Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on the OPINION that it was a reach. lets look at the facts, shall we?

AJ Jenkins was gonna be the pick from the get go. what does it matter if we picked him at 30 or traded back (and possibly lost him) and got him later? how much additional picks could we have gotten moving back from 30??? HE STILL WAS GONNA BE THE PICK, whether we like it or not.

and what does it say about stephen hill that the RAMS (who reportedly wanted Jenkins and needed a good WR) passed up on him?

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 04-28-2012 at 09:35 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
talking about the draft is fine. i welcome that. but the constant bitching is annoying. thats all im saying. be that as it may, you are more than welcome to ***** on. just dont get defensive when i call you annoying
I think that, "yes men" like you are annoying. But you probably keep that coffee nice and hot for your boss everyday don't you?
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
on the OPINION that it was a reach. lets look at the facts, shall we?

AJ Jenkins was gonna be the pick from the get go. what does it matter if we picked him at 30 or traded back (and possibly lost him) and got him later? how much additional picks could we have gotten moving back from 30??? HE STILL WAS GONNA BE THE PICK, whether we like it or not.
Thank you sir, finally a post without a personal attack! Is the average age of the members here 16 by the way? Enough of that....ok so if Jenkins had to be pick we could have made the deal with MIN possibly and moved back...what pick did BAL get again?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I think that, "yes men" like you are annoying. But you probably keep that coffee nice and hot for your boss everyday don't you?
1. im mormon, i dont drink coffee. (one of the FEW rules i dont break)

2. im a college athlete, i dont have a boss yet.

and if a being "yes man" does get me a job then i'll be one. but keep being a "rebel" and "going against the grain" and let me know how that works out for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thank you sir, finally a post without a personal attack! Is the average age of the members here 16 by the way? Enough of that....ok so if Jenkins had to be pick we could have made the deal with MIN possibly and moved back...what pick did BAL get again?
Ravens got 3rd overall in the 2nd from the vikes.. Rams were picking 1st in the 2nd. would you have wanted to trade with them?? so they could take Aj Jenkins at 30??

Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
1. im mormon, i dont drink coffee. (one of the FEW rules i dont break)

2. im a college athlete, i dont have a boss yet.

and if a being "yes man" does get me a job then i'll be one. but keep being a "rebel" and "going against the grain" and let me know how that works out for you.
1) I love coffee

2) I do have a boss, who appreciates and values independent thought..

It's working out great so far, I'm a law student and work full time. For some reason I also choose to waste some time on this site...
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Ravens got 3rd overall in the 2nd from the vikes.. Rams were picking 1st in the 2nd. would you have wanted to trade with them?? so they could take Aj Jenkins at 30??
Well I guess I would because Fleener, Hill, and Quick were still on the board. In round 2 I was really hoping for Brandon Brooks, what did you think about the board at round 2?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well I guess I would because Fleener, Hill, and Quick were still on the board. In round 2 I was really hoping for Brandon Brooks, what did you think about the board at round 2?
i was hoping for silatolu to fall but i guess teams were higher on him than i thought

Old 04-28-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was hoping for silatolu to fall but i guess teams were higher on him than i thought
I loved Silatolu, thought he was a slightly smaller version of Iupati. Kilgore and Silatolu competing for the RG spot would have been great. My top two at the 2nd pick were Trumaine Johnson and Josh Robinson...
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

the fact that they didn't draft an o lineman till way later tells me that kilgore is their guy. but, i know how you feel about that situation shupp lol

Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
I was also not happy to see Osemele and Curry drafted right in front of us.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez.....reading the posts from the last few pages has surprised me as I thought that I would be mr. negative. LOL. Instead, im disappointed that we didnt draft Fleener at 30 but after watching a video of Jenkins and James, I must admit that im excited to see what both of them can do. Best of all, with the drafting of James, Jacobs should be gone which alone makes me happy and Jenkins seems to be more pro ready than Hill would have been so hopefully, he can challenge Crabtree and Manningham. I wont count Moss since him even being around for the entire season is 50/50 and he's basically a one year deal anyway.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

im still wondering why we even signed jacobs in the first place.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the fact that they didn't draft an o lineman till way later tells me that kilgore is their guy. but, i know how you feel about that situation shupp lol
"Hello Jason Brown, we have a limo waiting for you outside sir"
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
im still wondering why we even signed jacobs in the first place.
Purely short yardage and goaline at the expense of Dixon I think.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Jeez.....reading the posts from the last few pages has surprised me as I thought that I would be mr. negative. LOL. Instead, im disappointed that we didnt draft Fleener at 30 but after watching a video of Jenkins and James, I must admit that im excited to see what both of them can do. Best of all, with the drafting of James, Jacobs should be gone which alone makes me happy and Jenkins seems to be more pro ready than Hill would have been so hopefully, he can challenge Crabtree and Manningham. I wont count Moss since him even being around for the entire season is 50/50 and he's basically a one year deal anyway.
What do you think the James pick means for Kendall?? How do you give them both carries? Don't tell me they are thinking of parting with Gore....
Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Forget Brown, I wanna see Kilgore!!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

believe it or not, this girl on twitter was actually trying to make that sound plausible (getting rid of gore in a year or two)

Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I also think James poses more of a threat to Kendall which I don't fully understand. This is the reason I did not like the James pick. I do think James is an upgrade don't get me wrong but I really like Kendall.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
believe it or not, this girl on twitter was actually trying to make that sound plausible (getting rid of gore in a year or two)
It would save some cash but would be a huge mistake I think. In 2 years though..I could see that.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That's not what he meant the point was Jenkins was a lot more highly rated among NFL teams.
Quote:
Per CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the 49ers, Jets, and Ravens all would have taken Bruce Irvin in the first round had he made it to their pick.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To anyone relatively new posting in here, this is not 49erswebzone or 49ers.com message boards. We are a little bit more knowledgable and know what is going on. Most everyone's posts are well thought out and concise, so please don't bring any of that crap in here.

Thank you
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Quote:
Per CBS Sports' Rob Rang, the 49ers, Jets, and Ravens all would have taken Bruce Irvin in the first round had he made it to their pick.
However....

http://youtu.be/onbBiAO5srU
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
To anyone relatively new posting in here, this is not 49erswebzone or 49ers.com message boards. We are a little bit more knowledgable and know what is going on. Most everyone's posts are well thought out and concise, so please don't bring any of that crap in here.

Thank you
Not sure if you are singling me out since the only other person involved in a debate today joined before you did apparently but I have been concise and professional. It seems some of your, "regulars" are of the opinion that it is ok to attack people personally if they have a dissenting opinion. When that happens of course the other person will respond and before you know it you have 3 pages of garbage posts. I would disagree as to who you are assigning fault to however, if it is even appropriate for you to assign blame to anyone for that matter...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post

Thank you
Concise and "Knowledgable"...LOL....from what I can tell if you don't want to hug Baalke around the knees every time he drafts, you get rude personal attacks in return. Yeah very concise and knowledgeable indeed...

EDIT: That was unnecessary Shupp

Last edited by Borat : 04-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.