Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-03-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I've always envisioned neutral as a distinct faction. It's not evil or good, regardless if the neutral role leans more one way than the other. Good for me always equals the town, evil always equals the mafia, neutral is neither.
It makes complete sense that an SK would come back as evil.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It makes complete sense that an SK would come back as evil.
I could see it going either way. Regardless, you've been up in the zombie draft for a little while now.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I could see it going either way. Regardless, you've been up in the zombie draft for a little while now.
I'd personally consider that a huge mistake on BD's part, but each to their own. Sleepy time.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

neutral=/=evil
Old 06-03-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
neutral=/=evil
If Brodeur had said I do not belong to an evil faction, then I could see the result sent out as correct.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd personally consider that a huge mistake on BD's part, but each to their own. Sleepy time.
Except I wasn't trying to be evil, and all I wanted to do was kill 4 people from the town/2 mafia members. If that had happened, it wouldn't have mattered from there on out who won for me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Except I wasn't trying to be evil, and all I wanted to do was kill 4 people from the town/2 mafia members. If that had happened, it wouldn't have mattered from there on out who won for me.
Regardless of your intention, I still think it should have come back a lie. I mean, a serial killer is basically as evil a role that you can get.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My opinion is that a SK should only come back evil if there is an equal faction (ie - vigilante) on the "good" side. Otherwise, he should be considered neutral as he does not care who wins as long as he doesn't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
My opinion is that a SK should only come back evil if there is an equal faction (ie - vigilante) on the "good" side. Otherwise, he should be considered neutral as he does not care who wins as long as he doesn't die.
usually a SK wins if he is the only one left or the town doesnt have majority anymore. He is basically playing against everyone.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
usually a SK wins if he is the only one left or the town doesnt have majority anymore. He is basically playing against everyone.
Which means he is neither good, nor evil.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Regardless of your intention, I still think it should have come back a lie. I mean, a serial killer is basically as evil a role that you can get.
I agree with this. I think I even mentioned it when making the argument during the game. A serial killer is evil, but it depended on Bulldogs' judgment.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is my point. I wasn't against the town as I wasn't trying to doom them, nor did I give a **** about the Mafia. I only cared about myself, which made me neutral. Probably evil-neutral, but the Mafia should be considered strictly evil in these games and I think Bulldogs did it right.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bulldogs made the right call on a SK not being evil. If the question was, "against the town" then it should have shown up.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He belongs to neither of those factions, but he is still 'evil'.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just Abort The Lie Detector Role.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll always find something to complain about won't you?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Why are you the way that you are?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bad thunderstorm moving over right now. If I lose power/internet, we'll have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to continue.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a relative newb to the game I wasn't remotely surprised that the lie detector result on Brody was answered the way it was. I like the way BD played that, and felt stupid for not putting the pieces together that D-Unit brothed it up and ****** us all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
As a relative newb to the game I wasn't remotely surprised that the lie detector result on Brody was answered the way it was. I like the way BD played that, and felt stupid for not putting the pieces together that D-Unit brothed it up and ****** us all.
D may have picked the wrong thing to lie detect but he told you ever quote he used. Never fully trust anybody in these games unless you are masoned or evil. D is not to blame, the sheeple of the town are.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, axed for being relatively inactive on day one. That's harsh. I'm usually always pretty inactive the first day as occasionally I forget to subscribe to the game thread but I was also mainly using my phone to post in the zombie apocalypse draft and hence I wasn't really looking at the other parts of the forums.

Well that sucks but I suppose I understand the reasoning.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:') took me all gtdamn day but...finally unlocked Auron's Masamune lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SKs are not playing with the town. They dont want town to win. Town cant win if SK is alive. They are playing alone. Therefore not pro town. They dont want town to win. Anti-town. Anti-town = evil. Survivors dont care what happens. Town wins even if survivor is alive. Neutral.

In this case, since i assume he needed to kill a certain amount of people and could still win if the town wins i suppose the ruling is alright, but i ddont understand how the game wasnt done once all mafias were killed, since he only one once one fraction wins and he kills the amount of people.

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 06-04-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
:') took me all gtdamn day but...finally unlocked Auron's Masamune lol
Nice. I was planning to start a FF marathon over the summer and bought a used copy of 7 to begin with. Now with Dawnguard coming out, I may need to pick Skyrim back up and get a character ready for that...

But I'm going to finish 7 first. I'm kicking it's ass. I'm at the point where I should go to the temple of the ancients and so far...

- I got Blade Beam before the first boss. Was about halfway to Meteorain but had to stop because a thunderstorm was moving in and I needed to get to a save point. Got Meteorain in the train graveyard shortly thereafter at least.

- Beat the Battle Arena at Gold Saucer right after getting the buggy. Got the Championship Belt, Speedy Shoes, Speed Plus Materia and Preemptive Materia.

- Leveled up like crazy (2-3 hours spent) against the Sea Worms on the southeastern beaches. (Ton of experience, 5000 gil and 200 AP. I had double materia growth equipment on all my characters so I maxed out damn near everything.)

- Speaking of which, included in my mastered materia are 3 HP Pluses so all my characters have +50%, as well as mastered Steal materia so everyone now has mug.

- Got Omni-Slash right after getting the Tiny Bronco and I went to Wutai and beat the battle pagoda, so Yuffie has All Creation. Tifa also has all her limits through level 3.

I'm just beasting the hell out of the game right now. I love it that I can enjoy a 15 year old game this much.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HP plus is my least favorite "..." plus to master.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote