Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-29-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
How many times must we go over this Snicho? Role revealing is only to be done here.
Uncooperative bastard.

5/5/12.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Uncooperative bastard.

5/5/12.
Never forget. If we do the terrorists have won.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happened, 5/5/12?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So what happened, 5/5/12?
It is too heinous to talk about, I'll just leave it at that.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll leave Snicho to reveal it.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As i said, making writeups describing who did killings defeats the purpose of the game. There was no reason to believe that R4L was bad if there wasnt that writeup.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
As i said, making writeups describing who did killings defeats the purpose of the game. There was no reason to believe that R4L was bad if there wasnt that writeup.
I agree with Renji. Had it not been for the write-up I think I would've been OK.

Anyways, was fun gentlemen. I shall now take a break from themed games but I'll do a BB SNG every now and then =P

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's something to discuss after the game. I thought people would enjoy the write-ups, especially if you've seen the show.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Not true at all. There were plenty of reasons to believe R4L was evil without the writeup, that was just the nail in the coffin. You guys were the ones who decided to kill a guy who was likely to be watched. I really think you are just frustrated that your team is not good haha.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

???? i havent done anything this game, had no post in the thread and was taken out by the serialkiller cause i was a threat apparently

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the write ups add an extra element to the game, makes it so you are rewarded for knowing the theme of the game.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
I think the write ups add an extra element to the game, makes it so you are rewarded for knowing the theme of the game.
Exactly. The mafia needs to be careful what they do. R4L did not die because the write ups are unfair, he was lynched because his mafia got careless.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
It's something to discuss after the game. I thought people would enjoy the write-ups, especially if you've seen the show.
writeups are fine, but dont hint to what side or who couldve killed him, especially in this case. i mean its a rare instance but still, if it wasnt for the writeup it wouldve most likely went woot or rob.

The problem with the writeups is that it gives the town even more clues. According to all the games we have played we know that town is already favoured in most of the games.

And how did mafia got careless? they killed a person and once the watcher said he saw two, he convinced people it was the other guy.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
writeups are fine, but dont hint to what side or who couldve killed him, especially in this case. i mean its a rare instance but still, if it wasnt for the writeup it wouldve most likely went woot or rob.

The problem with the writeups is that it gives the town even more clues. According to all the games we have played we know that town is already favoured in most of the games.

And how did mafia got careless? they killed a person and once the watcher said he saw two, he convinced people it was the other guy.
You actually complain every game haha. I don't think it is at all unfair. The mafia can win if they are smart not only during the day but at night. Killing Shane that early in the game. Not smart. I will not even read a write up if it says nothing about anything and are the write ups not a main component of theme games? If you are going to complain every time you might as well just not play.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The write-ups follow the theme of the town stumbling upon a body. How would the town not be able to quickly identify the style of killing?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. The mafia needs to be careful what they do. R4L did not die because the write ups are unfair, he was lynched because his mafia got careless.
That's total crap.
My defense was solid and ngata being Omar would have saved me a few days. It was the fact that it wasn't his MO that got me buried.

But of course you're Gonzo the divine **** so you already who is and isn't evil. Gtfo

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See guys, this is what happens when you attack Shane within the first three days! When was the last time he wasn't watched early on.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
That's total crap.
My defense was solid and ngata being Omar would have saved me a few days. It was the fact that it wasn't his MO that got me buried.

But of course you're Gonzo the divine **** so you already who is and isn't evil. Gtfo
But why should the town be ignorant of this, when if they really stumbled upon the body, it'd be plainly obvious?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
You actually complain every game haha. I don't think it is at all unfair. The mafia can win if they are smart not only during the day but at night. Killing Shane that early in the game. Not smart. I will not even read a write up if it says nothing about anything and are the write ups not a main component of theme games? If you are going to complain every time you might as well just not play.
i didnt want to play and was asked by bulldogs to play.

Also im not complaining Im just remarking. This game is about night actions and deduction. Not about information given by the person writing that stuff.

When you play that game usually you have no writeups. The only thing you do is to say who dies. Writeups are a nice flair but should by no means help the game at all.

I mean killing shane wasnt my decision, i really dont know what he did in the game or said to see if it was warrented.

Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
That's total crap.

It is pretty easy to tell when you are evil when you agree with everything your cohorts say. You played a transparent game. Again. You got buried because you guys made a bad decision at night. It happens every game. Hell I have made bad decisions. Suck it up, don't complain, play better next game.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Town got lucky with both of them being killers, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The write-ups follow the theme of the town stumbling upon a body. How would the town not be able to quickly identify the style of killing?
Meh. How would the town not be able to tell Proposition Joe apart from Ziggy when we're all talking throughout the day? Not everything needs to be obvious. I like the writeups, though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
i didnt want to play and was asked by bulldogs to play.

Also im not complaining Im just remarking. This game is about night actions and deduction. Not about information given by the person writing that stuff.

When you play that game usually you have no writeups. The only thing you do is to say who dies. Writeups are a nice flair but should by no means help the game at all
In theme games the write ups are half the fun. I appreciate that you were asked and agreed and I mean you died without posting haha so I understand you are pretty much an outsider commenting. I really don't think the write up was the problem here.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Haha, so much for not going into this until later. I'm actually pretty stunned the town fell for R4L's defense for so long, in a show as deep as The Wire there are many great characters I actually had to leave off, a random newspaper writer certainly not being one of them. Since we're already on the subject, I would not have done these write-ups had it not been a themed game, but I thought it added a fun little element and it would be interesting to read.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
It is pretty easy to tell when you are evil when you agree with everything your cohorts say. You played a transparent game. Again. You got buried because you guys made a bad decision at night. It happens every game. Hell I have made bad decisions. Suck it up, don't complain, play better next game.
Dude, the main reason people lynched him was because of the writeup. Dont even try to argue otherwise. It was basically the whole argument here:

Jbond was killed by the mafia, only those two targeted him, one was the Serialkiller, the other guy has to be mafia. If there wasnt thsi writeup, there would be no such argument.

I mean im indifferent to themed games tending to dislike them more than normal games just because people tend to add way too many actions, rolerevealing is therefore OP.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

And yeah I kinda forced Renji into joining, he did me a favor and it sucks that he had to die before he could even talk.