Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kirkpatrick should get a chance to fail at CB first.

I really don't get what is so good about Harrison Smith. Guy should be a 3rd or 4th rounder...I like Barron, Iloka, and possibly Hardin better.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Not Ranked

Matt Daniels, Duke - did not see any Duke games this season and can't find any game tape

Brandon Hardin, Oregon St. - I no longer have 2010 tape of Oregon St.; missed the 2011 season

Janzen Jackson, McNeese St. - I no longer have any of Jackson's tape from Tennessee and can't find any from McNeese St.

Matt Merletti, North Carolina - upcoming!

Jerron McMillian, Maine - I wasn't able to find any tape of Maine

Sean Richardson, Vanderbilt - upcoming!
I can help you with 3 of these guys:

Matt Daniels is a downhill type guy who can hit. Limited experience in man coverage, looked OK when asked to do it. Perfect special teamer early in his career - just needs to get himself under control before the tackle - will go for the knockout shot.

Janzen Jackson might be as talented as any safety in this class. Former five star recruit at Tennessee. Saw him at McNeese State - showed excellent range, will get downhill and hit plus he can cover man to man (asked to do so mainly in goal line defense, but it's there). Off the field a different deal - more of a risk than Janoris Jenkins if one believes what's out there. If he wants it enough then he's a wonderful talent.

Jerron McMillian, Maine - only saw him the once against App State in the playoffs - just another guy for me, nothing special. UDFA.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My rankings:

1. Mark Barron - Alabama. Didn't impress me as much last year - looked more explosive this year.
2. Markelle Martin - Oklahoma State. Hasn't been healthy in the post season and stock has suffered, but I remember him from tape and that's where it counts.
3. Antonio Allen - South Carolina. Very active - Spur LB over the slot WR a bunch - long arms helped him get off those blocks easily.
4. George Iloka - Boise State. Big guy whose experience at CB late in the season is a major plus. Misses too many tackles and takes too many poor angles for me though.
5. Tony Dye - UCLA. More from 2010 tape - missed much of 2011 with a neck injury. Major medical question mark, but I'm not a doctor so he stays this high.
6. Trenton Robinson - Michigan State. A bit small - but former CB has coverage skills.
7. Phillip Thomas - Syracuse. Suspended for a year in November - decided to come out early. Active player with range.
8. Eddie Whitley - Virginia Tech. Smaller than ideal, but flashed an ability to read the QB and break on the ball nicely.
9. Duke Ihenacho - San Jose State. Big downhill thumper - won't be for everyone defensively, but will be on special teams.
10. Aaron Henry - Wisconsin. Too many poor angles for me - does have some coverage ability though.
11. Harrison Smith - Notre Dame. Makes me over rated top 5! Didn't make enough plays for me.
12. Brandon Taylor - LSU. Flash player - but didn't show up consistently enough.
13. Winston Guy - Kentucky. Old fashioned in the box SS - played OLB this year. Very active - has that certain something...

A few of the CB's might be safeties, but it depends on system:

Dre Kirkpatrick and Trumaine Johnson I love both of them - have the tools to be a press CB in a Cover-2 system.

One guy who I really like is LSU's 4th CB (!!) Ron Brooks. Reminds me some of Tyvon Branch coming out - linear athlete might be best suited to safety.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
hozren

Default My fantasy fooyball draft starts in 28.00 minutes but my countdown clock says it star

I think that the leaugue thinks I live on the east coast,am i going to miss myb draft?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Dre Kirkpatrick's "game" lends itself nicely to the safety position, but I'll be honest and say that I removed him from my safety rankings altogether because of his size. Earl Thomas was given pause by many last season and he has a compact frame carrying 208lbs. Kirkpatrick has a lanky frame carrying only 186lbs.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say there is one stud Safety in Barron, a top 15 type., 1 late 1st rounder to early 2nd rounder in Smith, then a Safety won't be picked till round 3 at the earliest with most going in round 4 or later, unless some team drafts Trumaine Johnson as a FS instead of as a zone CB. He could go round 2 or 3.
Safety is by far the worst position in this year's draft and once you get past Barron and Smith, you can forget finding immediate starters in this year's draft.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Eddie Pleasant a lot as an in-the-box player that can be had late.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know anything about S Justin Bethel out of Presbyterian? Mel Kiper thinks this guy could get picked in the third round........? lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Thats Thomas putting a lick on Ford the LSU back and forcing a fumble. Ford is a pretty big back too.

Closest thing to a highlight tape I found but there is a lot left out. I have seen Arkansas play quite a bit and I don't see how he is so far off the radar. He isn't Ed Reed but he should at least be getting some attention. Nose for the ball, well rounded, and has talent. He will hit people and just makes plays. For what ever reason it seems like individuals have a tough time standing out in Razorback defenses over the years, I don't know why it is just something I've noticed. I think Thomas will be a starter and should be getting more hype especially in a pretty weak safety class.
I think I just found my new favorite sleeper in the draft. Wow, I know highlight films aren't too telling but that was one hell of a tape. That kid is a pley maker.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barron benefits from being the best of a very week class. I really don't see him as a Top 15 player. That kind of honor is reserved for elite safeties like Eric Berry and Earl Thomas.

I'm also much higher on Janzen Jackson than most (I did see someone had him as a 4th rounder which seems about right). I had/have an obsession with Eric Berry and watched every defensive down in 2009 and came away very impressed with Jackson. That led me to watch his 2010 games and remained enamored with him. I realize he was a bit of a knucklehead but he went to his Dad's alma mater and has apparently kept out of trouble this past year.

Now, has anone peeked at the 2013 Safety class? There is some serious talent next year:
Eric Reid, LSU
Bacarri Rambo, Georgia (may end up in Supplemental Draft)
TJ McDonald, USC
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
Kenny Vacarro, Texas
Robert Lester, Alabama
Matt Elam, Florida
Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami
Kenny Tate, Maryland
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always the hardest position really, so hard to pick good safeties that can cover and tackle. Here is how I see it but I have not seen every safety prospect play however.

Wow pretty crazy, I am not as high on Harrison Smith as some of you are. The kid is good but he did not really flash a lot for me last year, seemed better years previous. And no clue how everyone is underrating Tramain Thomas, kid had a sick year and played great ball improving a some what weak Arkansas defensive secondary. Markelle Martin is a lot better than some rate him also I think.

1st round
Mark Barron

2nd round
Markelle Martin
Winston Guy
Tramain Thomas

3rd round
Brandon Taylor
Phillip Thomas
Trenton Robinson

4th
George Iloka
Harrison Smith
Eddie Pleasant

5th
Sean Cattouse

6th
Lance Mitchell
Michael Thomas
Johnson Bademosi FS/CB
Antonio Allen

7th
Cyhl Quarles
Ter'Ran Benton FS/CB
Akeem Auguste FS/CB

Possible undrafted guys.
Rodney McLeod
Nick Sukay
Kim Royston
Dan McCarthy
Drew Astorino
Blake Gideon
JoJo Nicolas
Quinton Richardson
Robby Green
Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread needs more Phillip Thomas.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
This thread needs more Phillip Thomas.
He's in my rankings.

I've seen Christian Thompson being ranked extremely highly by a major internet draft scout.

Anyone have any strong opinions of the South Carolina Statt star?