Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I liked Wolfe too(more towards the end of it), but Still wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if he were to fall like Mayock is saying he is now. Sounds like we might have a shot at a big body if that's the way we want to go.
I might be ok with Still at 48. He's really bad at using his hands to lock out though. That is a big time issue in our system.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I might be ok with Still at 48. He's really bad at using his hands to lock out though. That is a big time issue in our system.
Yeah, that's my problem with him as well. He just uses his mass and has little or no technique involved in his game. I doubt he'll be a Patriot tbh. Worthy is more likely imo, but I'm hoping for Boykin.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Big time upside still though. A lot of his flaws are fairly coachable and the bodytype is right. I'm not the biggest fan in the world, but I've wanted a guy who can be a true DE in a 3-4 for awhile now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unlike their first pick, Jets taking Stephen Hill would be a solid pick. Dunno how much Tebow will be able to hit him though.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the love of god Razor I hope you're right about Hill.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always hate seeing players I like go to teams I hate. But in reality Hill is a developmental guy who should have been picked in the third or fourth round. He could end up being a great WR but I don't see it happening with the Jets. Definitely not if Tebow is the QB.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the love of god Razor I hope you're right about Hill.
I like Hill too. I've been burnt by guys like him before, but I don't think I'll ever truly learn for guys like that.

...so my justification for this not being that bad is that Sanchez doesn't have the arm to hit him down the field anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never know, but he never seemed sudden in his routes and didn't disguise them very well. He can kill you on the fly route, but that's about it. But we play a lot two deep safeties so I hope that can contain him. Especially with an improved front seven.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only a few more picks before the Pats. I know they already took a similar player but I would love to see them take Vinny Curry.

I have a feeling this will be the pick they trade though. Move back 8 or 10 spots and get themselves a fourth or fifth rounder.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-27-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two boom/bust guys for the Jets. *hex hex hex*

Edit: Vinny Curry would be awesome.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'd take Randle or Boykin if they're available, but Konz would be tempting as well.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You never know, but he never seemed sudden in his routes and didn't disguise them very well. He can kill you on the fly route, but that's about it. But we play a lot two deep safeties so I hope that can contain him. Especially with an improved front seven.
It's tough because coming from GT there isn't a whole lot to go off of. However, you can't deny that kind of raw talent. Even if he never develops the short game, I could still see him causing us a lot of problems in the future with that big time size/speed. Thankfully, Sanchez is the great equalizer.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's tough because coming from GT there isn't a whole lot to go off of. However, you can't deny that kind of raw talent. Even if he never develops the short game, I could still see him causing us a lot of problems in the future with that big time size/speed. Thankfully, Sanchez is the great equalizer.
The Sanchez factor will be huge... I think that there are very few players that can be great at being limited. Moss was great at it, but not limited to it. He was just used in that way. I like Hill's tools, but this is too high for him. Draft guys like him later and let him develop. That's the way I'd do it.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
Only a few more picks before the Pats. I know they already took a similar player but I would love to see them take Vinny Curry.

I have a feeling this will be the pick they trade though. Move back 8 or 10 spots and get themselves a fourth or fifth rounder.
I honestly wouldn't mind that now that Jenkins, Wolfe, and Hill are gone. There aren't too many guys I'm in love with on the board left.

*Edit* Add Kendricks to that list too.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This seems like a great spot for a classic Patriots what the **** pick.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-27-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ok Everyone call it, I'll go Zebrie Sanders for pure WTF ness.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Called it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Yup. Drafting for need

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BLAM! But at least they got the S. Just need the WR now.

Would've rather had Markelle Martin because I really like him, but I'm just glad they got a S that they obviously like.
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Good call. WTF?

Quote:
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I know virtually nothing about him. Anyone got any info?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the ******* ****

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Hard to imagine how that could be the best player on their board with all the solid talent that's still there. On the other hand. It would be hard for him NOT to be better than the safeties that played for the Pats last year.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeahhhhhhhhh about that. I was really hoping for Konz there tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

I was really hoping Troy Brown from Marshall would announce they took a Marshall guy. That being Vinny Curry.

3 Anyone but Wolfe