Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
what does any of this have to do with me saying colt mccoy is the biggest hole in the NFL?
Brandon Weeden now becomes the biggest hole in the NFL?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping Cleveland can get Stephen Hill now. If I were to tell you the Browns would end up with Richardson, Hill and Weeden with their first three picks you would've said they had a hell of a start.

Poor Brown fans. I want the best for you. Why does God hate Cleveland?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Brandon Weeden now becomes the biggest hole in the NFL?
he hasn't even played an NFL game yet, so while you may end up being correct there is no evidence to support your claim; i don't see how your assertion isn't completely based on of the fact that he is abnormally old for a rookie quarterback, considering that by all measures most scouts considered him a top four quarterback in the NFL draft this year, but you probably know more about evaluating quarterbacks than they do.

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what does any of this have to do with me saying colt mccoy is the biggest hole in the NFL?
To me it sounds like you were justifying the Weeden pick becuase McCoy is their QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he hasn't even played an NFL game yet, so while you may end up being correct there is no evidence to support your claim; i don't see how your assertion isn't completely based on of the fact that he is abnormally old for a rookie quarterback, considering that by all measures most scouts considered him a top four quarterback in the NFL draft this year, but you probably know more about evaluating quarterbacks than they do.
My assertion is based on the fact that he's apparently going to be a day one starter, and nothing other than his age indicates that he's ready to start in the NFL.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
My assertion is based on the fact that he's apparently going to be a day one starter, and nothing other than his age indicates that he's ready to start in the NFL.
are you implying that he is less suited to start right away than tannehill? also, nothing other than mccoy's college career indicates that he is ready to start in the NFL, including his past performance as a starter in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
To me it sounds like you were justifying the Weeden pick becuase McCoy is their QB.
no, i am saying that you cannot be against the pick on the basis of them having holes to fill when quarterback is clearly a hole to fill

Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
are you implying that he is less suited to start right away than tannehill? also, nothing other than mccoy's college career indicates that he is ready to start in the NFL, including his past performance as a starter in the NFL.
I do think Tannehill is more pro ready than Weeden, yes. I absolutely do. And to be honest, I don't think it's at all close. I don't buy this whole "Weeden would have been a top 10 pick if he was 22" stuff either.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weeden's a system QB playing against some of the worst defenses week in and week out in the country. Good luck Browns.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've pretty much been writing him off due to his age so I looked at him again. I probably just needed to rationalize but I took a closer look in a couple games (10' vs Oklahoma & senior bowl) after the draft and I see as NFL comparison a lot of Jason Campbell to his game. Actually feel moderately better...though I'm not sure that puts me with onejayhawk yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is Weeden starting behind center going to stop the Browns from drafting in the top 5 again next year? is Weeden on the roster going to stop the Cleveland FO from giving in to fan pressure to draft Barkely, Bray, Wilson, or Jones?

its just such a waste of a pick. they should have added talent to their OL or DL, especially considering who was still left on the board. there is just no defending this pick.
"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I've pretty much been writing him off due to his age so I looked at him again. I probably just needed to rationalize but I took a closer look in a couple games (10' vs Oklahoma & senior bowl) after the draft and I see as NFL comparison a lot of Jason Campbell to his game. Actually feel moderately better...though I'm not sure that puts me with onejayhawk yet.
That's an...interesting comparison. Campbell is far more athletic and has a significantly stronger arm. I would say maybe Kevin Kolb.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRogers92 View Post
Weeden's a system QB playing against some of the worst defenses week in and week out in the country. Good luck Browns.
That's why we needed an Ok. St. - LSU game, to see him against a real defense
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
is Weeden starting behind center going to stop the Browns from drafting in the top 5 again next year? is Weeden on the roster going to stop the Cleveland FO from giving in to fan pressure to draft Barkely, Bray, Wilson, or Jones?

its just such a waste of a pick. they should have added talent to their OL or DL, especially considering who was still left on the board. there is just no defending this pick.
dear god, he hasn't played a game yet and you are already calling it a wasted pick. i feel like i am trapped in a world surrounded by mel kiper clones.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I'm so disappointed...I instantly went from 100% faith in Tom Heckert to 0%.

For the first time in 5+ years, I turned the draft off. I didn't watch anything after I heard Goodell announce his name, and I don't think I can bring myself to watch the next two days either.

I'm more embarrassed and hopeless as a Browns fan than I've ever been. What a rough night...
Welcome to the club.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

I'm not defending. It's for my own peace of mind;

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same could be said about Griffin but no one said it
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this pick. I don't really care who it is if there a 29 year old unproven qb I wouldnr touch them. I feel bad for Cleveland. Should have just got more weapons for Colt and gave him one last chance.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I hate this pick. I don't really care who it is if there a 29 year old unproven qb I wouldnr touch them. I feel bad for Cleveland. Should have just got more weapons for Colt and gave him one last chance.
colt mccoy is bad.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
colt mccoy is bad.
What really scares me is the thought that after drafting Weedon, it is very unlikely that they draft a QB next year or even the year after. We are stuck for better or worse with Weedon for at least another 2 seasons and even if he comes through, how long will he continue to be truly effective.
I see a 5 or 6 year career for this guy who already has shoulder problems which aren't going away anytime soon. If he takes 2 seasons(I'm being generous here) to reach his full potential, then we have a decent QB for another 3 or 4 years before a replacement has to be found.
This IMO, it a best case scenario so it is hard to believe we could have had RG111 and settled for Weedon.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pump your breaks. big 12 aint the conference of the defense but they are farrrrr from the worst in the country

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
pump your breaks. big 12 aint the conference of the defense but they are farrrrr from the worst in the country
Let's be truthful, the Big 12 has fallen from grace quite a bit. Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, not a lot of elite defensive prospects there nowadays.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Younger yes. Better, no. The ONLY younger QB that might be better is short of 5'11".

J
You and I will never agree on that. Cousins is the better QB prospect. Teams have fallen in love with Weeden over his demeanor and his size. He's got an inch on Cousins, and about 10 pounds. The arm strength is there on both prospects, both guys have made questionable decisions at times, and both guys possess similar athletic numbers. About .05 difference in the 40 time.

Whatever team takes Cousins gets a future starter. The Browns went out and got themselves a bust. His best friend in the world better be Trent Richardson. Richardson is going to gobble up 400+ carries this year.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
You and I will never agree on that. Cousins is the better QB prospect. Teams have fallen in love with Weeden over his demeanor and his size. He's got an inch on Cousins, and about 10 pounds. The arm strength is there on both prospects, both guys have made questionable decisions at times, and both guys possess similar athletic numbers. About .05 difference in the 40 time.

Whatever team takes Cousins gets a future starter. The Browns went out and got themselves a bust. His best friend in the world better be Trent Richardson. Richardson is going to gobble up 400+ carries this year.
Cousins has zero chance to be a starter in the NFL. Weedon has the stronger arm and would have been a much higher pick if he was 22. I don't think he will bust unless his shoulder gives out but Weedon has such a short career aherad of him as an effective starter that round 1 was a ridiculous place to pick him.
It smells like Lerner demanded a starting QB and Holmgren/Heckert followed orders.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Cousins has zero chance to be a starter in the NFL. Weedon has the stronger arm and would have been a much higher pick if he was 22. I don't think he will bust unless his shoulder gives out but Weedon has such a short career aherad of him as an effective starter that round 1 was a ridiculous place to pick him.
It smells like Lerner demanded a starting QB and Holmgren/Heckert followed orders.
I wish people would stop crapping out this ******** from their gtdamned mouths. Its total ******** cuz he's not a very good prospect any way you cut it. Wether he was 22 25 or 29 it doesn't matter it was a terrible terrible pick and Cleveland is going to suffer because of it.

And can you at least get the ******* name right? Seriously...how hard is it? WEEDEN not DON. Its on the name of the freaking thread.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I wish people would stop crapping out this ******** from their gtdamned mouths. Its total ******** cuz he's not a very good prospect any way you cut it. Wether he was 22 25 or 29 it doesn't matter it was a terrible terrible pick and Cleveland is going to suffer because of it.

And can you at least get the ******* name right? Seriously...how hard is it? WEEDEN not DON. Its on the name of the freaking thread.
Someone get this guy his prozac.

Just kidding mate, no hard feelings.

I disagree that Cousins isn't a starting caliber QB. I watched every game of his as a Spartan, and I watched him in HS as well (he went to HS 15 miles away from my hometown). He is as sharp a prospect as you can ever ask. He might be the smartest football QB in the draft. He's studious and hard-working. The physical talent is there, I just see Cousins as having an edge in work ethic.