Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Our staff must've thought our explosiveness last year was utterly pathetic.
It only takes two words to describe this: Brett Swain
Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My top 5 for pick 97 tomorrow:
1. Bobby Massie
2. Brandon Boykin
3. Alameda Ta'amu
4. Josh Norman
5. Joe Looney
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Taamu.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be fine with any defensive player TB likes
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Really don't like Ta'amu. He's a guy who never seemed to play up to his physical talents when I saw him.

Boykin, Crick, or Ronnell Lewis would all be pretty sweet. But it'll probably be someone none of us are thinking of right now. I'm pretty confident it won't be a QB, RB, K or P. That's literally it. Other than that, I could see any position being the pick. That's not a testament to the team's weakness, but rather the strength and depth of the roster that I really think they can afford to take BPA because there's not a glaring need for a starter or immediate depth anywhere.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im actually pretty bummed about Seattle getting Russell Wilson. If he were 3 inches taller, he would have been the second QB off the board. That kid has everything else you look for in a QB and I knew some team would get a steal. Just too bad it had to be to someone in our division. I can see him and CK having some epic battles in the near future if he is indeed given a fair shot to earn that gig in a few years because he's better than Flynn.

But enough about Seattle, since the Bears grabbed Hardin, my wish list for round 4 is down one. Burris, Thorpe, Marvin Jones, and Trent Robinson are all guys I'm hoping for.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-28-2012 at 10:57 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Really don't like Ta'amu. He's a guy who never seemed to play up to his physical talents when I saw him.

Boykin, Crick, or Ronnell Lewis would all be pretty sweet. But it'll probably be someone none of us are thinking of right now. I'm pretty confident it won't be a QB, RB, K or P. That's literally it. Other than that, I could see any position being the pick. That's not a testament to the team's weakness, but rather the strength and depth of the roster that I really think they can afford to take BPA because there's not a glaring need for a starter or immediate depth anywhere.
I'm a big Ronnell Lewis fan.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Man, I really wanted Doug Martin....but James will be a dynamic weapon and just an a terror to deal with for defenses. Cant wait to see him take a fly sweep around the corner and to the house. And I think Ginn needs to be very nervous. James is a dynamic returner as well. Jenkins takes his snaps on offense and James might make him expendable in return game. Guess we'll see how the roster shakes out in a few months but its hard not to see us keeping 4 RBs now.
Jenkins, Hunter, James + Cox means Ginn may be in serious trouble of losing his roster spot. All have experience in the return game/s.

Jacobs is no guarantee to make this roster by any stretch.

But competition is a good thing. TC & preseason should be exciting with all the competition we are creating on offense.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jenkins, Hunter, James + Cox means Ginn may be in serious trouble of losing his roster spot. All have experience in the return game/s.
Ginn may have 95-yd. KO returns for TDs, but can't catch a fwd. pass. He's a stone hands receiver.

Just nauseated over the pkg. Baalke assembled in this draft. IDK WTF their priorities are but they didn't match anything the pundits thought they were.

Maybe they thought the team was set at all positions, looked for depth, everything a luxury pick, but that's just plainly delusional.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Ta'amu/Chapman, Iloka or the best pass rusher available on our board are going to be names written down on our draft cards today.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Ginn may have 95-yd. KO returns for TDs, but can't catch a fwd. pass. He's a stone hands receiver.

Just nauseated over the pkg. Baalke assembled in this draft. IDK WTF their priorities are but they didn't match anything the pundits thought they were.

Maybe they thought the team was set at all positions, looked for depth, everything a luxury pick, but that's just plainly delusional.
We may be comfortable with Kilgore/Person competiting for the RG spot and Goodwin at center.

There will also be cap casualties we can look for this summer and through preseason if we need interior OL help.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who did you want to see them take in the early rounds before the draft started?

Their priorities seem pretty clear to me. Last year it seemed that Vernon Davis was our only receiving option that could get any kind of seperation in the passing game. All other WRs seemed bottled up most of the time. They bring in Moss and Manningham in FA and draft Jenkins and James so far in the draft. Seems to me that they want players that can gain seperation in the passing game. Hammering away at our weakest area doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I thought they'd go G in the 1st or 2nd rds, but this just tells me they must be comfortable with Kilgore or that they have a mid round guy in mind that they are hoping to get to compete with him or to provide depth at least.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They stuck to their board. When their pick came up, it was best player available.

Just because their player didn't match the player you or the pundits believed it should be does not make them delusional.

Let us keep in mind here that they get the paychecks for scouting and selecting players - you do not.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post

Jacobs is no guarantee to make this roster by any stretch.

But competition is a good thing. TC & preseason should be exciting with all the competition we are creating on offense.
Im going to go on record now and say Gore, Hunter, and James, barring injuries are virtually locks to make the team. Cartright will make the team because he's a STs ace so I dont count him towards the RBs, though RB is his position. Now if we can grab a rookie or two at another position....say OLB or safety, that may mean Rock has to battle it out with a couple of young guys to prove their worth on STs. Then you have Jacobs and Dixon battling for the power back role. Now unless Jacobs plans on playing STs, he will have to clearly out-perform Dixon for a roster spot. If its even remotely close, Dixon wins out because of his special teams ability. I can see only 3 backs being active on gamedays and that third back will defintely have some STs duties. Gore and Hunter are a lock to be active on Sundays. I could see James being active, and us activating 4 guys in the backfield ONLY if James becomes our PR/KR and moves Ginn off the roster.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Cartright is a lock for the roster as they may continue to add other special teams depth today.

They might have made 2 "luxury" picks, but these players were specifically targeted for roles on the team where there we holes/needs, so in actuality, they did draft need, not just blind, hopeful depth. The teams like the Niners that have a plan of how each player fits into their system do better than those that try to just accumulate talent in positions of need.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another trade back
Old 04-28-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another trade!
Quote:
The 49ers have traded the 97th pick to Miami for their 4th round pick (103), 6th rd (196) and a 6th round pick in 2013.
49ers now have 10 picks in next year's draft.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Another trade!

49ers now have 10 picks in next year's draft.
I really like this - There's still plenty of talent available right now, we can wait and let someone slide to us. And then next year we are already equipping ourselves with the ability to move around some more.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Omar Bolden was taken :(
Old 04-28-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're just stockpiling picks so we can trade up for Boykin.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

And another....
Old 04-28-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers trade down again to Panthers. Harbaugh and Baalke collecting late day 3 picks like the way those people on Doomsday Preppers collect canned goods.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
@JedYork: Panthers are on the clock for their 6th (pick 180) & next years 3rd Rd pick #49ers
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Dammit, we traded back yet again......I was jonesin for a pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the trade downs... pick 92 turns into an extra 2 6th round picks this year, and 3 picks next year (3, 5, and 6). Awesome. And we still have a 4th round pick.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote