Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lord of the Rings Mafia TOWN WINS!

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

An evil plague is spreading in the west. Once thought to have been defeated, Sauron, the enemy of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, has returned. With mighty forces of evil at his command, it is only a matter of time before he covers all the lands with darkness.

Yet hope remains. Legend tells of a last alliance of Men and Elves uniting under one banner to march against the armies of Mordor, defeating Sauron on the slopes of Mount Doom. Evil however, was allowed to endure.

With Sauron returning, The Free Peoples must once again come together, unite as one, and bring Sauron and his forces down for good. But it will be more difficult than they know. Not only have Sauron's orcs multiplied... not only has his fortress of Barad Dur been rebuilt in the land of Mordor... but Saruman, Wizard of Isengard, has joined his side. With this union of the Two Towers, Sauron and Saruman threaten to rule this Middle Earth.

-- Do NOT PM each other. Automatic mod kill if caught doing so. Please report if someone does PM you.

-- All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before changing your vote. Don't use bold if it's not to lynch or unlynch.

-- Set your profile to invisible mode.

TOWN WINS!

Alive: 4
rob s
joejoebrown
caddy
grizz

Deceased:
TheBoyWonder [Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark] (Hunter) was lynched - Day 1
TACKLE [Meriadoc Brandybuck, Rohirrim Squire] (Sibling) was killed - Day 1
fenikz [Arwen, Fair Elf Maiden] (Jailkeeper) was killed - Night 1
OSUGiants [Samwise Gamee, Resolute Halfling] (Guard) was killed - Night 1
Rob S [Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim] (Doctor) was killed - Night 1
draftguru151 [Peregrin Took, Guard of Minas Tirith] (Sibling) committed suicide - Day 2
ngatachance92 [Lurtz, Servant of Saruman] (Vanguard) was lynched - Day 2
vidae [Theoden, King of the Golden Hall] (Motivator) was killed - Night 2
SuperMcGee
[Aragorn, Ranger of the North] (Role Cop)
was killed - Night 2
Rob S [Gandalf, The White Wizard] (???) returned - Day 3
Shane P. Hallam [Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood] (Tracker) was killed - Day 3
Bulldogs [The Mouth of Sauron] (Universal Backup turned Hunter) was lynched - Day 3
Renji [Treebeard, Guardian of Fangorn] (Two-Shot Bodyguard) was killed - Night 3
Todd Bertuzzi [Gothmog, Servant of the Eye] (Vanguard) was killed - Night 3
CJSchneider [Boromir, Lord of Gondor] (Two-Shot Honorable Vigilante) was killed - Night 3
Dr Gonzo [Saruman, Wizard of Isengard] (Governor) was lynched - day 4
Snicho [Galadriel, Lady of Light] (Seer) was killed - Night 4
Brodeur [Elrond, Lord of Rivendell] (Backup Doctor) was killed - Night 4
ATLDirtyBirds [The Balrog, Flame of Udun] (Serial Killer) was lynched - day 5
UKfan [Gollum, Treacherous Deceiver] (Serial Killer) was killed - Night 5
njx9 [The Witch King, Lord of the Nazgul] (Role Blocker) was lynched - day 6
DeepThreat [Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor] (Rolestopper) was killed - Night 6
ImBrotherCain [Sauron, The Dark Lord] (Bulletproof Role Cop) was lynched - day 7
CashMoneyDrew [Grima, Wormtongue] (Tailor) was lynched - day 8

Quote:
Table of Contents:
I. Day One Begins
> i. TBW is lynched, takes TACKLE down with him D1
II. Dawn of Day Two: Four Dead
> i. draftguru151 stabs himself to relieve the misery D2
> ii. ngatachance92 is decapitated D2
III. Dawn of Day Three: Kings of Men fall, Gandalf Returns
> i. CashMoneyDrew eludes lynching D3
> ii. Bulldogs is filled with arrows, stabs Shane P Hallam in the skull D3
IV. Dawn of Day Four: Domino Effect
> i. Gonzo's staff is broken, and his life is ended D4
V. Dawn of Day Five: The Time of the Elves is Over
> i. ATLDirtyBirds' flame is extinguished D5
VI. Dawn of Day Five: UKfan's time is up, precious!
> i. njx, Lord of the Nazgul, falls D6
VII. Dawn of Day Seven: Deepthreat no longer draws breath
> i. Cain, The enemy of the Free Peoples of Middle Earth, is destroyed
VIII. Game Over!
IX. Townie Roles
X. Mafia and Neutral Roles

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 04-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have my sword, and my word.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... kill D-Unit?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
So... kill D-Unit?
Or DG. Never trust a ginger.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody got any halflings leaf and if so, can one of yall hook a brother up?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, no-lynching IS allowed, unlike last game. Do what you wish.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

puff puff pass then we can have 2nd breakfast
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thisthisthisthis.
Also, never trust one not in favor of lynching a ginger.

Quote:
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With APS and D-Unit not in the game, this lynch becomes harder. I have never been a fan of no lynch just because I always like collection info but I am curious to hear what others think.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this, though it will be unpopular, but it doesn't appear to be against the rules. Not necessarily right now, Day 1, but once we get comfy, everyone revealing their characters isn't a bad thing. Make the bad guys think on their feet, take out the lowly characters and likely get an easy victory. Just something to keep in mind if we have some early success, but it has generally worked in themed games pretty well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
With APS and D-Unit not in the game, this lynch becomes harder. I have never been a fan of no lynch just because I always like collection info but I am curious to hear what others think.
I am adamantly against a no lynch.

Quote:
Quote:
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a fan of no-lynch either. Getting any information is better than getting no information.

That said, if we decide as a unit that we want to no-lynch I'll join in.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I'll say this, though it will be unpopular, but it doesn't appear to be against the rules. Not necessarily right now, Day 1, but once we get comfy, everyone revealing their characters isn't a bad thing. Make the bad guys think on their feet, take out the lowly characters and likely get an easy victory. Just something to keep in mind if we have some early success, but it has generally worked in themed games pretty well.
This works out well, but if too many members of the fellowship reveal themselves we could be in trouble.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, too few people to pull a no lynch.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have we ever tried this? I wouldnt mind trying it, if everyone else is alright with it.
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This works out well, but if too many members of the fellowship reveal themselves we could be in trouble.
Understood, but then it becomes a numbers game that we likely win.

Just something to keep in mind down the line. I've suggested it when I was good, I've suggested it when I was evil, it worked in Firefly, etc. It is a viable strategy when we get to 20 or so and have had some success.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doesn't mean that evil won't just make up a role that hasn't been claimed
Old 04-07-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Just something to keep in mind down the line. I've suggested it when I was good, I've suggested it when I was evil, it worked in Firefly, etc. It is a viable strategy when we get to 20 or so and have had some success.
I am against that for one reason: It would make the game less fun.

Quote:
Quote:
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

I think it's tough to pull of in the LOTR universe. So many awesome characters which aren't huge in the movies/books but I could easily see being in this game.

Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I mean I have never liked revealing roles and haven't done so in the past but if as a town we all agree to it I would have no problem with doing it. My only concern is major players like the fellowship will become immediate targets so ya, like Shane says, once there are less people and hopefully a few baddies killed we can revisit this.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shane is giving me suspicion here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This has a way of happening on it's own the longer the game goes own, so I might not object if it gets to a certain point. But planning to do it just seems... not fun.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what he is doing. He is suggesting a viable strategy which we should no doubt consider at some stage.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I understand why but Shane has been consistent in wanting to reveal roles. I would not hold that against the man.