Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Someone get this guy his prozac.

Just kidding mate, no hard feelings.

I disagree that Cousins isn't a starting caliber QB. I watched every game of his as a Spartan, and I watched him in HS as well (he went to HS 15 miles away from my hometown). He is as sharp a prospect as you can ever ask. He might be the smartest football QB in the draft. He's studious and hard-working. The physical talent is there, I just see Cousins as having an edge in work ethic.
Well, I can see where the hope comes from but I have to disagree. I like Michigan St. too and watched a lot of his games and he is just way too inconsistent especially on deep passes to ever start in the NFL unless the starter gets injured. He's a career backup at best IMO.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The knock on Weeden is he caves under pressure in the pocket.

That will shorten his already short NFL career.

I thought Holmgren knew WTF he was doing. That's what I get for thinking.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post

System guy for me, has had arm troubles, older than dirt. Not a lot to hang your hat on if you're the Browns justifying a first round pick. I figured they'd wait a year on a QB otherwise go all in for Griffin or take Tannehill. Like you, not sure there was a lot of thought that went into this.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post

He's a great coach. One of the best ever. That said, all of his good QBs were drafted by Bill Walsh or Ron Wolf.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He's a great coach. One of the best ever. That said, all of his good QBs were drafted by Bill Walsh or Ron Wolf.
Actually, Ken Herock drafted Brett Favre. But yeah, still Wolf's move to trade for him.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Weeden is fine, I just didn't like the move to trade up to get him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They didn't trade up to get him...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They didn't trade up, got him at 22.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've just gotta pop in and say that the Browns made me so happy yesterday. **** that POS city and pathetic excuse for a franchise. This is going to be hilariously sad and I can't wait to see the futility which is cleveland sports.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are a mean person
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
You are a mean person
Cleveland deserves nothing but the worst.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we go 2-14 this year I really hope Holmgren's fat ******* ass gets fired. I'm not even bothering with the season because of this selection. I already discussed this in another thread. We ******* passed on the best offensive linemen available and we took this dipshit? Get the **** outta here I still can't believe this happened.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Cleveland deserves nothing but the worst.
Someone give you a Cleveland Steamer and tell you it was Alton Brown Chocolate Ice Cream bro?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Donnie D
Rookie

Donnie D hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
What really scares me is the thought that after drafting Weedon,it is very unlikely that they draft a QB next year or even the year after. We are stuck for better or worse with Weedon for at least another 2 seasons and even if he comes through, how long will he continue to be truly effective.
that assumes Holgrem/Heckert are even in charge next year. Weedon is going to be the uncontested starter as soon as they trade McCoy. the Browns are going to lose the majority of their games again this season. and the Cleveland FO could very well end up getting cleared out.

and really, the only rival for the no.1 pick next year are the Colts, and theyre not going to take a QB, so itll be irrelevant in any case.
"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."
Donnie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of with Bill Walsh on this. He always said something like "if he's worth taking, he's worth taking, I don't care what round."

BUT

I don't feel Weeden's worth taking. The only QBs I saw in this draft that I thought had a chance of being anything in the long run were Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, and Osweiler.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Someone give you a Cleveland Steamer and tell you it was Alton Brown Chocolate Ice Cream bro?
Nah just had to live there for a while and used to drive through ohio a lot en route from Chicago to Buffalo. It really sucks there...like makes Indiana seem welcoming bad...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Nah just had to live there for a while and used to drive through ohio a lot en route from Chicago to Buffalo. It really sucks there...like makes Indiana seem welcoming bad...
No argument here. I won't even patronize businesses in Ohio if I'm driving through. I literally fill up on gas before I cross the state line.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez. Talk about some irrational comments...

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland took a second QB this draft. There's no one behind McCoy (dont you dare mention Senaca), and maybe Weeden allows you to develop someone.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Geez. Talk about some irrational comments...
Maize 'n' Blue beyotch.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maize 'n' Blue beyotch.
Your point?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
yes, while you're busy developing weeden, you can develop another qb at the same time. one that might actually have a chance to develop before he retires.

Haha. It's sad that this might actually happen.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
yes, while you're busy developing weeden, you can develop another qb at the same time. one that might actually have a chance to develop before he retires.
If Weeden starts right away (which it looks like he will), then yeah, thats how it works.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone get this guy his prozac.

Just kidding mate, no hard feelings.

I disagree that Cousins isn't a starting caliber QB. I watched every game of his as a Spartan, and I watched him in HS as well (he went to HS 15 miles away from my hometown). He is as sharp a prospect as you can ever ask. He might be the smartest football QB in the draft. He's studious and hard-working. The physical talent is there, I just see Cousins as having an edge in work ethic.
Raider fan. It goes with the territory. ;)

Cousins will have a shot. His problem is that he does not excel anywhere. His arm is adequate, as is his mobility, his reads, his accuracy. His ball mechanics are top drawer, so he is a natural for a game manager type QB. The biggest knock is that he has no upside to speak of.

Weeden is a rhythm passer, but the best rhythm passer in some time. His arm is much better--very good to barely adequate. Putting him in Cleveland, with the game's best LT and now Trent Richardson. Things could look a lot worse.

So Weeden is a starter as of now. This is not the best way to do it, but there it is. We will see about Cousins. My thought is that he will not be the next Big 10 QB drafted.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
so you're banking on a guy who won't be a proper nfl qb for 3 years, and who has major shoulder issues, lasting long enough to develop someone you drafted later in the same draft? that's an absolutely horrible team building strategy. cut colt and sign a FA. at least then you'd have someone competent under C.

If you can take your dislike of Weeden out of the equation, then it's not half as bad as it seems. It's like adding a RFA QB, you give up a pick to acquire a starter. If they think Weeden is talented enough to start immediately and be worth giving up a late first for, then it's worth taking a guy like say Lindley later on to possibly groom or help push Weeden, because you have zero depth anyway.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
If you can take your dislike of Weeden out of the equation, then it's not half as bad as it seems. It's like adding a RFA QB, you give up a pick to acquire a starter. If they think Weeden is talented enough to start immediately and be worth giving up a late first for, then it's worth taking a guy like say Lindley later on to possibly groom or help push Weeden, because you have zero depth anyway.
You are way too level-headed about this.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote