Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still very interested in co-running or running a more standard mafia game. I've created a few new roles (and someone else made one, if I have his permission to use it) that I want to see in live action. They're not too overpowered and could be kind of fun.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Hey thats me! I feel famous!
Me too! I didn't even realize it was my post until I glanced at it a second time and saw my dog staring at me in my avy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I am still very interested in co-running or running a more standard mafia game. I've created a few new roles (and someone else made one, if I have his permission to use it) that I want to see in live action. They're not too overpowered and could be kind of fun.
I tried... you just blew me off.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tried... you just blew me off.
Bullturkey! What was the theme? We can talk about it if you log on IRC or something.

edit: Oh I was working on that beta game so I'd hardly call that blowing you off. :p

Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to think of/invent some more roles too, however, my creativity is...shall we say...lacking.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Standard as in vanilla? Because if not...

...I still need a co-mod.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm best at applying and twisting roles to fit a theme moreso than making up new roles out of nowhere. Also, including random ****. Lots of random ****.
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I've been trying to think of/invent some more roles too, however, my creativity is...shall we say...lacking.
Yeah my only contribution to these games is the Doppelganger (an absorber/ role stealer bastardization) and my "Van Helsing" role which I don't think is completely new but **** it I call credit!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yeah my only contribution to these games is the Doppelganger (an absorber/ role stealer bastardization) and my "Van Helsing" role which I don't think is completely new but **** it I call credit!
Doppleganger? Wtf you thief, I made that for my beta game.

Doppleganger: During the action phase, you may choose a player to watch and mimic. If they perform an action, you will know, and you'll know who they targeted. In addition, if they possess an ability, you will be able to mimic that ability. Each phase thereafter, you retain your watch on this person, as well as their ability, until you choose to target someone else or your current target dies. You may not target a teammate with this ability.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I kind of invented the "town within a town" that was Batman, Bruce and Max in the Batman game. That was kind of fun.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

BB still uses Shield, so I'm proud of that!

One of the new roles I invented that I want to test might become a staple of Mafia games too. It's strong but it's a one-shot and I think people will really like it.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I've had fun playing with the gaming conventions like the Psych game with arrests vs. dead people and then the King game but I still haven't really created a role.

I was also the first person to do the scavenger hunt thing, although I'm pretty sure most people HATE that so idk if I should really take credit for it haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Doppleganger? Wtf you thief, I made that for my beta game.

Doppleganger: During the action phase, you may choose a player to watch and mimic. If they perform an action, you will know, and you'll know who they targeted. In addition, if they possess an ability, you will be able to mimic that ability. Each phase thereafter, you retain your watch on this person, as well as their ability, until you choose to target someone else or your current target dies. You may not target a teammate with this ability.
Wait... it wasn't the doppelganger it was Ginyu that was different.

"You possess the ability to steal any players role that targets you at night. You retain this power until another person targets you. Along with that you have the ability to use choose a specific player and steal their role."
Old 06-25-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I find the Shield as a great means of balancing. It keeps cops and trackers from simply making a good guess Night 1 and taking down the mafia right away.

I've also been very keen lately (not counting the arena battle games obviously) at having a LOT of townies. It made my Zombie game one of the most balanced I've seen (All 3 sides had a chance to still win in the final two days, and two of the side still could have won on the final day.) My Batman game I thought was pretty good in that regard too. Cigaro and Bantx almost wrecked the town's chances by being really suspicious for half the game. Luckily, Shane (who was only there because of a triggered protector) kept them in line long enough to win.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd be really interested to find out what you guys (who run/mod most of these games) think about these roles I made up. Maybe we can hang out in a zippychat later today or something and theorycraft a bit about them.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

We need a better name for The Shield.

But it is the best role any of us have come up with.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I originally called it "Spellshield" but I wasn't sure if I liked the sound of that. Shield seems ok to me though.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I've got another 20 minutes at work if you want me to look them over. But then I'm going home and have a lot to do. I'm also taking a break from actually playing games...maybe permanently...after Sesame street. Like I was telling Cain, playing in the games brings out the worst in me. So I don't think I'd be playing in your game to give anything away.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I find the Shield as a great means of balancing. It keeps cops and trackers from simply making a good guess Night 1 and taking down the mafia right away.

I've also been very keen lately (not counting the arena battle games obviously) at having a LOT of townies. It made my Zombie game one of the most balanced I've seen (All 3 sides had a chance to still win in the final two days, and two of the side still could have won on the final day.) My Batman game I thought was pretty good in that regard too. Cigaro and Bantx almost wrecked the town's chances by being really suspicious for half the game. Luckily, Shane (who was only there because of a triggered protector) kept them in line long enough to win.
Does the shield protect the mafia from anyone targeting them, not just kills?

But its cool vidae, just ignore me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

In the beginning I made it so it would not protect killing blows, as I thought that was more of a bodyguard/protector role. It was used just for actions.

I'm not sure how BB has used it, but I suppose it could block kills too. You could make a case for that.

And ignore you about what? Did I miss a post?

BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

Depends. If I feel it should stop kills, I'll do it. I have in all of my instances of it so far. Under different circumstances, I might make it unable to block kills. Not sure.
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who we are waiting on on the SS game but **** off! :(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd be really interested to find out what you guys (who run/mod most of these games) think about these roles I made up. Maybe we can hang out in a zippychat later today or something and theorycraft a bit about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I've got another 20 minutes at work if you want me to look them over. But then I'm going home and have a lot to do. I'm also taking a break from actually playing games...maybe permanently...after Sesame street. Like I was telling Cain, playing in the games brings out the worst in me. So I don't think I'd be playing in your game to give anything away.
Yeah if you want shoot me a link to a chat I got some time to check them out too.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

BB, today isn't great for me. I'm about to head out. How about sometime tomorrow? If you're really taking a long hiatus from playing you're the perfect person to look them over.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well ****, if you're both good with it I'll make a chat now. Give me a second.

Grizz, you're more than welcome to join us here too.