Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Gotta love that Baalke stays true to himself and to his board...
Baalke putting AJ's name in the envelope the night before just blew Mike Lombardi's claim that we were gonna take Irvin out of the water. It also proves that either we blew smoke up his ass or his source with the 49ers is actually some 19 year old pimply faced armchair scout on twitter claiming to be someone he is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
You guys keep laughing but I just don't why they keep taking guys lower rank them so . Hill would have been a good WR in our offense but oh well. I don't hate the pick for wide out just the person who we picked. Way to early IMO. If he went in round two I wouldn't be so mad . I will just have to wait and see if the guy is worthily of a first round pick.
There are reports that the Rams were targeting him with one of their 3 second rounders, so we might not of gotten him had we traded down. Also he was the highest rated player on our board, so while your eyes are ga ga for Hill and so were the eyes of many analysts and experts, the front office felt Jenkins was a better prospect than Hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I started making these when I got sick of Adam Schefter spoiling the picks prior to the commissioner's announcement:
Many beat reporters were spoiling picks on Twitter last night, I know that Kawakami was one of them because I unfollowed his dumba$$. Hopefully Goodell gets a message out to those idiots today and it doesn't happen.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Baalke in regards to if you want a player, go get him. I agree. I'm not pissed. Surprised and shocked but not pissed at the A.J. Jenkins pick. Hopefully, we can get a CB and an OG tonight and I'll be happy.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
Many beat reporters were spoiling picks on Twitter last night, I know that Kawakami was one of them because I unfollowed his dumba$$. Hopefully Goodell gets a message out to those idiots today and it doesn't happen.
The goal was to give back the suspension for the television coverage. Can't censor free media. I hopped off twitter around pick 25 but ended up having a buddy texting me and ruining the pick. At first I thought he meant J.Jenkins when I read the text, lol.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys keep laughing but I just don't why they keep taking guys lower rank them so . Hill would have been a good WR in our offense but oh well. I don't hate the pick for wide out just the person who we picked. Way to early IMO. If he went in round two I wouldn't be so mad . I will just have to wait and see if the guy is worthily of a first round pick.
You are getting way too fascinated with draft rankings. If the guy was supposed to be a second round pick and we take him at the end of the first round, who cares? The scouting department felt like Jenkins was the better prospect. By your logic it was a bad move to take Aldon Smith too early.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
The goal was to give back the suspension for the television coverage. Can't censor free media. I hopped off twitter around pick 25 but ended up having a buddy texting me and ruining the pick. At first I thought he meant J.Jenkins when I read the text, lol.
What do they gain by announcing the pick early ?

I'd rather they use the few minutes waiting for the pick to be announced to type up their thoughts on the pick in 140 characters or less and post it once announced than tell me who is going to picked before it is announced.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
What do they gain by announcing the pick early ?

I'd rather they use the few minutes waiting for the pick to be announced to type up their thoughts on the pick in 140 characters or less and post it once announced than tell me who is going to picked before it is announced.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see time between draft picks cut down next draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Baalke we trust. I was surprised by the name, but the pick makes sense and they not only targeted him, they have a role and plan for how he will fit and flourish in the offense. He runs good routes (better than Crabs already), gains separation (the biggest bust factor why college WRs can't last in the pros), and has natural hands to make a variety of catches. He's also taller than I thought for a labeled "speed" guy. Hill's measurables are sexy but when you look at Jenkins measurables and skill set, they're very impressive.

In reality, they drafted a younger (possibly better) Mike Wallace type of player, without giving up huge $ and having to deal with an "I'm better than Fitz" attitude.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice tidbit from the ESPN article on AJ poster earlier:

Jenkins takes pride in his versatility. During his four-year career in Champaign, the 6-foot-1 receiver lined up in a variety of spots on the field, and even handled kickoff return duties his first two years in college.

"I can play everywhere,” he said. “I learned every position. I can play outside, slot, you name it. I'm used to learning three to four different positions, so I believe that will also be a strength of mine."

Position versatility, speed, natural hands, elite agility and gains separation. Why wasn't Jenkins rated higher? I'm guessing he was 20-25th ranked prospect on the Niners board.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's fast, runs good routes, gets open, insanely productive in college despite mediocre QB play, good work ethic, no off the field issues, and comes "gold star" approved from Harbaugh and Baalke.

I can see a best case scenario of Greg Jennings/Santonio Holmes/Brandon Lloyd (not all 3 players at once, obviously). He's a playmaker and we'll be happy with the pick once the games start.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have settled into AJ Jenkins pick from last night did some research and do believe he will be a good player on our offense. I was just shocked and though we would have gone after the other big targeted players like Hill or Fleener.Fleener would could still get in the second round.

I was upset about Aldon Smith pick last year in the top 10 because I wanted us to draft Jake Locker or wide out. But that is over and done with and I'm please with Aldon now he is a beast on our defense . I will trust for Balkee and JH and who we draft in the second and be happy with it. All for know , can't wait until tonight.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Yes. the name wasn't as sexy as some others but the skills are there. This isn't a Rashaun Woods or a Kentwan Balmer head-scratcher type of pick.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was upset about Aldon Smith pick last year in the top 10 because I wanted us to draft Jake Locker or wide out. But that is over and done with and I'm please with Aldon now he is a beast on our defense . I will trust for Balkee and JH and who we draft in the second and be happy with it. All for know , can't wait until tonight.
This is why you aren't a NFL GM. :)

Old 04-27-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I believe I'm firmly on the Brandon Boykin bandwagon for Round 2, which means the Niners absolutely won't take him. LOL

Last edited by Madirishman : 04-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I believe I'm firmly on the Brandon Boykin bandwagon for Round 2, which means the Niners absolutely won't take him. LOL
I agree 100% that the 49ers WILL NOT take any players I have in mind anymore. I have a couple Guards and a couple CBs in mind for rds 2 and 3 and I know we won't get any of them. Lol. Maybe if we combined our efforts and all focused on the same player that we DON'T WANT, then the niners will actually pick one of our guys. Lol.

On that note... I want Burfict in round 2!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. the name wasn't as sexy as some others but the skills are there. This isn't a Rashaun Woods or a Kentwan Balmer head-scratcher type of pick.
kentwan definitely.. rashaun woods wasnt a head scratcher at all. dude was a monster at oklahoma state

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Boykin but he doesn't seem like the height weight speed guy they usually go after.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I like Boykin but he doesn't seem like the height weight speed guy they usually go after.
if hes a good corner and solid tackler, he'll fit.

but i just dont know whats going to happen. baalke do what baalke do.. entiendes mendes

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I really like the Jenkins pick. I think all of us were a bit enamored with the idea of nabbing a redzone threat. I 100% agree with the comparison to Victor Cruz, that was my exact thought when I watched the Northwestern game video.

My best guess for our next pick is OG. Lots of good interior linemen left. Brandon Brooks or Osemele would be great.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Would you guys trade up for Silatolu or just wait to see who falls?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
His height is why he wasn't already taken n the first and may be available late in the second. He may be good fit for the slot, complimenting Brown and Cully.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Kid seems to be wired right. Good for him working hard and earning a first round selection. I started following his Twitter feed today and Jerry Rice already reached out to him with an invitation to meet up in SF.

@Ajjenkins8 congrats on being a niner! Holla at me will take you to the hill. Lol

Time to get to work AJ!

Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His height is why he wasn't already taken n the first and may be available late in the second. He may be good fit for the slot, complimenting Brown and Cully.
I'm aware of that i'm saying I don't think the Niners will take him because he doesn't really match what Baalke looks for in corners.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illinois ranked #91 in passing yards per game.

Jenkins ranked #14 in receiving yards per game.

That near literally blows my mind.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm aware of that i'm saying I don't think the Niners will take him because he doesn't really match what Baalke looks for in corners.

It's what I'd look for....