Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I think that statement is solely dependent on whether or not the Panthers are able to maintain a top 5 rushing offense again this year. Word is, they may be shopping Jonathan Stewart during the draft. If they pick up a 2nd rounder for this guy, and can add 2-3 defensive contributors, they will contend.
I think they could contend as well, just saying, it is one tough division where success won't come easily.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think they could contend as well, just saying, it is one tough division where success won't come easily.
Agreed. (10 char)
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Again, Cutler had awful WRs and one of the worst if not THE worst OL in the league.

When your best WR is Knox, you have a problem. You can't compare the numbers, Stafford has an infinitely more talented supporting cast on offense than Cutler.

I'm not saying Stafford is a bad qb. I just need to see a bigger sample size. I think they're very similar, and Stafford has potential to surprass him, but can we get another good year out of Stafford before we rub him down with the anointing oil?
But he has a uber talented RB which helps him more, considering Stafford has no one in the backfield to help take some burden off the passing game. The fact that Stafford had virtually no run game all year, and teams still couldnt stop him from putting up ridiculous numbers every week helps his case. But honestly, I think Cutler = Stafford. They're pretty much the same QB in my eyes.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I think Jake Delhomme broke his spirit.
he broke all of our spirits....i think Carolina could win the division but i still dont know about our defense mainly our run defense. if we do win the division i still dont see us winning more than 9 games due to our defense and continued lack of a number 2 receiver.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
But he has a uber talented RB which helps him more, considering Stafford has no one in the backfield to help take some burden off the passing game. The fact that Stafford had virtually no run game all year, and teams still couldnt stop him from putting up ridiculous numbers every week helps his case. But honestly, I think Cutler = Stafford. They're pretty much the same QB in my eyes.
Well we had no run game either. But that's when it comes down to the offensive play calling and system. We wanted to stick to balance as much as possible so we still ran the ball even though we stunk at it.

They just stopped with balance and Stafford threw for over 600 times. That's a lot! No wonder he is going to get production! 663 times and Brees with 657 last year and 658 times this year.

They are all good QBs, but now system, and play calling becomes a function when you examine personnel too.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well we had no run game either. But that's when it comes down to the offensive play calling and system. We wanted to stick to balance as much as possible so we still ran the ball even though we stunk at it.

They just stopped with balance and Stafford threw for over 600 times. That's a lot! No wonder he is going to get production! 663 times and Brees with 657 last year and 658 times this year.

They are all good QBs, but now system, and play calling becomes a function when you examine personnel too.
Meh, what's the balance in doing something over and over again, that your not good at? Teams play to their strengths when their backs are against the wall. The Lions were trying to make the playoffs. They were trying to win games the best way they could. I didnt see too much balance from you guys when Eli threw the ball 58 times in the NFCCG. Because it was win or go home and if you were going to lose, you were going to do it playing to your strength as an offense. They hit a stretch where they lost some games and they couldnt get production out of the RB position. When your two best players are your QB and your WR, its best to not overthink things and put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. I see nothing wrong in the approach they took. It got them to the playoffs. A better defense could have gotten them to a playoff win.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Meh, what's the balance in doing something over and over again, that your not good at? Teams play to their strengths when their backs are against the wall. The Lions were trying to make the playoffs. They were trying to win games the best way they could. I didnt see too much balance from you guys when Eli threw the ball 58 times in the NFCCG. Because it was win or go home and if you were going to lose, you were going to do it playing to your strength as an offense. They hit a stretch where they lost some games and they couldnt get production out of the RB position. When your two best players are your QB and your WR, its best to not overthink things and put the ball in the hands of your playmakers. I see nothing wrong in the approach they took. It got them to the playoffs. A better defense could have gotten them to a playoff win.

We tried establishing the run. 25 times wasn't bad. I just saying, if QBs are going to throw that many times, then it's not surprising that Stafford and Brees get their stats too. Makes me respect Rodgers more for getting his production with only 504 passing attempts.

We are a balanced team, and you took 1 element away. We tried to stick with it, and we are also well rounded on offense. This season was a mess because we were dead last. If possible watch, that 589 attempts will drop.

I doubt Brees and Stafford have that number dropped If I were to guess maybe Stafford certainly not Brees and NO.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We tried establishing the run. 25 times wasn't bad. I just saying, if QBs are going to throw that many times, then it's not surprising that Stafford and Brees get their stats too. Makes me respect Rodgers more for getting his production with only 504 passing attempts.

We are a balanced team, and you took 1 element away. We tried to stick with it, and we are also well rounded on offense. This season was a mess because we were dead last. If possible watch, that 589 attempts will drop.

I doubt Brees and Stafford have that number dropped If I were to guess maybe Stafford certainly not Brees and NO.
What Im saying is, untill they can improve on other aspects of the offense, nothing wrong with hitching your wagons to two stallions and seeing where that takes you. I seriously hope they understand they can't win like that, year in and year out.

And it made more sense for you guys to try and be balanced throughout the year because of the talent at RB you posessed. The Lions were not in same boat, in terms of talent. Thats why I can give them a pass(no pun intended).
Old 04-21-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Panthers hype is deja vu:

2011: "OMG Josh Freeman is the greatest QB!! He can pass and run! OMFG he's unstoppable defenses can't gameplan for him! NFC South FTW!"

2012: "OMG Cam Newton is the greatest QB!! He can pass and run! OMFG he's unstoppable defenses can't gameplan for him! NFC South FTW!"

Newton and Freeman are talented and all, but they have a long way to go before being what many fans think they already are.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Cutler is the most underrated qb on this forum.

Stafford can become better than Cutler, but I'm not ready to say that yet. Give me another year.

Both are very good fwiw. I think that the Bears just have a better defense, and they both have comparable offenses. So the Bears get the edge to me
What? Cutler is universally jizzed on in these forums. Every time anybody questions him they are immediately shut down. I don't dislike Cutler either, just saying. I don't want to hear people fall back on the Cutler weapons excuse after this year though. Top 5 running back, top 10 receiver, and a decent option in Earl Bennett. Whenever Knox comes back he's a good player too.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
What? Cutler is universally jizzed on in these forums. Every time anybody questions him they are immediately shut down. I don't dislike Cutler either, just saying. I don't want to hear people fall back on the Cutler weapons excuse after this year though. Top 5 running back, top 10 receiver, and a decent option in Earl Bennett. Whenever Knox comes back he's a good player too.
Offensive line is still the most important thing in football besides QB though, and the Bears OL would struggle blocking North Dakota State. That alone should give Cutler a lot more respect.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Offensive line is still the most important thing in football besides QB though, and the Bears OL would struggle blocking North Dakota State. That alone should give Cutler a lot more respect.
I do respect Cutler. And no, they wouldn't struggle against North Dakota State, so let's cut it out with the hyperboles. If they are that worried about the line they should just finally address it.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our line isn't great, but a lot of it was also Martz's scheme. He basically needs Orlando Pace for his 7-step dropbacks to work.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post

2011: "OMG Josh Freeman is the greatest QB!! He can pass and run! OMFG he's unstoppable defenses can't gameplan for him! NFC South FTW!"

2012: "OMG Cam Newton is the greatest QB!! He can pass and run! OMFG he's unstoppable defenses can't gameplan for him! NFC South FTW!"

Newton and Freeman are talented and all, but they have a long way to go before being what many fans think they already are.
Cam Newton had the greatest season by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. With virtually no offseason. He almost single-handedly changed a doormat into a competitive squad. Even with no defense.

His situation is not comparable to Freeman's. During Freeman's career year he lit up horrible defenses and took advantage of an easy schedule.

And at every level, all Newton has ever done is improve the quality of play of those around him. There's no reason to suggest he won't continue to do so in Carolina.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see the Panthers making the playoffs. They'd have to win the division. I think you've got two from the North and two from the East, then the South and West division winners.

I think the Saints get around 10 this year and the Falcons drop off (quietly they lost some people and some key guys have gotten old.) The Bucs are still the Bucs unless Freeman recovers his mojo.

I think the Panthers hit 8 or 9 wins and miss the playoffs.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is an awesomely bad comparison kudos... sigh
Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

People didn't hype Freeman because he can run, because he isn't a running QB like Newton. He has decent speed and a physical presence that allows him to run. He had nowhere near the hype (excluding these boards ) that Newton had though.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Do you? I have no respect for the saints at all. They're very beatable. If fact, if I had to choose 10 teams i'd most want to play they would probably be in my top 5. Jimmy Graham is a freak, but mehhh. I don't care if you improved your linebackers that defense is still child's play. At least Gregg Williams left.. never understood why he was though of as a good defensive coordinator, he's pathetic.

Not to mention the Saints and their little story is annoying now too. Katrina is over with and they won their super bowl... ESPN blowing them any chance they get is old now. I wanted them to win that Super Bowl just as much as anyone cause I hate Peyton Manning, but it's done with. Ending your perfect season that year in the superdome was fun though.

Anyway, sucks that we have to wait till week 16 to kick your ass. Hopefully the game even means something.
When is the last time the Cowboys beat the Saints... or even won a significant game?

I remember they beat us when we were 13-0, and treated it like the super bowl, but I'm pretty sure we've routed them more than a few times in recent history.

Picking the Cowboys to win a game in december is quite bold though, I'll give you that.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 04-22-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is better than Cutler. Keep making excuses and playing the "If" game. If Cutler didn't get hurt! If Cutler had Megatron! If Cutler had a ******* angel guiding his throws than he'd be better than Stafford. Then you'd see!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Stafford is better than Cutler. Keep making excuses and playing the "If" game. If Cutler didn't get hurt! If Cutler had Megatron! If Cutler had a ******* angel guiding his throws than he'd be better than Stafford. Then you'd see!
Nah, Cutler's definitely better. And I think the Lions fans that say otherwise are just grossly underrating how amazing Calvin Johnson is, and how things are far less complex for a QB when he's on the field. Stafford is very good but his numbers are ridiculously inflated the way Culpepper's were when he had Moss.

Also, "keep making excuses" is such a lazy argument. Considering factors outside of the most basic numbers is what brought player evaluation out of the stone age for every other major sport (i.e. sabremetrics). Different players play under different conditions and sometimes things are completely out of their control. Why am I supposed to ignore that?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Nah, Cutler's definitely better. And I think the Lions fans that say otherwise are just grossly underrating how amazing Calvin Johnson is, and how things are far less complex for a QB when he's on the field. Stafford is very good but his numbers are ridiculously inflated the way Culpepper's were when he had Moss.
Stafford is without question the better of the two QB's. Cutler hasn't done a single thing to impress me since he left Denver. Stafford can float the ball into any spot on the field. The Megatron argument is moot. In order to hit Megatron last year he had to fight the ball through double and triple coverage at times. He thread so many needles last year it was silly.

Also take into consideration Brandon Pettigrew and Nate Burleson combined for just under 160 catches last year. As a matter of fact, in the past 3 years Cutler has thrown for 63 TD's. Matt Stafford has thrown for 60. Except Stafford missed 19 of his first 32 possible starts.

Barring future injuries, Stafford is definitely the better QB. He might have been better at one time. But he just hasn't done enough in recent years to compete.

Last edited by Asteinebach : 04-22-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Our line isn't great, but a lot of it was also Martz's scheme. He basically needs Orlando Pace for his 7-step dropbacks to work.
P.S. Bears fans have lots of excuses this year.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're a year away. As much credit as Cam deserves for his season with barely any practice, people really overlook how much the limited offseason hurt defenses. Remember his first two games were two of his best. He's still going to be a stud, but next year might be a little underwhelming

The defense will improve but was simply too bad last year to be anything more than sub-average next year.

In other words, we're destined for 7-9 unless the team runs for a combined 4000 yards
Old 04-22-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You act like Stafford has been good for a long time, he's only had one good season.

The "Cutler had worse players around him" argument is completely relevant. Having **** receivers is bad enough, but when you're offensive line is **** as well there's not much a QB can do. His receivers dont get open and he has no time to throw the ball. How could that not be relevant?

You also say Stafford threw 'needles' to Johnson whilst in triple coverage. Yet you bring up his stats when throwing to other receivers as if that isnt affected by a third of the defense looking at one player.

I like both QB's, but saying Stafford is better than Cutler 'without question' is just wrong.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I have to agree with this. Cutler used to get crapped on here, but there was one prime time game where he hung in tough despite his line absolutely giving in. Now everybody on here loves him, and have basically forgotten some of the obvious flaws in his game 6 years into his career. He has poor footwork, his accuracy isn't great, he tries to fit too many balls still into tight windows that lead to interceptions, and although he's been partially vindicated his character and toughness aren't exactly what you would want from your franchise QB. Has his game evolved a bit in the past couple of years? Yes, but it's not like he has this long track record of consistently great play either.

With Stafford you get virtually all the strengths of Cutler and more. I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that in 2012 Stafford will be a better QB than Cutler.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote