Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really like Trent Robinson in round 6, I was hoping for Iloka in the 4th but I think Robinson will have a chance to be our 3rd safety relatively early.
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I know nothing about Fleming though, seems a little undersized to play OLB in a 3-4, but maybe a core special teamer?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Upon review, it seems you and I are the two most tenured of the active Niners fans, so someone has to play the "old man" card.
Damn, we joined on the same exact day. Did not know that. I know I'm older though so I'll go ahead and be the cranky neighbor.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart View Post
I don't "know" this. That's why I qualified it by saying that it is not necessarily true and I never inferred that all of my hopes laid in the draft. Only that during these 3 days that we lost a little of the gap that we have between us and the other 3 teams in our division. That shouldn't be too shocking, after all that is what the draft is designed to do to some extent. The worse teams did pick before us after all. And yes this is my opinion, I am not stating it as fact, I guess I will need to add this disclaimer to each post...lol you guys have some characters here that's for sure.

C'mon, quit playing the victim. Of course I know its your opinion. And Im telling you why I believe your opinion is based on flawed logic. You asked for dialogue but then when its not what you expect, its "us" that are the problem. I didnt attack you personally. Didnt call you any names like your friend did the other posters here. I gave you my take that your stance isnt a fair one. If your looking for me to agree with you, that ain't happening. So all our dialogue will be is two opposing views clashing. Seems you can't have someone disagree with you without seing it as some personal slight. Your problem sir, not mine.

And a little video I thought you might like. Still just "opinion" so take from it what you will
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...rades-NFC-West

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know nothing about Fleming though, seems a little undersized to play OLB in a 3-4, but maybe a core special teamer?
I'm wondering if Baalke eyes Fleming as an option at ILB as well as occasionally rushing from OLB.

Both Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden are on 1-year deals, and I thought Baalke expressed his dissatisfaction with Green Bay's selection of Terrell Manning, not Jonathan Massaquoi.

Dunno. Guess we'll find out.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
C'mon, quit playing the victim. Of course I know its your opinion. And Im telling you why I believe your opinion is based on flawed logic. You asked for dialogue but then when its not what you expect, its "us" that are the problem. I didnt attack you personally. Didnt call you any names like your friend did the other posters here. I gave you my take on your stance isnt a fair one. If your looking for me to agree with you, that ain't happening. So all our dialogue will be is two opposing views clashing. Seems you can't have someone disagree with you without seing it as some personal slight. Your problem sir, not mine.

And a little video I thought you might like. Still just "opinion" so take from it what you will
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...rades-NFC-West
Oh geeze this is not close to what I was saying and I think you know that. This can go back and forth for another 25 posts or more but I think all has been said that needs to be said.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really liked our draft. I think Jenkins and James will make an immediate impact.

It looked like Baalke missed out on some guys he wanted to get on day 3.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

What do you guys think about the 3rd round pick we traded down twice with and ended up shipping our 4th for a 3rd next year?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
honestly i dont know much about cam johnson. from what mcshay says his film doesn't match up with the workout numbers and i thought i seen someone say he has sickle cell which could get pretty serious if not handled properly
He's absolutely right. Cam never amassed double digit sacks for us in any of his four years. Kept waiting for him to become that force on the edge and it never happened. I think he's a depth player at best. He's a underwhelming pass-rusher and just a ok athlete. Plus his medical had alot to do with his fall. He has sickle cell anemia and it causes him joint and muscle pain at times as well as causing him to tire quicker than the average person. That's one thing I always questioned....his motor. I'll be surprised if he makes the team honestly. But he was good value there so I understood the pick.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Really liked our draft. I think Jenkins and James will make an immediate impact.

It looked like Baalke missed out on some guys he wanted to get on day 3.
Gino Gradkowski drafted # 98 by the ravens really hurt Baalke by some accounts....
Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gino Gradkowski drafted # 98 by the ravens really hurt Baalke by some accounts....
He also seemed very disappointed when Massaquoi was selected 1 pick before ours in the 5th.
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of the draft. We get 2 offensive playmakers with speed, improve our depth across the team in need positions, and those players can become future starters (Looney, Slowey, Robinson). Fleming and Johnson are likely career backups but with Aldon and Brooks that's fine. I also love that we added 3 picks next year, including a future 3. That gives us 4 top 100 picks next year and the flexibility to manipulate the draft, much like Walsh did back in the day.

I give us betwee a B and B+. Solid haul IMO.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
He's absolutely right. Cam never amassed double digit sacks for us in any of his four years. Kept waiting for him to become that force on the edge and it never happened. I think he's a depth player at best. He's a underwhelming pass-rusher and just a ok athlete. Plus his medical had alot to do with his fall. He has sickle cell anemia and it causes him joint and muscle pain at times as well as causing him to tire quicker than the average person. That's one thing I always questioned....his motor. I'll be surprised if he makes the team honestly. But he was good value there so I understood the pick.
hmmm well a 7th round pick who has a chance to make the roster is still pretty good value. I got wowed by a highlight tape.....
Old 04-29-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm wondering if Baalke eyes Fleming as an option at ILB as well as occasionally rushing from OLB.

Both Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden are on 1-year deals, and I thought Baalke expressed his dissatisfaction with Green Bay's selection of Terrell Manning, not Jonathan Massaquoi.

Dunno. Guess we'll find out.
I was thinking that Fleming would move inside too. I don't really know much about him, but I wonder if he has the ability to play all 4 LB positions.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Upon review, it seems you and I are the two most tenured of the active Niners fans, so someone has to play the "old man" card.
Actually I think 49erfan_87 has you both beat by a month lol
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
He also seemed very disappointed when Massaquoi was selected 1 pick before ours in the 5th.
This is the dilemma. Was he upset with their trade up for Terrell Manning?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually I think 49erfan_87 has you both beat by a month lol
You should look again lol

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I was thinking that Fleming would move inside too. I don't really know much about him, but I wonder if he has the ability to play all 4 LB positions.
Good athlete, ran a 4.77, 27 reps, and 33.5 vert. @245 Lbs
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I think passing on Streeter will eventually look like a very poor decision. Though I like the longterm potential of Looney.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
TaylorMaysBrokeMyHeart
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I think passing on Streeter will eventually look like a very poor decision. Though I like the longterm potential of Looney.
Streeter in the 5th would have been MONEY!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

The biggest positive I take from this draft is this big if...

IF

Joe Looney and Jason Slowey pan out with Kilgore and Person...

OT - Staley, Davis, Boone
G/C - Iupati, Kilgore, Person, Looney, Slowey

Baalke won't have to address the O-Line aggressively for YEARS!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm a fan of the draft. We get 2 offensive playmakers with speed, improve our depth across the team in need positions, and those players can become future starters (Looney, Slowey, Robinson). Fleming and Johnson are likely career backups but with Aldon and Brooks that's fine. I also love that we added 3 picks next year, including a future 3. That gives us 4 top 100 picks next year and the flexibility to manipulate the draft, much like Walsh did back in the day.

I give us betwee a B and B+. Solid haul IMO.
I think James may surprsie some. Jimbaugh coached against him and one of the first things he said in his presser is they didnt view him as a 3rd down back. They saw him as a complete back. A guy who can be a every down back. I think that cod hold true. If you would have told me Chris Johnson would turn into a every down back in the league when he was drafted I'd have said you were silly. But he's a good example of what James could become. A dynamic runner who doesn't take alot of punishment and grows into the role of a featured back. Intially I could see us using him kind of the way KC uses McCluster....as a.weapon lined up all over but if he looks good between the tackles he could surprise some and turn into a solid runner.

I like Looney. Might translate better to center but I think he has some skills to draw from which translate well to our scheme. Love Robinson, think he's going to be a steal for us. I like Fleming as a STs guy intially and a guy who is solid but not really outstanding at anything. Could develop into quality depth if he sticks around.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
You should look again lol
Touche....thought it said 2005. Im sleepy lol
Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just signed Stanford DE Matt Masifilo
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hooray for more polynesians!!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote