Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jake Bequette

I was just looking over the DE/OLB prospects in this draft and it baffles me why this guy is not rated higher. He played in same conference as Ingram, is taller and heavier than Ingram as well as more productive. How is Chandler Jones rated higher? He had much less production in the big east. All he has on Bequette is longer arms.

During the senior bowl he was asked to transition to OLB and after an initial rough start he got his footing and performed well during senior bowl practices.

I think Bequette is going to be a steal for someone.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I was just looking over the DE/OLB prospects in this draft and it baffles me why this guy is not rated higher. He played in same conference as Ingram, is taller and heavier than Ingram as well as more productive. How is Chandler Jones rated higher? He had much less production in the big east. All he has on Bequette is longer arms.

During the senior bowl he was asked to transition to OLB and after an initial rough start he got his footing and performed well during senior bowl practices.

I think Bequette is going to be a steal for someone.
I agree & hope he's a steal for the Chargers.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Bequette isn't getting the love he deserves at least from the internet draft nicks. But really, he has nothing on Chandler Jones, who is a much better athlete. I like Bequette and would happily take him in the third, but I don't think he'd be good as a 3-4 OLB. To me he's a 4-3 DE only. Totally agree on Upshaw though, who is grossly overrated and has been for a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bequette is strickly a 4-3 DE way too stiff to be a 3-4 OLB. Very average athlete more then likely will be taken on day 3.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone takes stock in the combine drills to prove athleticism here is a comparison:

Chandler Jones: 40 - 4.87, Vert - 35.0, Broad Jump 120, 3 cone 7.07, 20 yd shuttle 4.38

Jake Beguette: 40 - 4.82, Vert 34.0, Broad Jump 113, 3 cone 6.90, 20 yd shuttle 4.07

Fairly similar measureables save the broad jump. Bequette did all his damage and got all his production in a much tougher conference as well. I think he is more pro ready and could be a perennial 8-10 sack guy that can play the run. Jones is getting hyped up because his brother is a great MMA fighter and has a halfway decent brother playing DT for the Ravens. I would take Bequette any day of the week.

The two drills that Bequette really blows Jones out of the water are the 3-cone:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?con...e=wi th-video

and 20 yd shuttle:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?con...e=wi th-video

Per the definitions and what each drill measures Bequette is actually not stiff and able to move in space and shift his body weight better than Jones.

Last edited by SolidGold : 04-24-2012 at 06:57 AM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a 4-3 DE with short arms. He's on the ground too much for my liking and hasn't a clue how to use his hands. Doesn't handle double teams too well and isn't as tough as you would like.
Could actually play OLB as he seems to handle coverage pretty good, intense competitor, with an outstanding work ethic.
Likely a 3rd rounder but round 4 isn't out of the question.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I agree that Bequette isn't getting the love he deserves at least from the internet draft nicks. But really, he has nothing on Chandler Jones, who is a much better athlete. I like Bequette and would happily take him in the third, but I don't think he'd be good as a 3-4 OLB. To me he's a 4-3 DE only. Totally agree on Upshaw though, who is grossly overrated and has been for a year now.
Backwards, and this kind of thinking is why Bequette is not getting enough love. Jones is a decent prospect, but Bequette is noticibly better. You have a point that Q is better as a 4-3 DE. For one thing he is stout on the run, but has the pass rush potential someone like Upshaw does not have.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see why people think Jones is a 3-4 OLB guy, he is stiff with poor change of direction.

I have Jones as a 2nd round prospect

I love Bequette, my only concern is limited upside. I think he'll end up being a Dave Ball type, I would love the Titans to grab him in the 4th
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Bequette. But Bequette can't bend off the edge. When he does, he hits the turf. And I'm not sure he has the explosion to compensate for that. He's good at what he does, which is overpowering the OT and mauling his way to the QB.

Prospect wise, I think Chandler Jones edges Bequette because Jones bends better and is more explosive off the line. For a DE, those two things are major.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him in my 6th round cluster along with Adrian Hamilton as 3-4 OLB's.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funguy View Post
I have him in my 6th round cluster along with Adrian Hamilton as 3-4 OLB's.
I have him late 2nd round/early 3rd.

JOnes I have as mid to late 3rd.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I have him late 2nd round/early 3rd.

JOnes I have as mid to late 3rd.

J
I think Bequette is gonna fall much later than that.

Jones I also have in the 3rd but hype is gonna push him higher, IMO.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I think he's going day 2.

Is he Jared Allen or Chad Bratzke?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I think he's going day 2.

Is he Jared Allen or Chad Bratzke?
hahahahaha I won't predict Jared Allen, but I do believe he'll make a nice complementary piece for someone running the 3-4.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

No one knew Jared Allen would be all pro.

I think Jakes an end. He could probably translate to LB but hes going to bulk up at the next level. Your going to have a Mario Williams effect on him.

Last edited by IndyColtScout : 04-24-2012 at 02:28 PM.
IndyColtScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
No one knew Jared Allen would be all pro
Quite true - I'm just not bold enough to make that sort of prediction.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll probably go 4th-5th round, but I think that's a fairly good deal. Like I said on the Titans thread, he may never be a top DE, but he's a guy I'm fairly confident in being a solid rotational guy at worst.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote