Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too much negativity. you guys act like the draft is gonna make or break our season and stephen hill or coby fleener were gonna be our saviors because we are soooooooo terrible.

we bring back the leagues best defense and added some nice pieces through free agency on offense. it didn't matter who we got this year in the draft because they won't be playing much, i presume. just trust that the staff (you know, those guys that are PAID to do this ****) did the right thing and didn't draft based on opinions of draftniks on message boards.

lets be honest here, did any of you know who the hell stephen hill was BEFORE he ran is 40?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising to come in here and see the broken hearted yelling about how much we didn't win the "name draft". Robert Quinn or Prince Amukumara would have been more of a "name" pick for us last year in the 1st round over Aldon. You guys upset about that? Most of us thought that G or WR would be the 1st pick. It was a WR and Jenkins would have went early to mid 2nd if we didn't get him where we did. Everyone had a hard-on for Hill and he wasn't even the 1st WR off the board in the 2nd round.

I was surprised when Jenkins name was called and when James was selected, but it should be pretty obvious that they want offensive players that can get more seperation in the passing game. Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, and James. That's a complete overhaul on offense. That's where this team needed to improve and that's where we have improved.

Have some faith, fellas.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yea, I just realized the site I got his numbers from flip-flopped his and Josh Robinson's numbers. May not be the elite athlete I thought he was but still heck of a talent who's tape is where my excitement for him comes.

And I hate when ppl start judging a draft haul, hours after its over. So if you judge last year's draft on paper, we should have never been 13-3 right? C'mon ppl, its getting old. I like the talent we've added. Do I like all the picks? Not even. It wasn't sexy but it was a effective draft. And most importantly, I trust the man running it. Lets see what ppl have to say about this draft 8 months from now.
Understood as far as judging the draft but this is a draft forum....we've been expressing our projections, guesses, and preferences for months. Are we to have no opinion on draft day? Just say, "well Baalke knows best"...I trust Baalke too but is it out of line to express a dissenting opinion?? My god what is the point of this site if everybody just falls in line with whoever is picked and never has an opinion of there own.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
So it's not a reach because his name was in an envelope the night before? I don't care if Baalke wrote Santa Claus a letter at Christmas asking for Jenkins, it's still a reach.

PS. Whats up with your "a"? Backwards with an accent? Pretty fancy...
Its a reach to whom? To you? Of course because you dont like the pick. Your logic is flawed because you assuming everyone has the same grade on players and everyone's board is the same. If you we really liked Jenkins and knew he wouldnt be there when we picked in the 2nd(which he would not have been) you take the player you most covet at 30, end of discussion. Each team determines value. Not draft pundits and media draft mocks. Was Cully a reach last year as a 3rd rounder? What about trading up to draft Kilgore before most expected him to go off the board? What about drafting a conference player of the year defender at DE and making him a FB? Since when has Baalke given a rat's ass what anybody else puts value on? He determine's what a player's value is to this team.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Understood as far as judging the draft but this is a draft forum....we've been expressing our projections, guesses, and preferences for months. Are we to have no opinion on draft day? Just say, "well Baalke knows best"...I trust Baalke too but is it out of line to express a dissenting opinion?? My god what is the point of this site if everybody just falls in line with whoever is picked and never has an opinion of there own.
it just gets annoying after a while. like yeah youre disappointed, we heard you in the first five posts but theres nothing you can do about it. having an opinion is fine but crying for it over and over, when nothing will ever change whether you post it once or one hundred times, gets annoying.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I'm a newcomer here but I have to agree, why is it that disagreeing with some of the picks is perceived to be a bad thing? I don't know about the rest of you but I have a mind of my own and if I don't like one or more of the picks then I think a site like this would be the perfect place to express such dissenting opinions...
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is a herd mentality around here. Hill runs fast. He's big. Megatron and Thomas played college ball where he did. We love Hill!!! All of us... pretty much.

Fleener ran faster than expected. Good size. Harbaugh is familiar with him. We can use 2 TE sets like New England does!!! We love Fleener!!! Again all of us... pretty much.

But some of us realize that there is a damn good chance that Baalke is not going to pick those guys. This is his job. Not ours. We are ok with falling in line like good little fans that we are and trusting him. We will support and cheer for anyone that becomes part of the San Francisco 49ers! Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 04-28-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I'm a newcomer here but I have to agree, why is it that disagreeing with some of the picks is perceived to be a bad thing? I don't know about the rest of you but I have a mind of my own and if I don't like one or more of the picks then I think a site like this would be the perfect place to express such dissenting opinions...
Only you guys aren't really discussing anything... youre just screaming disappointment and reach, reach, reach...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its a reach to whom? To you? Of course because you dont like the pick. Your logic is flawed because you assuming everyone has the same grade on players and everyone's board is the same. If you we really liked Jenkins and knew he wouldnt be there when we picked in the 2nd(which he would not have been) you take the player you most covet at 30, end of discussion. Each team determines value. Not draft pundits and media draft mocks. Was Cully a reach last year as a 3rd rounder? What about trading up to draft Kilgore before most expected him to go off the board? What about drafting a conference player of the year defender at DE and making him a FB? Since when has Baalke given a rat's ass what anybody else puts value on? He determine's what a player's value is to this team.
No that's not an assumption I made actually. I don't like Jenkins that much, I think he was a reach at 30, is that ok with you? Now the value we get from sites like this with reputable scouts is questionable indeed but that's the best we can get. You are committing a logical fallacy when you assume that because last years picks worked out that this year's will too.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Im not supposed to have a opinion of ppl making grandiose statements like 'everyone in the divison gained ground on us', things that are just way off base and just isnt true? Entitlement doesn't equate knowledge. So when you say, "our draft sucked" sure your entitled to the opinion, dont try to pass it off as if its been proven already.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
It is a herd mentality around here. Hill runs fast. He's big. Megatron and Thomas played college ball where he did. We love Hill!!! All of us... pretty much.

Fleener ran faster than expected. Good size. Harbaugh is familiar with him. We can use 2 TE sets like New England does!!! We love Fleener!!! Again all of us... pretty much.

But some of us realize that there is a damn good chance that Baalke is not going to pick those guys. This is his job. Not ours. We are ok with falling in line like good little fans that we are and trusting him. We will support and cheer for anyone that becomes part of the San Francisco 49ers! Nothing wrong with that.
Agreed, nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with being critical of things you don't agree with IMO
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
And Im not supposed to have a opinion of ppl making grandiose statements like 'everyone in the divison gained ground on us', things that are just way off base and just isnt true? Entitlement doesn't equate knowledge. So when you say, "our draft sucked" sure your entitled to the opinion, dont try to pass it off as if its been proven already.
Don't forget that he crowned us the "Raiders of the 2012 draft" already.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
When I say, "our draft sucked" it is inferred that it is opinion. How the hell could it be proven?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

being critical and bitching are two different things

Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Don't forget that he crowned us the "Raiders of the 2012 draft" already.
I believe I asked if we were the Raiders of the 2012 draft. Is that the same thing as crowning? Probably not..
Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
being critical and bitching are two different things
Aren't you bitching about him? At least Shupp was talking about football....
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The majority of the players that are drafted people forget about. Like 90% of them. This is probably the most overrated function in the NFL. This is why I stopped looking into people's "stock" rising or falling years ago. And the same reason why I stopped caring about watching the entire thing live. Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh have proven thus far, that they know what they are doing for the most part. That doesn't mean people can't have differing opinions when it comes to the draft, but at the same time folks need to realize that this is just a small piece of the puzzle and won't define our season. The Saints didn't have any early picks this year, doesn't mean they won't be playoff contenders still. People were saying Aldon Smith was a reach last year too. Oops.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Aren't you bitching about him? At least Shupp was talking about football....
nope, i'm bitching about both of you.

be positive. you guys act like the draft, alone, was gonna take us back to the NFC championship

Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know if it's grandiose to say all the other teams in our division added more to their teams than we did,it's not necessarily true but it's certainly not unreasonable to say so. I would tend to agree if I had to give a yes/no answer. Or is that too negative for this cheerleader forum?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a problem with dissenting opinion. But some of the logic is flawed, which is what causes the reactions you're getting. The term "reach" is so damn subjective. Especially when you're picking 30th. The prospects from about 15 to 40 are so tightly grouped together, it really just comes down to a team's personal preference. Once you understand that, then you'll understand why most will "fall in line. "

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
nope, i'm bitching about both of you.

be positive. you guys act like the draft, alone, was gonna take us back to the NFC championship
This is a draft forum, we are talking about this years draft, seems reasonable to me...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is a draft forum, we are talking about this years draft, seems reasonable to me...
talking about the draft is fine. i welcome that. but the constant bitching is annoying. thats all im saying. be that as it may, you are more than welcome to ***** on. just dont get defensive when i call you annoying

Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
I believe I asked if we were the Raiders of the 2012 draft. Is that the same thing as crowning? Probably not..
Yeah because we have a history of drafting similar to the Raiders, right? I mean the Raiders would draft guys 3 or 4 rds higher than popular opinion had those players. We drafted Jenkins and James maybe 1 rd higher than people thought they'd go, so that is obviously the same thing...

Overreacting is all I'm saying.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I don't have a problem with dissenting opinion. But some of the logic is flawed, which is what causes the reactions you're getting. The term "reach" is so damn subjective. Especially when you're picking 30th. The prospects from about 15 to 40 are so tightly grouped together, it really just comes down to a team's personal preference. Once you understand that, then you'll understand why most will "fall in line. "
So my logic is flawed if in my opinion it's a reach? Logically that would mean that not only am I not allowed to have an opinion but that there was no chance that this is actually a reach. Lets be honest logic has little to do with a draft forum. Now if you want to fall in line I'm ok with that, I never attacked anybody for falling in line until I was attacked for having my own opinion that this was a bad draft.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah because we have a history of drafting similar to the Raiders, right? I mean the Raiders would draft guys 3 or 4 rds higher than popular opinion had those players. We drafted Jenkins and James maybe 1 rd higher than people thought they'd go, so that is obviously the same thing...

Overreacting is all I'm saying.
Again it was a question not a statement, you could have summarized your position by stating, "no".