Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Adding a combination of Victor Cruz and Antonio Brown is just a terrible idea.

Oh yeah, he returns kicks too. Horrible.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...should we even bother discussing who we will take in Round 2?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there might be some movement.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will get our oversized redzone target later when we take:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we're done taking WRs in the draft now. I think there will definitely be some brought in as UDFAs, but i think we're done now.

I honestly have no idea who to take in the 2nd, i need to re-evaluate who is left
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely on the Streeter boat.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theres really no point in guessing anymore. baalke do what baalke do

Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Needs

-OG
-TE (maybe)
-RB
-DL
-OLB
-DB (More likely S than CB)

Whichever player you think it will be, think again. We all thought WR was an option but nobody guessed Jenkins...odds are whichever player we take, will be someone we barely discussed.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought we were going to take a guard, but although this is a surprise, I'm happy with the selection. Another receiver to help Alex. And just browsing the draft threads over the past week here, it's ridiculously apparently that people don't realize that 90% of the players drafted aren't going to be be megastars, let alone be remembered by the typical fan. This is why every single season I don't get caught up in the hype and the "hot prospects" and rising/lowering stock.

In any case, welcome to the team A.J. Jenkins. Maybe with our next pick we'll take a running back.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-27-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we can trade into begging of round 2 and get Fleener. We've traded before ( last draft) but who knows with round two.I'm so confused on players now ugh .
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started making these when I got sick of Adam Schefter spoiling the picks prior to the commissioner's announcement:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I still think we can trade into begging of round 2 and get Fleener. We've traded before ( last draft) but who knows with round two.I'm so confused on players now ugh .
They won't trade up for Fleener accept it now so you avoid heartbreak.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Jenkins seems like he was ridiculously underrated coming into the draft.

"So he's fast, has good hands and runs good routes? Meh."
Old 04-27-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I started making these when I got sick of Adam Schefter spoiling the picks prior to the commissioner's announcement:

you might be onto something here. at the very least, it would be popular here

Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Old 04-27-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is probably gonna go more spread style this year. The niners are going to be a very versatile Offense. They've totally revamped the WR core... it's been interesting, they must really think (know) that was the weak link last year.

That being said, if you draft a WR in the first round, he better have the potential to be a stud #1 guy..I don't see that with Jenkins at all....at all.

Last edited by binary : 04-27-2012 at 02:15 AM.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

And if anyone wants to use this template: http://memegenerator.net/Spoiler-Schefter
Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
This team is probably gonna go more spread style this year. The niners are going to be a very versatile Offense. They've totally revamped the WR core... it's been interesting, they must really think (know) that was the weak link last year.

That being said, if you draft a WR in the first round, he better have the potential to be a stud #1 guy..I don't see that with Jenkins at all....at all.
Spread? Not even. Jimbaugh with keep things very West Coast like always. Upgrading the talent doesn't equate to a philosphy change. Jenkins, like any other WR, better be able to block on the edge or he wont see the field. We will still be a run-heavy team. We should now be able to convert 3rd and longs if need be because we now posess the personel to stretch the defense both vertically and horizontally.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

One of the reasons the Rams were not overly flustered about missing out on wide receivers Justin Blackmon of Oklahoma State and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame is they felt they have very good wideout options at the top of the second round.
But one of the most-coveted of those options, A.J. Jenkins of the University of Illinois, was snatched away by San Francisco with the 30th pick — or third-to-last selection — of the first round.
How coveted?
League sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday afternoon that the Rams liked Jenkins so much that his grade wasn't much different than the one given Blackmon by the team's personnel department. Blackmon was the first wide receiver taken in the draft, going No. 5 to Jacksonville (which traded up with Tampa Bay for the pick.)

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...#ixzz1tE4TIRuS

Looks like we would have missed on Jenkins if we traded back to 35.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Spread? Not even. Jimbaugh with keep things very West Coast like always. Upgrading the talent doesn't equate to a philosphy change. Jenkins, like any other WR, better be able to block on the edge or he wont see the field. We will still be a run-heavy team. We should now be able to convert 3rd and longs if need be because we now posess the personel to stretch the defense both vertically and horizontally.
Jimbaugh will do whatever it takes to win. With all these wideouts, he can be versatile. Remember, the Packers run WCO concepts as well, but the spread it out like crazy.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-think-so.html
Quote:
Baalke didn't want to risk it. "When I used to work for coach (Bill) Parcells and Dick Hailey, Dick's mentality and coach's mentality was, if you like a player, take them," Baalke said. "If you like them at 30, what's the difference if you take him at 30 or 33 or 34? If you like the player, take them because if you don't take them and you trade back, you may not like the outcome."
Can't say I disagree with the mentality.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best mentality to have. Certainly with only a few spots between its better to just take him.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Jimbaugh will do whatever it takes to win. With all these wideouts, he can be versatile. Remember, the Packers run WCO concepts as well, but the spread it out like crazy.
McCarthy and Harbaugh have different philosphies. We've had this discussion before, about how Harbaugh's offense differs from other WCO's. You might see 3-wide but it wont be a spread concept is what Im saying. And I highly doubt we'll be 4 wide very often, if at all. Adding a guy like Jenkins and Manningham just means when we do have mutiple WR sets insteading of trotting out Crabs and Williams, and Swain, we can have Jenkins and MM on the outside, which will draw safties out of the middle of the field so now VD doesn't get bottled up and Crabs can be inside where he can be even more of a threat, beating up on smaller nickelbacks. So now safeties have to choose their posion. Do they help out over the top on VD and Crabs or do they let Moss, MM, and Jenkins go one-on-one on the outside.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-think-so.html

Can't say I disagree with the mentality.
Neither do I, all SF would have picked up was a 4th rounder. Not worth the risk of losing out on a player they felt was clearly their BPA. Also nice to steal him away from a division rival.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote