Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
Agreed, 3rd round would be too early IMO
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Both of these would seriously surprise me.
Agreed, SF would love one of those guys in round 2. As would many other teams I think.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Also think Luke Kuechly could go into the late 20's...not really sold on his strength and athleticism.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
Only because some dummies started talking about the first round for a guy who is almost 30.

I like Weeden a lot and always view him as a 4th.

Lamarr Miller and pretty much all RBs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtney Upshaw could easily slip to early round 2. As a 3-4 OLB, he lacks the ability to drop into coverage which severely limits his attractiveness to many 3-4 teams and at 6'1", his ability to play DE in a 4-3 is questionable.

Quinton Coples is another prospect who will slide on draft day because of huge character concerns about his desire to go 100% all the time. He took his senior year off and when asked what he would rate his senior year, he replied a 'C'. That isn't what GM's want to hear and I think he slides to late round 1 or even early 2nd round.

Put me down as a Kendall Wright questioner. He's small with questionable speed but had a college QB who made him look better than he is. I see a strong possibility he slides to round 2. I see him as strictly a slot receiver, a position where teams feel they can find talent later in the draft.

Melvin Ingram is a player without a position and that will cause him to slide a bit. His best position is as a pass rushing DT and at 6'1", he won't be all that effective there as a 3 down player. As a 4-3 DE, he has short arms and is a lot shorter than teams perfer. That leaves him as a 3-4 OLB where a lot of his talent is wasted, so I expect him to fall to late middle of round 1.

Janoris Jenkins is going to fall on draft day, he is a heavy pot smoker which means he likely will see a # of suspensions when he is a pro. That isn't going to endear himself to GM's and he could take a deep fall on draft day.

Michael Floyd could also fall. He has an alcohol problem and I'm sure teams have checked him out thoroughly for it and I'm just not privy to that information. If they feel it is behind him, it might not affect him on draft day, but if they have questions, he could see himself slide toward the 20's.

Cordy Glenn is my final choice for a possible slide to round 2. If he was 20lbs lighter, he might be in the discussion as a top 10 pick but he isn't. Draftniks get fooled all the time by guys like this because when they workout in the post season, it is only for short spurts where his excess weight won't be a factor, however, when he reaches the pros, can he go all out for 4 quarters in a football game or will he become tired carrying all that weight after 3 quarters and have nothing left for the 4th quarter when a lot of games are won or lost.
I won't be totally shocked if he slips to round 2.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quinton Coples is another prospect who will slide on draft day because of huge character concerns about his desire to go 100% all the time. He took his senior year off and when asked what he would rate his senior year, he replied a 'C'. That isn't what GM's want to hear and I think he slides to late round 1 or even early 2nd round.
Should he have said A?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Should he have said A?
Your going to hire a new employee who said when doing the same job, he only gave a 'C' in effort. I wouldn't especially when his film work confirms that fact.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Your going to hire a new employee who said when doing the same job, he only gave a 'C' in effort. I wouldn't especially when his film work confirms that fact.
He didn't say C in effort, you added that.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He didn't say C in effort, you added that.
Ok, he said he give himself a 'C' for his performance during his final season in college, still sounds like it reflected his effort when you watch him on film.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I see Upshaw going in the 2nd round, he's just sooo slow and sloppy looking....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Agreed, 3rd round would be too early IMO
Quote:
Only because some dummies started talking about the first round for a guy who is almost 30.

I like Weeden a lot and always view him as a 4th.

Lamarr Miller and pretty much all RBs.
I only added Weeden in here after I saw how serious people were about him going in the first in the other thread although its the minority opinion.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I only added Weeden in here after I saw how serious people were about him going in the first in the other thread although its the minority opinion.
I might **** my pants if Weeden goes in the first, and I'd be pretty freaking surprised if he went in the second. I think it's just a vocal minority who feels like he's going that high.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I might **** my pants if Weeden goes in the first, and I'd be pretty freaking surprised if he went in the second. I think it's just a vocal minority who feels like he's going that high.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked at 22 although I feel like it will be more of a wasted pick than when the Vikings let the time expire on their first rounder.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quinton Coples is another prospect who will slide on draft day because of huge character concerns about his desire to go 100% all the time. He took his senior year off and when asked what he would rate his senior year, he replied a 'C'. That isn't what GM's want to hear and I think he slides to late round 1 or even early 2nd round
i think theres concerns about work ethic, but i dont really think his concerns are considered "huge" character concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone is going to reach on Weeden and get fired for it. I don't see him lasting until round three, which is where I think he should go.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think theres concerns about work ethic, but i dont really think his concerns are considered "huge" character concerns
Well, Mayock said he won't touch him in any round much less round 1, so maybe he has heard that teams do consider it a huge character issue.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Wouldn't be so sure on Claiborne. The top three are obvious right now and then Richardson either goes to the Browns or Bucs. If Tannehill does go #4 the Claiborne has a chance to fall to Carolina.
I'd have a tough time believing Claiborne would get past the Rams at #6, especially if Richardson is off the board.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ok, he said he give himself a 'C' for his performance during his final season in college, still sounds like it reflected his effort when you watch him on film.
I think it was an honest, direct answer to a question he was asked. You're adding words/ideas, but an overall grade should reflect the performance yeah.

Still think his knocks are overblown and he can be anything from a good run stuffing DE to a stud all around DE. UNC's just got all kinds of problems from what i understand, but for the most part the players have been doing alright once they leave. He's had a very good offseason IMO, including an impressive Senior bowl.

Lowest he slides to is 16...I'm liking this 16 spot this year man...just sit back and pounce on someone's mistake.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-15-2012 at 01:46 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) Riley Rieff-T-Iowa
2.) Jonathan Martin-T-Stanford
3.) Quinton Coples-DE-UNC
4.) Melvin Ingram-DE-South Carolina
5.) Michael Brockers-DT-LSU
6.) Jerel Worthy-DT-Michigan State
7.) Courtney Upshaw-DE/OLB-Alabama
8.) Zach Brown-OLB-North Carolina
9.) Dre Kirkpatrick-CB-Alabama
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Courtney Upshaw could easily slip to early round 2. As a 3-4 OLB, he lacks the ability to drop into coverage which severely limits his attractiveness to many 3-4 teams and at 6'1", his ability to play DE in a 4-3 is questionable.

Put me down as a Kendall Wright questioner. He's small with questionable speed but had a college QB who made him look better than he is. I see a strong possibility he slides to round 2. I see him as strictly a slot receiver, a position where teams feel they can find talent later in the draft.

Melvin Ingram is a player without a position and that will cause him to slide a bit. His best position is as a pass rushing DT and at 6'1", he won't be all that effective there as a 3 down player. As a 4-3 DE, he has short arms and is a lot shorter than teams perfer. That leaves him as a 3-4 OLB where a lot of his talent is wasted, so I expect him to fall to late middle of round 1.

Janoris Jenkins is going to fall on draft day, he is a heavy pot smoker which means he likely will see a # of suspensions when he is a pro. That isn't going to endear himself to GM's and he could take a deep fall on draft day.

Michael Floyd could also fall. He has an alcohol problem and I'm sure teams have checked him out thoroughly for it and I'm just not privy to that information. If they feel it is behind him, it might not affect him on draft day, but if they have questions, he could see himself slide toward the 20's.

Cordy Glenn is my final choice for a possible slide to round 2. If he was 20lbs lighter, he might be in the discussion as a top 10 pick but he isn't. Draftniks get fooled all the time by guys like this because when they workout in the post season, it is only for short spurts where his excess weight won't be a factor, however, when he reaches the pros, can he go all out for 4 quarters in a football game or will he become tired carrying all that weight after 3 quarters and have nothing left for the 4th quarter when a lot of games are won or lost.
I won't be totally shocked if he slips to round 2.
I agree with absolutely everything you said except Cordy Glenn. I see him as a player that could easily be a top 10 pick. He's got the versatility to help him improve his stock. He's this years guy that can play any position on the line, and teams like that.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Someone is going to reach on Weeden and get fired for it. I don't see him lasting until round three, which is where I think he should go.
I love this post. Debate as much as you want, this guy is not a first round talent. There are other guys at the same level as Weeden, with higher upside. Anyone that takes Weeden while Osweiler, Cousins, Lindley or Wilson are still on the board are making a huge mistake.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Branch. If you watch the actual game tape, there is nothing special about him. He's not doubled, bumped, rubbed, or anything. He's over running plays. Has no interior rush.

He's an outside rush specialist whom gets run out of plays. He's a 4th rounder.

his best game is against a nobody BC. His worst games come against good teams with good OLs. South Carolina destroyed him.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Andre Branch. If you watch the actual game tape, there is nothing special about him. He's not doubled, bumped, rubbed, or anything. He's over running plays. Has no interior rush.

He's an outside rush specialist whom gets run out of plays. He's a 4th rounder.

his best game is against a nobody BC. His worst games come against good teams with good OLs. South Carolina destroyed him.
I have to agree. Watching Andre Branch, he really seems like a one-trick-pony who could very well get shut down by more athletic tackles. I didn't think he did much well other than run around the offensive line. I'm not going to say he lasts until the fourth round, but in my mind he's no better than a fringe second round guy based largely on his potential.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

He's an outside rush specialist whom gets run out of plays
. He's a 4th rounder.

Agree 100% with this. He could easily spent his entire rookie year being flushed behind the QB time and time again.
I have a 3rd round grade on him for now. In the buttom of the 1st round I would pick McClellin, Chandler Jones and even Nick Perry (Who Im not very excited about) before Andre Branch, and not think twice about it. Besides, Clemson players in the early rounds always makes me nervous.
SunTzu_22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
dawhizz
Rookie

dawhizz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mohamed Sanu. He's being touted as a late 1st/early 2nd round guy, but there's nothing dynamic about his game, which makes me think other guys with better size/speed (Quick, Streeter, maybe Toon) go before him and push him into the 3rd.
dawhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How might his talents be "wasted" as a 3-4 OLB?