Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Cowboys Mocks Thread

I think things would be a lot more organized around here if we had a thread simply dedicated to our mocks. Making them is one of the funnest things to do, and it's a waste to see them get lost in our daily draft discussions, so I thought this would be a good idea. Makes it easier for us to look back on... and we can have fun with this.

So if you got one... Post it here and we can all comment.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I'll give it a go.

Trade pick #14 to TEN for picks #20 and #82

20. Stephon Gilmore | CB | South Carolina

Trade Mike Jenkins to Buffalo for pick #41

41. Brandon Thompson | DT | Clemson

45. Ronnell Lewis | OLB | Oklahoma

81. Philip Blake | C | Baylor

82. Casey Hayward | CB | Vanderbilt

113. Cyrus Gray | RB | Texas A&M

135. Ryan Broyles | WR | Oklahoma

152. Emmanuel Acho | ILB | Texas

186. Ron Brooks | CB | LSU

222. Johnny Thomas | SS | Oklahoma St.

Notes:

-I think our struggles at CB last season really stopped Rob from being as aggressive as he wanted to be. Knowing that, I committed to a total facelift at the position replacing Mike Jenkins, Terence Newman, Alan Ball and Frank Walker with Brandon Carr, Stephon Gilmore, Casey Hayward and Ron Brooks. It gives Rob the talented backend that he's desired everywhere he's been.

- Brandon Thompson seems to be slipping into the 2nd Round and I'd love for him to slide all the way to us because he's a stud. I see him as being the longterm solution at NT but with Rob running so many different fronts he can use a guy like Thompson who can play in both an odd and even front. I even think he's versatile enough to see snaps at 5T.

- Gray is one of those "jack of all trades" runners that Garrett seems to covet. He can run inside or outside, catch the ball out of the backfield, and block. It's almost a given at this point in his career that Felix is guaranteed to miss time and Demarco isn't necessarily a pilar of health himself. Gray is someone that can step right in as the 2 back if either of them goes down while also giving us another option as a return man.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-01-2012 at 09:31 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give it a shot:

1. DT Michael Brockers, Louisiana St.**

Dallas has been very interested in Brockers throughout the pre-draft process and could replace or compliment Marcus Spears with a similar player in Brockers.

2. CB Trumaine Johnson, Montana

Mike Jenkins is likely gone at the end of the season but Dallas' heavy investments in Carr and Scandrick should prevent a first-round cornerback; Trumaine Johnson is a tall CB/S tweener who could replace Jenkins outside.

3. DE Jake Bequette, Arkansas

Anthony Spencer may not be extended past this season and is currently overpaid; Jerry Jones may not be able to resist drafting a Razorback at some point.

4. C Michael Brewster, Ohio St.

Phil Costa is undersized and player very poorly last season so drafting a center should be a priority; Dallas may have to trade around to land Peter Konz or reach on Ben Jones in the second otherwise.

4. (comp.) FS Brandon Taylor, Louisiana St.

Despite signing Brodney Pool the Cowboys could still stand to upgrade in the secondary; Taylor is a feisty, aggressive safety who has been moving up draft boards as of late.

5. OG Ryan Miller, Colorado

Last season it was heavily rumored that Dallas liked Nate Solder, which means they are at least somewhat familiar with Miller; the Cowboys cut Kyle Kosier and their FA signings won't prevent them from looking at OL depth.

6. TE Rhett Ellison, Southern California

A tight end such as Rhett Ellison could be a possibility now that Martellus Bennett is in New York; Ellison can play FB as well as TE and is a quality blocker.

7. LB Jerry Franklin, Arkansas

Tramain Thomas would have been a strong consideration but Jerry Franklin has more intriguing physical tools; he would be an interesting option late in the draft despite the Sean Lee signing.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of nice players in that mock Finisher. But 10 new players from the draft added to our 53 man roster sounds like a lot. Ha ha.

Favorite picks were Hayward, Blake and Brooks.

Brockers is a guy I like ROP. Like Johnson too. Bequette seems like a reach that early... but overall that is a draft that covers our needs if those players pan out. I like Ellison that late, but I think the Boys will be looking for more of a pass catcher than blocker at TE. Just my opinion there though.

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-01-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ TheFinisher- I'd be extremely pleased with that draft.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Projecting one trade since repeatedly doing the standard form is putting me to sleep :D

Projecting DeCastro falls to 14 and Dallas fields numerous calls from teams looking to pick him up. Or will we take him?

With the 14th selection in the 2012 NFL draft... The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 14th pick and the 186th pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for the 17th and 83rd selections. The Bengals look to solidify their interior line and made an offer good enough to allow the 'Boys to pass on the blue chip guard.

Onto the mock.

17) Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
I'm am 100% in Gilmore's corner as the #2 corner and agree completely with Mayock. Tall corners who run 4.4s and have elite ball-skills are RARE. I honestly am mocking him here since his value is here but expect that he may be off the board even before 14 come the draft day.

45. Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
Not positive he'll be here but I think higher ceiling guys like Amini and Osemele will push him down slightly. I love his versatility and that fits with our goals on the line (being able to play multiple positions). I would predict that he outright wins the competition for Center year 1.

81.Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
Think the value is solid for Johnson whom I project as a CB to FS project. Excellent range and would provide the centerfielding FS that our defense has lacked for years.

83. (From Cincy). Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
Believe he has a lot of untapped position and his combination of anchor in the running game and pass rushing ability would make him a solid fit for Rob. He could easily be stout on the outside of the 3-4 and shoot the gaps as a pass rusher when we show an even front.

113. Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
High motor and solid run guy with a "good" repertoire of pass rushing moves. Isn't an elite athlete but is consistently a thorn in the opposition's side. Meets or exceeds all categories (as discussed before) for explosion and power for 3-4 OLBs.

135. (Comp) Emmanuel Acho, ILB, Texas
Plus instincts and versatility (seeing a pattern? :D). Played inside and outside at Texas but will slightly be an ILB for us. Does very well sitting back in a zone although not the quickest in terms of playing man. Excellent job shedding blocks and shooting gaps in the interior line.

152. Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
Still learning but has the skill-set to be a rangy FS. Former CB convert and packs a punch when attacking the line in run support.

Stopping at round 5 since it's really, really, really hard to project the last two and not pick a UDFA or a guy who will end up in the 3rd.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally Ill be a little disappointed with a 1st round corner. We have 3 really good ones and this is a deep class for corners. I want pass rushers, hopefully one in the first. Just my opinion though...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finisher, thats a lot of Big XII players there along with a nearby LSU player.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Are you guys hearing that Gilmore is liked by the Cowboys or just going off recent remarks of him rising up the boards? In either case, he's a guy I like but not love. I'd really like a guy to have the potential to be a #1 CB if we're drafting him in round 1. I think #2 CBs can be found later in the draft pretty easily.

Zeitler available to us in Round 2 is pretty hopeful. That'd be great though.

Trumaine Johnson seems to have a lot of fans here, so if we got him, I think a lot of people here will certainly be thrilled. Not sure he fits the character check that Garrett is looking for since he got kicked off the team.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest many of the players in my mock seem like a reach but I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to draft any of them there. Jake Bequette should go in the fifth round or so along with Brandon Taylor, and Trumaine Johnson is a terrible form tackler (more of a "torpedo at the legs" guy.) I was aiming for realism rather than my personal tastes.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Projecting one trade since repeatedly doing the standard form is putting me to sleep :D

Projecting DeCastro falls to 14 and Dallas fields numerous calls from teams looking to pick him up. Or will we take him?

With the 14th selection in the 2012 NFL draft... The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 14th pick and the 186th pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for the 17th and 83rd selections. The Bengals look to solidify their interior line and made an offer good enough to allow the 'Boys to pass on the blue chip guard.

Onto the mock.

17) Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
I'm am 100% in Gilmore's corner as the #2 corner and agree completely with Mayock. Tall corners who run 4.4s and have elite ball-skills are RARE. I honestly am mocking him here since his value is here but expect that he may be off the board even before 14 come the draft day.

45. Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
Not positive he'll be here but I think higher ceiling guys like Amini and Osemele will push him down slightly. I love his versatility and that fits with our goals on the line (being able to play multiple positions). I would predict that he outright wins the competition for Center year 1.

81.Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
Think the value is solid for Johnson whom I project as a CB to FS project. Excellent range and would provide the centerfielding FS that our defense has lacked for years.

83. (From Cincy). Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
Believe he has a lot of untapped position and his combination of anchor in the running game and pass rushing ability would make him a solid fit for Rob. He could easily be stout on the outside of the 3-4 and shoot the gaps as a pass rusher when we show an even front.

113. Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
High motor and solid run guy with a "good" repertoire of pass rushing moves. Isn't an elite athlete but is consistently a thorn in the opposition's side. Meets or exceeds all categories (as discussed before) for explosion and power for 3-4 OLBs.

135. (Comp) Emmanuel Acho, ILB, Texas
Plus instincts and versatility (seeing a pattern? :D). Played inside and outside at Texas but will slightly be an ILB for us. Does very well sitting back in a zone although not the quickest in terms of playing man. Excellent job shedding blocks and shooting gaps in the interior line.

152. Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin
Still learning but has the skill-set to be a rangy FS. Former CB convert and packs a punch when attacking the line in run support.

Stopping at round 5 since it's really, really, really hard to project the last two and not pick a UDFA or a guy who will end up in the 3rd.
I would **** a brick if this played out.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else see some Asante Samuel in Gilmore ? I think he is a guy who can jump routes and get INT's but will get his share of burn by upper tier WR's.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bequette will go well before the 5th...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Are you guys hearing that Gilmore is liked by the Cowboys or just going off recent remarks of him rising up the boards? In either case, he's a guy I like but not love. I'd really like a guy to have the potential to be a #1 CB if we're drafting him in round 1. I think #2 CBs can be found later in the draft pretty easily.

Zeitler available to us in Round 2 is pretty hopeful. That'd be great though.

Trumaine Johnson seems to have a lot of fans here, so if we got him, I think a lot of people here will certainly be thrilled. Not sure he fits the character check that Garrett is looking for since he got kicked off the team.
I agree with the character concerns I had only really noticed his incident trying to prevent police from arresting a friend (dumb). He plead guilty and from all the interviews I read has "learned from the incident". Completely missed some of his other transgressions so you are 100% right on that. I highly doubt he's even on our board now. Good catch ^_^

As far as Gilmore I see him as a turnover machine especially when playing opposite a legit corner like Carr. In this scenario I'm envisioning the 'Boys allow Jenkins to walk at the end of his contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
To be honest many of the players in my mock seem like a reach but I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to draft any of them there. Jake Bequette should go in the fifth round or so along with Brandon Taylor, and Trumaine Johnson is a terrible form tackler (more of a "torpedo at the legs" guy.) I was aiming for realism rather than my personal tastes.
Jake Bequette won't be available in the 5th. His value lies somewhere between late 2nd and late 4th depending on who you talk to. Why the knocks on Jerry? He doesn't control the draft room as has been discussed NUMEROUS times on here. Drafts are based on consensus and the room votes. Jerry by all accounts ALWAYS champions the guy who our scouting staff wants.

People bash just to bash. Remember the "Jerrah wants to draft his fellow alumni". He's drafted ONE player from Arkansas. :P And don't get me wrong I love Jerry as a business-man but also enjoy that Stephen (his son) is finally taking some of the power from the old man.

Dallas hasn't done any stupid reaching since the "draft that shall not be named" aka "draft for depth" aka
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did a seven round mock, just wanted to throw it up for you guys to see/comment on the Dallas part!

14. Dallas Cowboys - Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina
45. Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
81. Dallas Cowboys - Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
113. Dallas Cowboys - Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
135. Dallas Cowboys (compensatory) - Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
152. Dallas Cowboys - Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan
186. Dallas Cowboys - Tramain Thomas, FS, Arkansas
222. Dallas Cowboys - David Snow, C, Texas

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Ok, I'll give it a go.

Trade pick #14 to TEN for picks #20 and #82

20. Stephon Gilmore | CB | South Carolina

Trade Mike Jenkins to Buffalo for pick #41

41. Brandon Thompson | DT | Clemson

45. Ronnell Lewis | OLB | Oklahoma

81. Philip Blake | C | Baylor

82. Casey Hayward | CB | Vanderbilt

113. Cyrus Gray | RB | Texas A&M

135. Ryan Broyles | WR | Oklahoma

152. Emmanuel Acho | ILB | Texas

186. Ron Brooks | CB | LSU

222. Johnny Thomas | SS | Oklahoma St.

Notes:

-I think our struggles at CB last season really stopped Rob from being as aggressive as he wanted to be. Knowing that, I committed to a total facelift at the position replacing Mike Jenkins, Terence Newman, Alan Ball and Frank Walker with Brandon Carr, Stephon Gilmore, Casey Hayward and Ron Brooks. It gives Rob the talented backend that he's desired everywhere he's been.

- Brandon Thompson seems to be slipping into the 2nd Round and I'd love for him to slide all the way to us because he's a stud. I see him as being the longterm solution at NT but with Rob running so many different fronts he can use a guy like Thompson who can play in both an odd and even front. I even think he's versatile enough to see snaps at 5T.

- Gray is one of those "jack of all trades" runners that Garrett seems to covet. He can run inside or outside, catch the ball out of the backfield, and block. It's almost a given at this point in his career that Felix is guaranteed to miss time and Demarco isn't necessarily a pilar of health himself. Gray is someone that can step right in as the 2 back if either of them goes down while also giving us another option as a return man.
i like the draft overall but no way buffalo is gonna trade a 2 for jenkins

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 04-02-2012 at 10:05 AM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I did a seven round mock, just wanted to throw it up for you guys to see/comment on the Dallas part!

Doubt we are that lucky but I would be plenty happy with this draft...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Just for fun

* Cowboys trade #14 overall, along with Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, and a 2013 4th round selection to the Cleveland Browns for #4 overall.

* The Cowboys are able to maneuver up the board and select the #1 available player on their board for a discount price. While talented, Mike Jenkins has an undefined role on the team with the addition of Carr and the money invested in Orlando Scandrick. The same can be said for Felix who was supplanted by DeMarco Murray on the depth chart. Both players are in the last years of their contract and may not have been retained coming into the 2013 season. Tossing in a 2013 4th round pick was just the icing on the cake to tip the scales in Dallas's favor.

*Cleveland is in a bind sitting at #4, clearly the team isn't enamoured with the play of Colt McCoy so far in his young career, but drafting a project in Ryan Tannehill so high isn't the solution. Trent Richardson is the type of back that fits into the smash mouth AFC North and is EXTREMELY talanted but with diminished value of running backs due to longevity concerns makes a pick that high risky. With this trade the Browns gain a homerun threat in Felix to pair with a healty Montario Hardesty and a Pro Bowl Talent (when healthy) Mike Jenkins to pair with Joe Haden. At #14 there are plenty of players for the Browns to target to improve their offense... Guys like Floyd, Wright, and DeCastro could all be available in that range.

#4 VIA/ CLV- Mo Claiborne CB, LSU- Claiborne is hands down the best coverman in the draft. His skills put him ahead of the curve when compared to former teammate Patrick Peterson and his combination of size/fluidity put him above Kirkpatrick and Jenkins. With the league trending toward spread offense's, three starter quality corners is becoming a neccesity. Having Scandrick locked into a 5 year deal is a plus to let Mo develop year one and his contract is reasonable enough to suffice nickle duty. (Although I believe Scandrick is a better fit on the outside, Claiborne has more than enough ability to shift inside in sub packages ala Newman in his prime.)

#45 Bruce Irvin OLB, WV- Irvin has been plagued with character related issues but has rare measurables and the ability to become elite. JG and the team have done their homework on the troubled kid and feel they can help him work through his issues. High risk/reward pick, will start as a situational pass rusher but will be groomed to play across from Ware.

#81 Brandon Brooks G, Miami (OH) Tested extremely well for his size at the combine... 6'5 350 lbs with excellent strength and solid mobility allows him to plow lanes to the second level. Needs to work on his technique.. often explodes off the ball but gets caught with his weight out in front of his feet. Long term successor for Livings.

#113 traded to the Browns

#135 Justin Bethel S, Presbyterian Small school sleeper, can play either FS or FS. Ran a 4.58 at the combine and posted a 39.5 inch vert... makes an effort to spy the QB in zone coverage and will gamble to get his hands on a turnover.

#152 Akiem Hicks DE, Regina Poor Mans Michael Brockers... Very good size for a 5tech and has good short area explosion to knife into the backfield. Never palyed against top tier competition after being dismissed from LSU for taking money from a booster. Boom or Bust type of prospect but in the 5th round the value is worth the risk.

#186 Coty Sensabaugh CB, Clemson Very good measurables but doesnt always play to his timed speed. A tad late following WR's in and out of breaks and can get lost in off coverage. Not a good tackler.... At his best in press coverage where he can reroute and have a feel for the WR's movements.

#222 Jordan White WR, Western Michigan Perfectly built to play in the slot... has the vision to read zone coverage and has the strength to break tackles on crossing routes. Will fight for a for extra yardage and has good speed when in the open field.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 04-02-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
* Cowboys trade #14 overall, along with Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, and a 2013 4th round selection to the Cleveland Browns for #4 overall.

* The Cowboys are able to maneuver up the board and select the #1 available player on their board for a discount price. While talented, Mike Jenkins has an undefined role on the team with the addition of Carr and the money invested in Orlando Scandrick. The same can be said for Felix who was supplanted by DeMarco Murray on the depth chart. Both players are in the last years of their contract and may not have been retained coming into the 2013 season. Tossing in a 2013 4th round pick was just the icing on the cake to tip the scales in Dallas's favor.

*Cleveland is in a bind sitting at #4, clearly the team isn't enamoured with the play of Colt McCoy so far in his young career, but drafting a project in Ryan Tannehill so high isn't the solution. Trent Richardson is the type of back that fits into the smash mouth AFC North and is EXTREMELY talanted but with diminished value of running backs due to longevity concerns makes a pick that high risky. With this trade the Browns gain a homerun threat in Felix to pair with a healty Montario Hardesty and a Pro Bowl Talent (when healthy) Mike Jenkins to pair with Joe Haden. At #14 there are plenty of players for the Browns to target to improve their offense... Guys like Floyd, Wright, and DeCastro could all be available in that range.

#4 VIA/ CLV- Mo Claiborne CB, LSU- Claiborne is hands down the best coverman in the draft. His skills put him ahead of the curve when compared to former teammate Patrick Peterson and his combination of size/fluidity put him above Kirkpatrick and Jenkins. With the league trending toward spread offense's, three starter quality corners is becoming a neccesity. Having Scandrick locked into a 5 year deal is a plus to let Mo develop year one and his contract is reasonable enough to suffice nickle duty. (Although I believe Scandrick is a better fit on the outside, Claiborne has more than enough ability to shift inside in sub packages ala Newman in his prime.)

#45 Bruce Irvin OLB, WV- Irvin has been plagued with character related issues but has rare measurables and the ability to become elite. JG and the team have done their homework on the troubled kid and feel they can help him work through his issues. High risk/reward pick, will start as a situational pass rusher but will be groomed to play across from Ware.

#81 Brandon Brooks G, Miami (OH) Tested extremely well for his size at the combine... 6'5 350 lbs with excellent strength and solid mobility allows him to plow lanes to the second level. Needs to work on his technique.. often explodes off the ball but gets caught with his weight out in front of his feet. Long term successor for Livings.

#113 traded to the Browns

#135 Justin Bethel S, Presbyterian Small school sleeper, can play either FS or FS. Ran a 4.58 at the combine and posted a 39.5 inch vert... makes an effort to spy the QB in zone coverage and will gamble to get his hands on a turnover.

#152 Akiem Hicks DE, Regina Poor Mans Michael Brockers... Very good size for a 5tech and has good short area explosion to knife into the backfield. Never palyed against top tier competition after being dismissed from LSU for taking money from a booster. Boom or Bust type of prospect but in the 5th round the value is worth the risk.

#186 Coty Sensabaugh CB, Clemson Very good measurables but doesnt always play to his timed speed. A tad late following WR's in and out of breaks and can get lost in off coverage. Not a good tackler.... At his best in press coverage where he can reroute and have a feel for the WR's movements.

#222 Jordan White WR, Western Michigan Perfectly built to play in the slot... has the vision to read zone coverage and has the strength to break tackles on crossing routes. Will fight for a for extra yardage and has good speed when in the open field.
Don't like the trade, but Irvin, Brooks and Bethel are awesome picks!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

Good job for us. I think the Cowboys can do damage next year with this draft.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Couple of you guys have Emmanuel Acho there. I know we will have him on Texas day...

Any Longhorns fans wanna share their opinions of him?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Not the same level of prospect from UT we've seen in recent years, but a great motor and even better character. He will never be an all pro, but a solid back up and a hard working, dependable special teamer early on.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Finisher, I noticed the pick of Brandon Thompson. What made you attracted to him? A possible NT fit for us? I've thought about that before.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'll give it a shot:

1. DT Michael Brockers, Louisiana St.**

Dallas has been very interested in Brockers throughout the pre-draft process and could replace or compliment Marcus Spears with a similar player in Brockers.

2. CB Trumaine Johnson, Montana

Mike Jenkins is likely gone at the end of the season but Dallas' heavy investments in Carr and Scandrick should prevent a first-round cornerback; Trumaine Johnson is a tall CB/S tweener who could replace Jenkins outside.

3. DE Jake Bequette, Arkansas

Anthony Spencer may not be extended past this season and is currently overpaid; Jerry Jones may not be able to resist drafting a Razorback at some point.

4. C Michael Brewster, Ohio St.

Phil Costa is undersized and player very poorly last season so drafting a center should be a priority; Dallas may have to trade around to land Peter Konz or reach on Ben Jones in the second otherwise.

4. (comp.) FS Brandon Taylor, Louisiana St.

Despite signing Brodney Pool the Cowboys could still stand to upgrade in the secondary; Taylor is a feisty, aggressive safety who has been moving up draft boards as of late.

5. OG Ryan Miller, Colorado

Last season it was heavily rumored that Dallas liked Nate Solder, which means they are at least somewhat familiar with Miller; the Cowboys cut Kyle Kosier and their FA signings won't prevent them from looking at OL depth.

6. TE Rhett Ellison, Southern California

A tight end such as Rhett Ellison could be a possibility now that Martellus Bennett is in New York; Ellison can play FB as well as TE and is a quality blocker.

7. LB Jerry Franklin, Arkansas

Tramain Thomas would have been a strong consideration but Jerry Franklin has more intriguing physical tools; he would be an interesting option late in the draft despite the Sean Lee signing.
As a NE fan, would you think the Patriots would trade up with the Cowboys if Brockers were available then?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I hope not although Brockers is someone who fits what the Patriots look for from a size perspective and they have shown some interest in him. It's generally not Belichick's style to trade up though. There are a lot of prospects the Patriots could be interested in this year so until their ranks start getting thinned out it would be hard to imagine New England locking onto one guy.