.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just went back and watched some interviews and he certainly doesn't seem like a dumb guy. He conducted himself well and seemed to have his head on straight.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Wow, that is pretty shocking if true. I wonder how much sway this will have in his stock.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be worried guys. I brought it up elsewhere, but with our hiring of Ron Cooper we have plenty of inside scoop on Claiborne. Cooper would know better than any how capable Mo is of learning a new defense or any other intellectual challenge he might face in the NFL. I'd me more worried about whether the stupidity will affect his off-field behaviour.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...est-score.html

He has a learning disability that was well known by college recruiters when he came out of high school.

Whoever released this was a scum bag, because his productivity didn't seem to lack much due to his so called "stupidity".
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corner isn't a very demanding position for intelligence. The assignments aren't complex, before the ball is snapped he knows what his job is. It's not like a WR on New England that routes change based on the defense.

Corner is about instincts and technique.

Last edited by Bucs_Rule : 04-03-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Like the one poster said, my biggest concern, if he is really that stupid, would be stupid things off the field.

What I don't get is if he test sooooo freaking poorly, why didn't he just guess on every answer? It was my understanding that the test is multiple choice and if it is like most multiple choice tests, a person has a 25% chance of getting each question right. If this is the case, a person could guess A or B on every single question and the odds are pretty good that the person will score a 12 or 13 on the test just due to the odds of getting 25% of the questions right. Considering there's 12 minutes to complete the test, a player could conceivably guess on the harder questions and make educated guesses on the others and get a much better score.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like the one poster said, my biggest concern, if he is really that stupid, would be stupid things off the field.

What I don't get is if he test sooooo freaking poorly, why didn't he just guess on every answer? It was my understanding that the test is multiple choice and if it is like most multiple choice tests, a person has a 25% chance of getting each question right. If this is the case, a person could guess A or B on every single question and the odds are pretty good that the person will score a 12 or 13 on the test just due to the odds of getting 25% of the questions right. Considering there's 12 minutes to complete the test, a player could conceivably guess on the harder questions and make educated guesses on the others and get a much better score.
Get your logic and common sense bs outta here!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:

He has a learning disability, which is said to affect his reading abilities. He's a slow reader so what. He probably was one of those students that took his time and was the last to finish his exams. That's not a problem. A lot of people have that.

But that doesn't have anything to do with his intelligence.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Okay, I'm only an English teacher. I'm pretty sure I know a hell of a lot more about students with disabilities and slow readers than you. Being a slow reader DOES have a lot to do with intelligence. And if he's stupid enough to take his time on a 12 minute multiple choice question then perhaps he earned his score of FOUR.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okay, I'm only an English teacher. I'm pretty sure I know a hell of a lot more about students with disabilities and slow readers than you. Being a slow reader DOES have a lot to do with intelligence. And if he's stupid enough to take his time on a 12 minute multiple choice question then perhaps he earned his score of FOUR.
He doesn't seem unintelligent when he speaks in interviews or in front of the media. He was very impressive at the combine with team interviews as well.

I think people are making too much of a big deal and one team that wants him and doesn't have a shot at him, leaked this to see if he falls. Heck how do we even know if the 4 is 100% true?

Apparently, someone leaked a story Dan Marino had failed drug tests, which weren't true, and that worked and dropped him towards the end of round 1. He also scored a 16 on the wonderlic test, which should be a "RED FLAG" when playing the QB position.

Glaine Gabbert scored in the 40s. He sucks and no one would take him. AJ green had a 10. Bet the Bengals aren't regretting that decision.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He doesn't seem unintelligent when he speaks in interviews or in front of the media. He was very impressive at the combine with team interviews as well.

I think people are making too much of a big deal and one team that wants him and doesn't have a shot at him, leaked this to see if he falls. Heck how do we even know if the 4 is 100% true?

Apparently, someone leaked a story Dan Marino had failed drug tests, which weren't true, and that worked and dropped him towards the end of round 1. He also scored a 16 on the wonderlic test, which should be a "RED FLAG" when playing the QB position.

Glaine Gabbert scored in the 40s. He sucks and no one would take him. AJ green had a 10. Bet the Bengals aren't regretting that decision.
As I've stated before, he doesn't SEEM stupid and that's why I wonder if there were testing irregularities or if the score is inaccurate. A FOUR on a test such as the Wonderlic suggests a person can't spell their own name. There's 12 minutes to answer 50 multiple choice questions. If he could only get FOUR questions right then LSU needs to be investigated for academic fraud, plain and simple.

As for the leak comparisons, Calvin Johnson had a similar leak when he came out. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs or a team in the bottom half of the top 10 leaked that info in hopes that he would drop.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

BTW, the jury is still out on "Glaine" Gabbert. For the record, his rookie rating of 65.4 was about 5 points higher than Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman and considering the WRs he had to throw to, that's not bad. Considering he threw 12 TDs to only 11 INTs, he has ENOUGH ability that provided he can get over his difficulties in the pocket, he has a lot to work with.

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 (I believe) and he certainly seems to be pretty smart with the football on Sundays, though I'm not sure what 50 multiple choice questions in 12 minutes has to do with 4 downs, 10 yards, 100 yard fields, 15 minute quarters, and 6 points for TDs... but the NFL folks wouldn't still be using it if it served ZERO purpose.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
BTW, the jury is still out on "Glaine" Gabbert. For the record, his rookie rating of 65.4 was about 5 points higher than Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman and considering the WRs he had to throw to, that's not bad. Considering he threw 12 TDs to only 11 INTs, he has ENOUGH ability that provided he can get over his difficulties in the pocket, he has a lot to work with.

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48 (I believe) and he certainly seems to be pretty smart with the football on Sundays, though I'm not sure what 50 multiple choice questions in 12 minutes has to do with 4 downs, 10 yards, 100 yard fields, 15 minute quarters, and 6 points for TDs... but the NFL folks wouldn't still be using it if it served ZERO purpose.
Did you watch Blaine play... He sucks... Like, a lot...

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Are you kidding me? I watched every snap against the Bucs, he was awesome! Of course we did that with every QB. He had a lot of good plays on tape, other than against us. He also had a lot of bad plays... however, he had enough good plays that he definitely showed he could play a little. He still has excellent size, great arm, good athleticism. At this stage in his career he resembles young David Carr than anybody else but with the right coaching and some good receiving weapons he may still turn out to be pretty good.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Off the top of my head, the only QB the Bucs haven't made look good in the past 3 seasons was Troy Smith. I don't think they let him back in the league after we shut him out in 2010. Jimmy Clausen didn't look good either... so Carolina replaced him, twice. Heck, we revived Chris Redman's career. Moral? Crush the Bucs or you're out of a job.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I watched every snap against the Bucs, he was awesome! Of course we did that with every QB. He had a lot of good plays on tape, other than against us. He also had a lot of bad plays... however, he had enough good plays that he definitely showed he could play a little. He still has excellent size, great arm, good athleticism. At this stage in his career he resembles young David Carr than anybody else but with the right coaching and some good receiving weapons he may still turn out to be pretty good.
Blaine Gabbert was a scared little boy back in the pocket who hurried throws even when he wasn't pressured. He created his own pressure in a way and TOO MANY balls hit the dirt.

He played our team when we pretty much hung it up for the year. That was the only game he looked solid in.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He still has excellent size, great arm, good athleticism. At this stage in his career he resembles young David Carr than anybody else but with the right coaching and some good receiving weapons he may still turn out to be pretty good.
Greg Olson is his QBs coach.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Greg Olson is his QBs coach.
As long as he's not calling the plays, it doesn't matter. Olsen coached Brees, he knows the QB position.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Blaine Gabbert was a scared little boy back in the pocket who hurried throws even when he wasn't pressured. He created his own pressure in a way and TOO MANY balls hit the dirt.

He played our team when we pretty much hung it up for the year. That was the only game he looked solid in.
Hey, I'm not discounting what you're saying. I'm just saying that he is a young guy with a lot of tools and there is plenty of time to turn it around. The knock on Gabbert coming out of college is pretty much exactly what you are saying about him now, Obviously those are the areas he needs to improve upon most. But regardless, he's still smart, works hard, and has a ton of physical tools to work with. Unfortunately I see a lot of David Carr in him, but I also see a possible career path like Alex Smith (which not a really good thing). If he gets it under control I can see him being a bigger version of Jeff Garcia who had many of the same mental traits but due to good coaching and the know-how of how to play the game, became a very good starting QB in the NFL despite his less than stellar physical tools.

Don't write him off yet, he won't even be 23 until October and technically, if he had redshirted, he would be going into his 5th year as a senior this year. He's much further along in his development than many excellent NFL QBs were at a similar age.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
As long as he's not calling the plays, it doesn't matter. Olsen coached Brees, he knows the QB position.
Are you saying Arrelious Benn on an end around is a bad thing? You're right though, Olsen has worked with a lot of good QBs and has done some good things, allegedly, when he wasn't calling plays.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hey, I'm not discounting what you're saying. I'm just saying that he is a young guy with a lot of tools and there is plenty of time to turn it around. The knock on Gabbert coming out of college is pretty much exactly what you are saying about him now, Obviously those are the areas he needs to improve upon most. But regardless, he's still smart, works hard, and has a ton of physical tools to work with. Unfortunately I see a lot of David Carr in him, but I also see a possible career path like Alex Smith (which not a really good thing). If he gets it under control I can see him being a bigger version of Jeff Garcia who had many of the same mental traits but due to good coaching and the know-how of how to play the game, became a very good starting QB in the NFL despite his less than stellar physical tools.

Don't write him off yet, he won't even be 23 until October and technically, if he had redshirted, he would be going into his 5th year as a senior this year. He's much further along in his development than many excellent NFL QBs were at a similar age.
Thing is, when you're scared back there in the pocket, that usually is very, very difficult to get over or improve upon. Look what happened to David Carr. He hurried throws even when there was no pressure. He isn't calm in the pocket. He's afraid of pressure it seems, which is something that isn't really a good sign moving forward.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thing is, when you're scared back there in the pocket, that usually is very, very difficult to get over or improve upon. Look what happened to David Carr. He hurried throws even when there was no pressure. He isn't calm in the pocket. He's afraid of pressure it seems, which is something that isn't really a good sign moving forward.
No, it's not easy to improve upon this problem. Very few problems at this position are. One thing is for certain, however, it will be far easier for Gabbert to inprove upon this problem than it will be: for Kellen Moore to improve upon his arm strength and size, Russell Wilson's height, Ryan Mallet's feet, and John Elway's broken old body. And I'm sure the Jaguars will invest in every opportunity they can in order to improve Gabbert's comfortability in the pocket.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's insane to think that the top rated cb coming out, who also happened to start for one of the best teams in the nation and played in arguably the best conference in the nation is all of a sudden too stupid to play football. If the wonderlic was the greatest way to evaluate NFL talent like some people make it out to be then ryan fitzpatrick who scored a perfect 50 on the wonderlic would be the greatest qb in NFL history. This is the latest example why Goodell wants to stop teams from revealing wonderlic scores.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote