Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
No, I think you're completely right. I was discussing this the other day. He's really cut down on saying dumb ****.
I've always thought McShay was unduly criticized by alot of the mouth breathers on this and other forums. He kind of gives off a twerpy, elitist vibe, and I know that turns alot of people off, but I've always thought he was fairly accurate and insightful if given the chance. He just doesn't have a whole lot of charisma.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never hated McShay as much as others have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Merril Hodge gets a bad rep as well. He's always an idiot...until he's right. Then we ignore him and just harp on how dumb he is.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be watching NFLN this year. 1st year ever, but I figure it's worth a shot.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As stated earlier, NFLN is much better on day 2, when ESPN just talks about what happened in the first 2-3 rounds over and over again and do interviews with players/coaches/GMs. The NFLN does a much better job of talking about the prospects being drafted from rounds 4-7. Much better.

So I'm probably going to watch ESPN for the first 3 rounds, and switch over to NFLN for the last 4 rounds.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually switch between the two. I'll get annoyed by something some random ESPN talking head will say and then Jaime Dukes will pop up on NFL Network.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Merril Hodge gets a bad rep as well. He's always an idiot...until he's right. Then we ignore him and just harp on how dumb he is.
I like Hodge except for the fact that he has to mention the Pittsburgh Steelers in every damn sentence.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I like Hodge except for the fact that he has to mention the Pittsburgh Steelers in every damn sentence.
I respect him bc he evaluates purely off of tape. He's not afraid to go against popular opinion, if he sees something on tape, he trusts his eyes and tells it like it is. Whether I agree with him or not, I respect that.

The thing you gotta remember about Hodge is:

1. He has a hard on for strong armed qbs and can't stand guys with no arm strength.

2. He loves the running game.

So those 2 biases effect his opinions, but more often than not, the guy is right when he says something.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Rookie

superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearTooth View Post
The one that is smart enough to know that casual fans have long since tuned out in the 5th round and the remaining viewers are draftniks like us who would prefer to hear analysis of the current pick over yet another recap of the 1st round.
Which one is that?
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
Which one is that?
NFLN (10char)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Rookie

superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.superfly69 is a cocksman.

Is their anyone out their that is going to record the NFL network coverage? maybe burn it to a DVD? If so i would love a copy.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't want my picks to be spoiled. Screw you Shefter and Mortensen.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
As stated earlier, NFLN is much better on day 2, when ESPN just talks about what happened in the first 2-3 rounds over and over again and do interviews with players/coaches/GMs. The NFLN does a much better job of talking about the prospects being drafted from rounds 4-7. Much better.
I also like the Friday/Saturday coverage better, since it's much better catered to the hardcore draft fans (i.e all of us). They haven't quite figured out how to handle Friday on ESPN. I don't mind GM interviews to get their reasoning for making those picks, but they are repetitive and I would rather hear more about the actual prospects picked.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Usually I'd watch ESPN, but with NFL Network saying they will no longer tip the picks they will get my view.
This. I can't stand Adam Schefter and "Mort".. thanks, you guys see the pick before it's announced. Do you have to tell us? Dicks.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched a second of ESPN draft coverage since I've had NFLN available to me. I can't see a reason why I'd swap back.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This. I can't stand Adam Schefter and "Mort".. thanks, you guys see the pick before it's announced. Do you have to tell us? Dicks.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. You'd think ESPN would understand that the drama of the commish announcing a pick would be so much better than having one of their stooges bloviate about something that the NFL or an agent just leaked to them 30 seconds before.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock till i die.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont have NFL Network yet so it'll be ESPN and Kiper/McShay for me.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN. It isn't draft day without Kiper.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Steve Young going to be a part of the ESPN draft? If so no way I'm watching ESPN. He always rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited by Splat : 04-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Young and Keyshawn are annoying as hell.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Steve Young and Keyshawn are annoying as hell.
Steve Young is proof that concussions can cause severe brain damage.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thursday crew on ESPN was such a cluster**** the last two years. Everybody is trying to get something in and they all get in each other's way. Adam Schefter is the only good part of ESPN's coverage in the first round.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
The Thursday crew on ESPN was such a cluster**** the last two years. Everybody is trying to get something in and they all get in each other's way. Adam Schefter is the only good part of ESPN's coverage in the first round.
Except when he tips picks like a ************. Can't stand him.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN

It's a yearly tradition at this point, I grew up watching ESPN for the draft and have never changed.

I love Mayock, but as someone else said, I watch Path to the Draft every day. And ESPN's production is a lot better, in my opinion.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote