Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-05-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I hear what you're saying about Kendricks, but when you watch the 2 play side by side you can tell from their initial read steps that their responsibilities are nothing alike. Plus, Kendricks gets to blitz 5+ times a game, and that can really misconstrue the amount of *impact* plays someone is perceived of making.
That's fair.

Quote:
You say you want an impact player, but in the same sentence you mention a guard and another LB. Kuechly is an impact player and is the best LB prospect since Willis.
Right - impact player, not impact position. People are saying Kuechly's the best since Willis, and I'm just kinda thinking, "But... Willis amazed me in college..." Looking at what the guys in question can do, I've felt for awhile that they offered a little more. Not afraid of being wrong, though. That game agains Miami was probably the best game of Kuechly's I've seen now (I've probably seen 4 or so). It's possible I've managed to watch the best of Kendricks (also watched about 4 or 5 games) while missing some of the subtleties of Kuechly's game. He does tackle very well in space, and I was impressed to see him run away from Travis Benjamin for that INT touchdown. Just not super stoked about him. But I'll just be clear about this - I don't think he'll bust or anything. It's literally more a matter of choosing which player the team ought to pick at 12. Kuechly wouldn't be a stupid pick, there's just other things I'd rather do. Like trade down.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-05-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone wants to trade down every year unless they're sitting there with a franchise QB or something.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the rumor about them trading down to get hightower means they are taking kuechly

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the rumor about them trading down to get hightower means they are taking kuechly
That was my take as well. The article read "we'll do anything to avoid taking Kuechly". Pretty weak smoke IMO but it's that time of year...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Kuechly even makes it to Seattle
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWills View Post
I dont think Kuechly even makes it to Seattle
good then we can take hutchinson 2.0
Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needled24_7 View Post
good then we can take hutchinson 2.0
And if DeCastro is gone?
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Everyone wants to trade down every year unless they're sitting there with a franchise QB or something.
Usually I would Agree with you. Trading is diminishing returns. But in Seattle's case they have a case to trade down especially if Tannehill/Coples are off the board. Not a lot of needs and there is no high upside talent that deserves picking that high.

As for Kuechly I like him but do you really take a guy with his skillset at 12? Especially with a LB class as deep as 2009? Sean Lee is very very similar to him and Dallas took him in the second round. You can get a very good player but I am just not sure its a premium position.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
mjo116
Rookie

mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.mjo116 could make a wolverine purr.

id go with Decastro, he is gonna be a beast. But honestly i hope the niners trade up to get him.
mjo116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mostly asking Cardinals and Bucs (and Titans) followers: how should the signings of Deuce Lutui and Barrett Ruud affect the way they think about DeCastro and Kuechly, respectively? Deuce started a lot of games, but none last year and I'd be curious as to why that was, if he just got beat out of a spot or if something else was going on. Ruud's had some tackle numbers, but I've always sort of been under the impression that's all people think he is... a tackler. Not real strong at the point of attack, doesn't have any incredible skills but makes quite a few tackles 5 or 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. And if I'm not mistaken, he tore his ACL last year, so there's that.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:34 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Mostly asking Cardinals and Bucs (and Titans) followers: how should the signings of Deuce Lutui and Barrett Ruud affect the way they think about DeCastro and Kuechly, respectively? Deuce started a lot of games, but none last year and I'd be curious as to why that was, if he just got beat out of a spot or if something else was going on. Ruud's had some tackle numbers, but I've always sort of been under the impression that's all people think he is... a tackler. Not real strong at the point of attack, doesn't have any incredible skills but makes quite a few tackles 5 or 7 yards past the line of scrimmage. And if I'm not mistaken, he tore his ACL last year, so there's that.
I have seen some Ruud games. He sucks. Classic pile jumper. I'll be really surprised if he makes the team. Lutui's depth too. I don't think it really should change their draft plans.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deuce is average when he is in shape which is never and I wouldn't expect him to make your roster most likely pushing 450 right now without Jon Lott riding his ass

If you get beat out by Rex Hadnot you shouldn't be in the NFL.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Usually I would Agree with you. Trading is diminishing returns. But in Seattle's case they have a case to trade down especially if Tannehill/Coples are off the board. Not a lot of needs and there is no high upside talent that deserves picking that high.

As for Kuechly I like him but do you really take a guy with his skillset at 12? Especially with a LB class as deep as 2009? Sean Lee is very very similar to him and Dallas took him in the second round. You can get a very good player but I am just not sure its a premium position.
Sean Lee fell into the second round because of injury concerns.... had he been healthy throughout his college career he would have been a top 20 lock.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not getting what those two signings mean. To me Deuce may have an impact on their draft (slight) but if Barrett Ruud is the answer to any question then i'd say God help them. Ruud might be a one or two down player, certainly not the potential everydown impact of a Luke Kuechly. I can see i'm setting myself up to be very annoyed on draft day.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The drop off in what had the makings of an elite linebacker group is pretty shocking. I don't think the NFCW is a place to be successful without a solid group considering the running backs that they will face and there aren't any receiving groups in the division that demand significant attention to put a defence in dime packages very often so the backers will be on the field a lot and are a pretty good investment.

So linebacker would be my choice for them and I wouldn't move Chancellor except possibly as a situational role.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not getting what those two signings mean. To me Deuce may have an impact on their draft (slight) but if Barrett Ruud is the answer to any question then i'd say God help them. Ruud might be a one or two down player, certainly not the potential everydown impact of a Luke Kuechly. I can see i'm setting myself up to be very annoyed on draft day.
This is pretty close to my feeling. We're sitting here for the last few months thinking guard and linebacker are a couple of our biggest draft needs... then they bring in a guard and linebacker, both fairly young, both with a lot of starting experience. But both of them were pretty mediocre-to-bad as starters. Lutui has a reputation as a food balloon, and Ruud is a guy who can't do anything but tackle. Does this mean they'll feel justified in passing on DeCastro or a top LB? Worries me a little, because both of these players are pretty established vets who the coaching staff has to expect to compete for starting spots, or I can't imagine they'd have brought them in. Kind of the way I felt about Tarvaris Jackson last year. Carroll's saying, "Yeah, he's athletic, and hasn't really had a shot yet and we're excited about the competition we have at QB." And you, as a fan, are just kinda like, "...What? You've seen Tarvaris Jackson play, right? It's not like he hasn't seen the field." And then he started the season for us, and pretty much single-handedly established the notion that the Seahawks are a good quarterback away from a playoff run.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

1. DeCastro
2. Kendricks
3. Polk

a man can dream
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by needled24_7 View Post
1. DeCastro
2. Kendricks
3. Polk

a man can dream
While we're at it, this is my Seahawks Dream Draft:

Andrew Luck falls to us in the first.

David DeCastro makes it to our second pick.

Trent Richardson in the third!

That'd be dope.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While we're at it, this is my Seahawks Dream Draft:

Andrew Luck falls to us in the first.

David DeCastro makes it to our second pick.

Trent Richardson in the third!

That'd be dope.
I think the closest you might get to this is Tannehill/Zeitler/Turbin. Not a bad take...
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Seattle getting DeCastro, they want to run the ball and he will greatly help them do that and become a more physical team.

Then I have them getting Lindley in the 2nd but true he might not be there, if not they could get Osweiler or Weeden in the 2nd.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure it's significant but Seattle has signed Barrett Ruud, Matt McCoy and Leroy Hill to bolster what was a non existant linebacking crew. I'd say that is quite a threesome to draw to. Not sure if this puts an end to their interest in Luke Kuechly but it might. I'd just say if that's their answer to their lb woes i'd say they're in for a long year.

On a sidenote, how many times does Leroy Hill have to smack some woman around before they give up on him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Stubbs
Rookie

Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.Stubbs is so money.

The perfect player to me for Seattle is Courtney Upshaw. I know his stock has been dropping lately but I think it would be an ideal situation for him. Carroll likes versatile guys he can move all around the field and his defense is based around stopping the run and making plays in the backfield. Upshaw could do exactly that as a LB and move to DE on obvious passing downs and be a 3 down player.

KJ Wright is versatile in that he can play outside or inside incase we want to draft another LB in the second, and if not then Leroy Hill is capable of starting and is a nice little stop gap, and Upshaw would complete a pretty decent LB corps in addition to helping the pass rush.

Don't look too far into the Ruud and Lutui signings, they got one year, vet minimum deals and won't be looked at to do much more then provide depth and maybe a little competition.

Last edited by Stubbs : 04-14-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
For me they are sort of in a sweet spot in that they can take the BPA from a group that fill some serious needs.

Michael Floyd
David Decastro
Luke Kuechly
Melvin Ingram

i'd only add that they're down to one LB of any note, and not much at that, in K.J. Wright. My choice is pretty clear.
Of those 4 deCastro is a no brainer. Kuechly fits very well with their base defense, plus he is a coach on the field. Given their need, he would not surprise me. Ingram is well back IMO and I am not a fan of Floyd.

That being said, you can get top drawer Mikes on day 2, and Sams even later. Drafting one guy to patch around makes some sense, like New England did with Mayo, but I would address line issues first.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David DeCastro, Fletcher Cox, Quinton Coples, and Luke Kuechly would all be good picks.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

They re-signed Leroy Hill, who's kind of an idiot but is a starter when he's on the field, and I think K.J. Wright can probably play in the middle. I'm intrigued to see if Malcolm Smith can be a player on the weak side, but he might be too small. It'd be a good idea to bring in some linebacker talent through the draft, but I'm not sure it's the dire need people are making it out to be. They were no-namers last year, too. Guys I like the best at 12 are DeCastro, Ingram, and Floyd. That's probably my top three who could reasonably be expected to be on the board. I think Tannehill will be gone, but if he was there we've got a really good situation to bring in a project QB with high upside. Team doesn't really have a whole lot of weaknesses and is pretty solid across the board. What they need to do is continue injecting talent, so I just want the best player on the board whenever our turns come around.