Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I really disagree with this statement. If anything, overspending is kinda brushed off by most without realising that seldom is it a good thing to do.

I say this with no real knowledge of contract situations within the Bills, but what happens in a few years when Kyle Williams and Dareus need resigned? With all the money invested in Mario Williams, is it smart to put so much money into a certain part of your team?

This kinda sounds silly, but having a team of elite players is almost more of a detriment than a blessing. Playing in the salary cap era you need to prioritise your money.

Not to keep going on, but if you look at the best teams, they don't make huge splashes in FA. GB never do, Pittsburgh, New England, NYG etc. The reason being is, if you spend big on one player and he doesn't pan out then you set the franchise back five years at least.

Good teams are built with a few elite players, good to average starters and good, quality depth. Overspending on any one player takes away your ability to build quality depth.
I don't disagree with you very much but IMO QB and DL are the two most important areas to invest. Only after that come DBs, WRs and OL, respectively. So if you're going to build your DL or get that QB the cost is over-stated. Just like Peyton was a great signing regardless of cost so was Mario. The Bills pass rush was awful, with Mario and those DTs it's much easier for them to bring in some young talent to groom and be patient with while having a good line for this kids to step in and contribute to.

The giants went out and signed Plax, McKenzie, Canty, O'Hara, Baas, Pierce, Boley, Rolle. Yes you don't want to build a team full of FAs, but bringing in the right FAs to fill holes you can't in the draft is by no means a sign of doom, and finding a #1 pass rusher who could give you the impact Mario will would be very tough for the Bills to do if they only looked to this draft as there isn't anybody I think will be great as a rookie, some guys could be great down the road and others could be great for a rookie, but no one will be great as a rookie.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-08-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD
I really disagree with this statement. If anything, overspending is kinda brushed off by most without realising that seldom is it a good thing to do.

I say this with no real knowledge of contract situations within the Bills, but what happens in a few years when Kyle Williams and Dareus need resigned? With all the money invested in Mario Williams, is it smart to put so much money into a certain part of your team?

This kinda sounds silly, but having a team of elite players is almost more of a detriment than a blessing. Playing in the salary cap era you need to prioritise your money.

Not to keep going on, but if you look at the best teams, they don't make huge splashes in FA. GB never do, Pittsburgh, New England, NYG etc. The reason being is, if you spend big on one player and he doesn't pan out then you set the franchise back five years at least.

Good teams are built with a few elite players, good to average starters and good, quality depth. Overspending on any one player takes away your ability to build quality depth.
Williams is signed for the next 5 years, already. 3 more for Dareus.

And what would you prefer the Bills do? This isn't a team that "makes big splashes" very often. Hell, they get ridiculed for doing just the opposite. But they knew what their top need was, recognized that they weren't going to get a premier pass rusher in the draft this year, and went out and got the top free agent who fills their biggest need and is aided by the existing strength of the team. I just don't see it as a bad move. I think it fits in fine with how we've been building our team. Over the past two years we've been re-signing seemingly important players (K. Williams, Stevie, Florence, Fitzpatrick), bringing in quality players (Barnett, Anderson), making shrewd acquisitions (Pears, Chandler), and we still can make the move for an elite player that we really do need. Our last draft looks pretty awesome, as well, and that's going to be the most important thing to keep up moving forward. The biggest problem I can see in the current building is if you don't think Fitzpatrick can take us anywhere, but that's another well-documented argument altogether.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really like what KC did. If they can just grab a NT or 5 tech in the draft, a WR and if they just had a qb, they'd be a dangerous team.
I think we're set at WR (Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin) but I do agree about NT and 5tech. And of course QB. Dorsey is going to be a FA next year and I'd be shocked if they decided to keep him on the roster. Tyson Jackson is owed $14m after next year too so if he doesn't restructure that he won't be around either. Both are really good at run stopping but offer nothing as pass rushers, so 5tech is pretty important.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Williams is signed for the next 5 years, already. 3 more for Dareus.

And what would you prefer the Bills do? This isn't a team that "makes big splashes" very often. Hell, they get ridiculed for doing just the opposite. But they knew what their top need was, recognized that they weren't going to get a premier pass rusher in the draft this year, and went out and got the top free agent who fills their biggest need and is aided by the existing strength of the team. I just don't see it as a bad move. I think it fits in fine with how we've been building our team. Over the past two years we've been re-signing seemingly important players (K. Williams, Stevie, Florence, Fitzpatrick), bringing in quality players (Barnett, Anderson), making shrewd acquisitions (Pears, Chandler), and we still can make the move for an elite player that we really do need. Our last draft looks pretty awesome, as well, and that's going to be the most important thing to keep up moving forward. The biggest problem I can see in the current building is if you don't think Fitzpatrick can take us anywhere, but that's another well-documented argument altogether.
I'd be happy with another decade of mediocrity but thats the Pats fan in me talking

Really though, I wasn't specifically saying just about the Bills pick up of Williams. In many ways, some that you mentioned it is a very good get. Not only does the defensive line become a real strength but even off the field he will put people in seats and let's be honest, he helps people sit up and take notice of the Bills.

I just think that taking that gamble on one player can really hold a team back unless he becomes a dominant player.

The QB situation is obviously a big thing. It is easier to take an approach like the Packers when you have a great QB, however as you mentioned Fitzpatrick may or may not be the guy.

Personally I stand by saying overspending is not a good thing to do. I can understand why teams do it every year, and I can understand why Bills fans have quite a bit of optimism heading into the season. However, if you look through the teams who made big splashes in the last decade, it's hard to find many who have had consistent, prolonged success.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hands down best move: signing peyton and trading tebow.
And today, on homer corner..

Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be happy with another decade of mediocrity but thats the Pats fan in me talking

Really though, I wasn't specifically saying just about the Bills pick up of Williams. In many ways, some that you mentioned it is a very good get. Not only does the defensive line become a real strength but even off the field he will put people in seats and let's be honest, he helps people sit up and take notice of the Bills.

I just think that taking that gamble on one player can really hold a team back unless he becomes a dominant player.

The QB situation is obviously a big thing. It is easier to take an approach like the Packers when you have a great QB, however as you mentioned Fitzpatrick may or may not be the guy.

Personally I stand by saying overspending is not a good thing to do. I can understand why teams do it every year, and I can understand why Bills fans have quite a bit of optimism heading into the season. However, if you look through the teams who made big splashes in the last decade, it's hard to find many who have had consistent, prolonged success.
I dunno. Three of the past 4 superbowls have been one by teams that wouldn't have won without their big FA signings. For the giants 07 superbowl those where Plax, McKenzie, O'Hara, Canty and Pierce, the Saints it included Drew Brees, Jonathon Vilma, Jabari Greer and Darren Sharper, for the giants latest success that list included McKenzie, Baas, Canty, Boley and Rolle.

Over paying across the board is a bad idea and the Raiders and Redskins of the past decade re-iterate that fact, but making a few big moves for big pieces that fill holesis very important.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
And today, on homer corner..
He's right though. If it weren't for the age thing he'd be my number 1 pick over Mario as well.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno. Three of the past 4 superbowls have been one by teams that wouldn't have won without their big FA signings. For the giants 07 superbowl those where Plax, McKenzie, O'Hara, Canty and Pierce, the Saints it included Drew Brees, Jonathon Vilma, Jabari Greer and Darren Sharper, for the giants latest success that list included McKenzie, Baas, Canty, Boley and Rolle.

Over paying across the board is a bad idea and the Raiders and Redskins of the past decade re-iterate that fact, but making a few big moves for big pieces that fill holesis very important.
A lot of those FA signings though are similar to the type of signings that the Patriots make. Most of them are low risk type pick ups. Obviously Drew Brees is the name that stands out there, but at the time people did not know if he could still play. Hell Nick Saban chose Daunte Culpepper over him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A lot of those FA signings though are similar to the type of signings that the Patriots make. Most of them are low risk type pick ups. Obviously Drew Brees is the name that stands out there, but at the time people did not know if he could still play. Hell Nick Saban chose Daunte Culpepper over him.
Darren Sharper and Jonathon Vilma were the only ones of those guys that didn't get a huge deal in free agency to come join them. Brees was a risk but he still signed a big contract in FA ust like Mario Williams did.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty wasn't on the 07 team Rose.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Canty wasn't on the 07 team Rose.
Damnit man. Why you gotta do me like that, using your "facts" to point out my errors. Not cool bro.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't hate on the Bills for giving Mario Williams his contract.

Hate on the Bills for giving Mark Anderson his contract.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Don't hate on the Bills for giving Mario Williams his contract.

Hate on the Bills for giving Mark Anderson his contract.
Eh, for a season or two he could luck his way into enough sucks playing next to Mario-Dareus-Kyle. They do need to take a guy in the third to groom into that other starter, but Mark Anderson might just produce enough that it's not even a bad contract. I know he sucks, but he's not terrible at getting easy sacks, which is what they need from him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just happy we got all 11 guys back on Defense
Old 04-08-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Just happy we got all 11 guys back on Defense
For the 49ers, this was the most important thing to do in FA (that and add at least 1 WR who can make plays, which i'm hoping one of Moss/Manningham can do). If Perrish Cox can stay out of trouble that can be a big steal too. Now we're set to go BPA in the draft which is great for our team. None of the rookies need to be forced into a early role either.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-08-2012 at 04:43 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hey, i've gone 6 years without a homer post. i'm allowed one!
Fair enough sir!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hutch and Wimbley are ok enough signings but I was kinda expecting maybe one or two more mid range signings by the Titans, on the DL, LB or at CB.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with my guys...pretty damn stoked about the trade for Demeco Ryans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Gotta go with my guys...pretty damn stoked about the trade for Demeco Ryans.
LB was a glaring hole that needed to be fixed, & Ryans was an MVP in Houston.

Liking Brodney Pool as the new Dallas FS, like it even more if they got him some help in the secondary in the draft. I've never been a Sensabaugh fan.

Last edited by jojo : 04-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders found 2 starting CB's for this season, while DVD and Chekwa get a full off season to improve. Also signed veteran RG Mike Breisel, who is a perfect fit for the new ZBS. My underrated signing for the Raiders has to be Dave Tollefson, who will give us a much needed boost at pass rush from DE and sometimes even DT.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really like what KC did. If they can just grab a NT or 5 tech in the draft, a WR and if they just had a qb, they'd be a dangerous team.
You must have missed the signing of Brady Quinn.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning easily best signing, close second being BLloyd. Third Hillis. Can't really say which is the worst right now, but i think LRobinson will fall off.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Raiders found 2 starting CB's for this season, while DVD and Chekwa get a full off season to improve. Also signed veteran RG Mike Breisel, who is a perfect fit for the new ZBS. My underrated signing for the Raiders has to be Dave Tollefson, who will give us a much needed boost at pass rush from DE and sometimes even DT.
I like Oakland's FO and think they're heading in the right direction. If they had more premium picks (aka their 1st through 3rd rounders) i might have even predicted them as a darkhorse to win their division or make a wildcard. But the lack of picks can slow down a rebuilding process, even if you're going in the right direction. I also don't trust Palmer at all anymore, he's good for a lot of boneheaded turnovers.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams filled several holes

LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (from New Orleans)

CB Cortland Finnegan (from Tennessee)

DE William Hayes (from Tennessee)

DT Kendall Langford (from Miami)

DT Trevor Laws (from Philadelphia)

TE Matt Mulligan (from NY Jets)

G/T Quinn Ojinnaka (from Indianapolis)

WR Steve Smith (from Philadelphia)

G/C Robert Turner (from NY Jets)

C Scott Wells (from Green Bay
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Langford is a really talented player.