Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOOM! (10 char)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Weeden is worthy of first round consideration because he has some OK attributes and could maybe become a starter but Cousins just flat out can't?

Care to defend that statement? Compare them as prospects perhaps?
I can't wait to laugh at Browns fans for the next five years (until Weeden hits old age and retires).
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA this is so bad....makes the Raiders taking rusty knob not seem as bad. He's kinda proven and only 3yrs older.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I can't wait to laugh at Browns fans for the next five years (until Weeden hits old age and retires).
I don't think there was a single Browns fan who wanted this.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Haven't they suffered enough you sadist! People who rag on Cleveland are inhumane.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
ZuKe
Rookie

ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ZuKe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Haven't they suffered enough you sadist! People who rag on Cleveland are inhumane.
thanks

it is always fun being a browns fan
ZuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Browns fans. They just went from a no upside backup QB to a declining value (age, injuries) prospect. Mike Holmgren = very over-rated.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was skeptical at first but im gonna wait and see what comes of this. its not like mccoy or weeden will ever be the stars or focal points since trent is there.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the outrage would've been lesser had they taken Cousins.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so disappointed...I instantly went from 100% faith in Tom Heckert to 0%.

For the first time in 5+ years, I turned the draft off. I didn't watch anything after I heard Goodell announce his name, and I don't think I can bring myself to watch the next two days either.

I'm more embarrassed and hopeless as a Browns fan than I've ever been. What a rough night...
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently they are looking to trade Colt this weekend now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a precedence for NFL QBs who become starters at a more advanced age playing until at least 35.

Steve Young/Rich Gannon/Roger Staubach/Kurt Warner/Jeff Garcia I believe all became starters at age 28 or later and played at least 8 years.

If Weeden becomes the Browns starter by week 8, if not earlier, I think it's foolish to believe his career will be over at age 34.

If Weeden gives the Browns a better chance to win games in 2012 than Colt McCoy, I don't have a problem with the pick. And it doesn't mean they can't still target QBs in the future. There are plays in the passing game that Weeden can make right now that Colt physically cannot.

I don't get how this was a terrible pick other than you don't think he's that talented.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I just heard that on Mike and Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I don't get how this was a terrible pick other than you don't think he's that talented.
I'm still very firmly in the "he's not that talented" camp.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I would give up a 5th rounder for McCoy in a second. He may not be starting material but he can have a long career as a number 2 guy/spot starter. He brings toughness/great work ethic to the table.

Steve Young/Gannon spent time in the NFL prior to becoming successful taking their lumps. They weren't 28 when they entered the league. Garcia had experience in the CFL prior to coming over to coming into the league. Warner had experience in arena football/NFL Europe. They were all playing football from college through their 20s until they got a shot at starting.

Last edited by SolidGold : 04-27-2012 at 06:49 AM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
HAHA this is so bad....makes the Raiders taking rusty knob not seem as bad. He's kinda proven and only 3yrs older.
4 years--1979-1983

Plus the hits.

If Weeden can be a good start for 3 years, he is worth this price. If he is at any time Pro Bowl worthy, this is a steal.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now we see why the Browns have been passing on QBs in recent years. They've been waiting on a flawless prospect like Weeden to fall into their laps! So much for having to take risks on a QB!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What an absolute joke...

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
If Weeden can be a good start for 3 years, he is worth this price. If he is at any time Pro Bowl worthy, this is a steal.

J
lolwut?

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using the 22nd pick on a QB is not a major risk. If Weeden sucks, the Browns can try again in two years. Besides, they have like 27 picks remaining in the 2012 Draft for addressing other needs.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Using the 22nd pick on a QB is not a major risk. If Weeden sucks, the Browns can try again in two years. Besides, they have like 27 picks remaining in the 2012 Draft for addressing other needs.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is questioning the level of risk involved. I think it was just a bonehead pick when there might have been younger, better QB's on the board in the 2nd round. They might have even had a shot at Weeden in round 2.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
lolwut?

That is so wrong. You have no concept of the value of even an adequate starting QB. You may be sure that Cleveland did not expect Weeden to last til #37.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
Yeah, I don't think anyone is questioning the level of risk involved. I think it was just a bonehead pick when there might have been younger, better QB's on the board in the 2nd round. They might have even had a shot at Weeden in round 2.
Younger yes. Better, no. The ONLY younger QB that might be better is short of 5'11".

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 04-27-2012 at 09:08 AM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I think the outrage would've been lesser had they taken Cousins.
I'd have given it an A+++.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love when people say "the browns have so many holes to fill lolol why wud u take weeden"

colt mccoy is the biggest hole in the nfl

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
i love when people say "the browns have so many holes to fill lolol why wud u take weeden"

colt mccoy is the biggest hole in the nfl
Because Weeden turns 29 in the middle of his rookie season. I can't see how anybody justifies taking somebody this old in the 1st round. I mean he's not an elite talent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Because Weeden turns 29 in the middle of his rookie season. I can't see how anybody justifies taking somebody this old in the 1st round. I mean he's not an elite talent.
what does any of this have to do with me saying colt mccoy is the biggest hole in the NFL?

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote