Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Boykin is an Eagle....
Yeah the fact that Philly took him makes me think some teams are expecting Boykin to start on the PUP or have to sit out longer. The Eagles have a history of nabbing players with serious medical concerns:
Jack Ikegwuonu, Cornelius Ingram and last year when they signed Steve Smith
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I knew Boykin likely wasn't going to happen, especially after the Niners first 2 draftees have already added some speed and return ability competition; part of Boykin's value. They have a CB and/or S targeted for later in the Draft I'm sure, perhaps with the next pick.

Realistically, he isn't a great fit nor what Baalke looks for in a CB. Can you see him trying to line up against Fitz or Floyd anytime soon, with them jumping up to snatch a pass, their crotch in Boykin's face? I can't...or don't want to.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Jones is still available :D

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some reads on Looney:

http://cache.profootballweekly.com/p...joe-looney-78/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...668/joe-looney

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=OG

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=36260

Projected Round 6-7 on a lot of Draft profiles. I see his talent/value as more where he was selected.

Kid has been solid since high school but has battled injuries. He is definitely an interior mauler type of player. C and G depth with potential to start if coached up.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 04-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Yes, I knew Boykin likely wasn't going to happen, especially after the Niners first 2 draftees have already added some speed and return ability competition; part of Boykin's value. They have a CB and/or S targeted for later in the Draft I'm sure, perhaps with the next pick.

Realistically, he isn't a great fit nor what Baalke looks for in a CB. Can you see him trying to line up against Fitz or Floyd anytime soon, with them jumping up to snatch a pass, their crotch in Boykin's face? I can't...or don't want to.
Right, but why would we expect Boykin to be lining up against other team's #1 receivers? I envisioned him making plays from the slot.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just woke up and went online to see who we drafted in the 4th and nice, we have an extra 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th next year.

With the drafting of Jenkins and James and Baalke wanting two draft picks in each round next year, who do you guys think that Baalke would trade from the current roster? I wont be surprised if Crabtree, maybe Dixon, Kyle Williams, Ginn possibly and maybe others like Grant, Gooden or Haralson get traded before final cuts are done.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mInd Cam Johnson or DaJohn Harris coming up for the 5th round pick
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to know that we'll have a lot of picks in next year's draft.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It's nice to know that we'll have a lot of picks in next year's draft.
Very New England-like. Now we have the ability to move up and down next year. We still have 4 picks later today too.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Very Bill Walsh-like. Now we have the ability to move up and down next year. We still have 4 picks later today too.
Fixed. Please don't compare us to the Patriots again.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fixed. Please don't compare us to the Patriots again.
For sure. The Patriots pulled a bunch of trade downs in the past few years, and quite frankly, have squandered most of those picks they stockpiled. I haven't liked their drafts for a while now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Thinking Cam Johnson, Jonathan Massaquoi, Justin Bethel, Ryan Steed, Dajohn Harris, James Hanna or Kheeston Randall.

Well see though :)
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marvin Jones is still available :D
I still have no clue why no one has jumped on Jones. I mean it happens every draft....a guy who's stock is apparently rising, gets his name called much much later than anyone anticipated. Saw Burris went to the Raiders :\
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

49ers picked up Darius Fleming. OLB. Sweet.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Baalke looked fumed when Massaquoi was picked..
Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Niners fill the backup OLB spot with Notre Damer Darius Fleming. He's nothing special, but I've seen a ton of him and he's solid. Outside chance he becomes more than a backup, but not likely. Probably gets replaced with one of our 83 draft picks next year.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals are winning the draft. But 9ers take a ND player thus we are winning the SB.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

We lost the Marvin Jones sweepstakes.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Trent Baalke looked fumed when Massaquoi was picked..
Apparently he also looked mad when Gino Gradkowski was picked. I hope we didn't just settle for plan B picks today

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like they're acquiring picks for next year so they can be better prepared for the UFA's they have in 2014. Nice, very nice.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

S Trenton Robinson, MSU is the 180th pick
Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
S Trenton Robinson, MSU is the 180th pick
Big fan of this pick - comes in and can back up the safety spot, has the speed and toughness to contribute on special teams.

Good pick this late I think.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

Really wanted this kid with Hardin off the board. Love this kid's potential. Bob Sanders with cover skills. Kid can play in space as well come up and be physical around the LOS. Institive player with great speed. I think we got a steal.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Really pumped about the Robinson pick. I think the kid has chance to become a starter sooner rather than later. He led all DBs at the Combine in the 3-Cone (6.55s), short shuttle(3.97s), broad jump(11' 1"), and 40 yard dash time(4.33). Crazy athlete to go along with being a solid football player. Love, Love, LOVE this pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

6.199- Jason Slowey, Center

Streeter went 1 pick before...Brandon Washington went 1 pick later. Think i would have liked either of those picks over Slowey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Really pumped about the Robinson pick. I think the kid has chance to become a starter sooner rather than later. He led all DBs at the Combine in the 3-Cone (6.55s), short shuttle(3.97s), broad jump(11' 1"), and 40 yard dash time(4.33). Crazy athlete to go along with being a solid football player. Love, Love, LOVE this pick.
I remember you liked Culliver when everyone else was bagging on the pick...so i'll trust your analysis of DB's :D. Nice to hear.