Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i'm thoroughly disappointed.

we could have easily had Kirk and Decastro, and had the added benefit of not allowing pitt to have him. *sigh*

Last edited by NotMyJob : 04-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.
NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we had a very good first round all things considered. We got us the 2nd best corner in this draft and a guard that should be a starter for us for years who also happens to have the ability to play center.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I think we had a very good first round all things considered. We got us the 2nd best corner in this draft and a guard that should be a starter for us for years who also happens to have the ability to play center.
yes my jimmies just got savagely rustled when i saw Pitt took Decastro. i'll be alright.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I slept on it and woke up happy. Ziegler will be a fine addition to the team, expect him to start at RG, bottom line is that Alexander liked him for our guard pick better than others. The more I think about this and the reason I'm OK with everything is the extra 3rd pick. This allows us to get some good picks tonight - expect to see us pick up BPA at WR, RB and either LB or DT. Too bad AJ Jenkins and David Wilson went so early, I need to regroup and look who might be on our radar with extra 3rd. Out of the gate, I like at 2nd - Ruben Randle WR, Ashon Jeffrery WR or Lemar Miller RB. At 3rd - we could go either with Marvin Jones or Nick Toon @ WR along with considering Isiah Pead, Robert Turbin or perhaps LaMichael James at RB. For our other 3rd pick, we go defense and the 2 guys I like are both LB's - Demario Davis or Nigel Bradham.

Priority is WR

Who else?
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woke up today a lot happier than I went to bed. Kirkpatrick is not a lock down corner but a strong #2 CB which this team needed. I did a lot more research on Zeitler and the guys is a beast. It appears that the Bengals had him graded equally to DeCastro and some teams even had Zeitler ranked ahead of DeCastro. I have read two conflicting reports that say he scored a 40 and a 33 on the Wonderlic test. A 33 is sick but a 40 is almost unheard of for an o-lineman. Team also had him ranked as the #1 center in the draft if he was to go that route. Dave Lapham jumped out of his seat when we picked Big Z so I know that the man will produce from day 1. Like I said, I am happy with the first round picks as well as the additional 3rd rounder that we picked up. Who-Dey!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
A 33 is sick but a 40 is almost unheard of for an o-lineman.
O-linemen typically have the highest or 2nd highest scores in the wonderlic. They're some of the smartest guys on the field.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
O-linemen typically have the highest or 2nd highest scores in the wonderlic. They're some of the smartest guys on the field.
I know that but that is average score. If he scored a 40 he would have to be in the top 5% if not top 2% of scores for the entire draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems it wont cost much to move up in the second or third rounds. You think it is possible Bengals use some of those extra 5's to move up and get someone they are looking for?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Seems it wont cost much to move up in the second or third rounds. You think it is possible Bengals use some of those extra 5's to move up and get someone they are looking for?
I was thinking about the same thing. There will be a run on WR's tonight, I could see them packaging a trade for a WR they are high on, maybe if Hill or Randle drops in our range.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any interest in Alshon? I think he would complement Green perfectly.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Cardinal96
Rookie

Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cardinal96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
What would you guys prefer?

Dicastro without the trade

Or

Zietler + a 3rd round pick
DeCastro without the trade every day of the week. You have a guy with a very good chance of being a pro bowler at RG or LG for the next 10 years. Clearly the elite offensive guard this class.

Versus a guard who can likely start and be serviceable but is a clear notch below. I don't think a third rounder is enough to bridge that difference.
Cardinal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post
DeCastro without the trade every day of the week. You have a guy with a very good chance of being a pro bowler at RG or LG for the next 10 years. Clearly the elite offensive guard this class.

Versus a guard who can likely start and be serviceable but is a clear notch below. I don't think a third rounder is enough to bridge that difference.
DeCastro struggles with size. In the AFCN that is not a good thing. Zeitler is a better fit for the AFCN because he is more of a mauler.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Any interest in Alshon? I think he would complement Green perfectly.
I would say he is in play. Also think Mohamed Sanu could be in play.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Sanu's a really interesting fit for the Bengals. Would eat up the underneath stuff with Green across from him as a deep threat.

Alshon's a gamble I could see the Bengals making as well. Obviously a big SEC drafting team and they tend to take chances on big upside with day 2 picks after going with safe, solid guys in the first.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Seen Alshon play a lot in SC, he doesn't separate well from the DB and the route running in pretty weak. He can jump for the ball and has great hands. I thought he was a better player as a Freshman. Its tough for me to give two thumbs up, if he is there at our pick, I'd take a chance on him
Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://deadspin.com/5905746/some-dick-prank-called-mohamed-sanu-and-told-him-hed-been-drafted?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook& utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

You mean we didn't already draft him?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy Dre Kirkpatrick.

Tide fans recall he was the #1-ranked HS cornerback in the nation coming out. If you have any doubts, watch him roll the LSU quick passes to the sideline & break up the bubble screens. He's going to be special.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal96 View Post

This is correct. There is nothing worse than trading out of a spot to take a great player, then seeing him go to your rival, and then finally settling for a guy who is just not as good. Reminds me of when we traded down and missed SJax and took Chris Perry. Remember how that turned out?

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Lets focus on tonight's picks

WR or RB

Agree?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Both. And throw in a DT/DE/LB in there for good measure.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

I really would like Rueben Randle to drop, expect to see a bunch of WR's to come off the board in the 2nd.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Should we move up to get Randle? It will cost us a 5 pick

I say yes
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Packers moving up to get Miller?
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

I am hopeing for Randle.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Quote:
I am hopeing for Randle.
I'm with ya on this one

Who Dey!!!