Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I like Terrell Manning or Ronnell Lewis for round 4. Possibly David Molk in round 5. But these will be our last two meaningful draft picks. So Whatever they do, I'd like to see a combination of any LB, DL, OL or Safety.
Ronnell Lewis and an extra 6th rd pick.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Lewis pick. Apparently, Schwartz views him as a DE though, which is odd. His supposed strength is his tackling. Gonna be a great special teamer, they say.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Lewis pick too! I thought he was BPA for awhile in rd 4. Thought they were taking him @ 22, so to drop a few slots, pick up a 6th & get him is great. 36 reps of 225 & a 4.6 ... Dang! Bentley should be solid too, Broyles is a position of debate but I like his skills. Burleson will not play more than 2 more seasons I bet. All 4 picks so far seem to have a very "lunch pail" mentality, which works for me, & Deroit.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a safety next. They really have no one in the way of a developmental guy at that position, do they? Silva still here?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I want a safety next. They really have no one in the way of a developmental guy at that position, do they? Silva still here?
Agree.
Yeah looks like Silva is still listed on 2012 roster ...
Iloka, Martin, Allen, Robinson all still available. GB just took a S from Maine?! WTF

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-28-2012 at 01:58 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Reiff pick. Lions would love to be a little more balanced offensively but the reality is we are a passing team. Pass protectors are much more valuable to us than run blockers like DeCastro.

Broyles was a shocker but I understand the pick. He was considered by many as a 1st round talent before the ACL injury. The fact that he was ready to workout for teams 3 months after his surgery is ridiculous. He should be ready to go when training camp gets here. Seems as though the Lions want to emulate the Packers by being able to roll out 4-5 highly capable WR/TE's on the field at any given time.

I love the Bentley pick. I would have loved if the Lions traded up to get Jenkins in round 2 but Bentley was the guy I wanted in round 3. He has a very similar skill set to Jenkins. Obviously hasn't proved it against elite competition but he has the raw talent required to be a good NFL CB.

Ronnell Lewis looks like a good pick as well. Tweener but has a chance to be successful in our scheme.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

BOOOOOOOOOOO! We've got another Doug Hogue on our hands here, folks. Whitehead for a future 4th? No thanks.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Whitehead pick interesting, at least it's more back 7 help! Still have 23rd pick in 5th, again hoping S.

Just read Jake Long might be on the outs in Miami with them drafting Stanford's Martin & going more finess. Wow. I know it's fantasy, but Reiff as RT & Long LT, that would be sweet! $11m sweet right? Hahaha....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

They re-signed Backus. Won't happen.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not understand why they would give up a future 4th to get Whitehead....seriously who would have taken him before the Lions pick at 158. Seems like Mayhew is just making trades for fun now....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I also don't get the valuation of picks. Either the Lions badly overspent to get that pick, or they didn't get enough from the 49ers earlier.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Quote:
They re-signed Backus. Won't happen.
Not a guaranteed contract though....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Quote:
I also don't get the valuation of picks. Either the Lions badly overspent to get that pick, or they didn't get enough from the 49ers earlier.
Agreed, I think we just overpaid for Whitehead.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Not a guaranteed contract though....
It ain't happenin.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! Greenwood!!!!!
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Agree............
Old 04-28-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
Yes! Greenwood!!!!!
Seriously?? I like the Albion thing,that's cute but really? What do you know about him ....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We just drafted a practice squad guy. No way the Lions have 2 of their 5 corners on the 53-man roster be rookies.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
We just drafted a practice squad guy. No way the Lions have 2 of their 5 corners on the 53-man roster be rookies.
Probably true of whitehead w/ LB corp... Tulloch,Levy,Durant,Lewis,Palmer,Hogue etc do they keep that many for special teams??
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lewis is viewed as a DE by the Lions' brass.

And I don't remember Hogue doing a single thing last year.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greenwood is 6-1, 193 with 4.43 speed and a 43" vertical.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Seriously?? I like the Albion thing,that's cute but really? What do you know about him ....
His draft stock was rising quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. He has a 43 inch vertical and ran a 4.41 40 time at his pro day, so their is no doubt about his measurables. I have watched a decent amount of his game film(TONS of it on YouTube of him) and you can tell that QBs try to avoid throwing to his side of the field. I don't think he'll make an impact right away, but I think he will sometime in the future.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how many picks Is left¿
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
So how many picks Is left¿
We have 1 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th left.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of Bentley, I don't like this draft. First Mayhew draft that I just don't like.