Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
I've read from other NFL scouts say that Belichek has been drafting his team into the ground the last few years. He's missed on a lot of picks, like Chad Jackson, Tyrone Wheatley, any outside linebackers they've drafted because Ninkovich and Carter were the starters. Their thing to do is swing so much where some picks will hit. Belichek is known for getting a lot of picks so he can try to pick it all. He's trying to be the scouting department and the head coach, and that's spreading him thin. This year's draft might be a good new start for Bill's drafting record recently. He strikes out in the 2nd-4th rounds too much.
I would hardly say drafted the team into the ground. Belichick hits on more "stars" than most other evaluators. This issue as you mentioned above is the middle rounds where depth and fringe starters are got. Particularly with DBs and WRs the track record between the 2nd and 4th round has been abysmal. It has probably cost the team at least one Superbowl but I would have to stringly disagree with the term drafting his team into the ground.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, there are no good highlights of Beck.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he drafted them so hard into the ground they were in the super bowl last year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are seeing a run on kickers! :-P

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That is so F'd up they show bad highlights of Beck when the news about him getting cut is revealed.
That's his own doing. Tough to find good ones honestly.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Schiano remembering his days as a Scarlet Knight

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I would hardly say drafted the team into the ground. Belichick hits on more "stars" than most other evaluators. This issue as you mentioned above is the middle rounds where depth and fringe starters are got. Particularly with DBs and WRs the track record between the 2nd and 4th round has been abysmal. It has probably cost the team at least one Superbowl but I would have to stringly disagree with the term drafting his team into the ground.
I might have made a tense mistake, or I can be going a bit too far. As soon as Tom brady retires, you will see what I am talking about. He did draft his defense to a 31st overall grade last year.....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking this Raiders draft so far, Burris is going to be a good football player for us at SLB. Criner at WR to go with DHB, Moore, Ford and Murphy will be fun to watch, he the big physical target Palmer can trust in redzone situations. Bergstrom will be a starter for this team, maybe right away at LG. Crawford should see time in our DE rotation likely seeing action from the start of his career.

The one thing I know is Reggie McKenzie added 4 football players, instead of the usual 4 track stars that want to play football.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the last couple picks for the Bills. Sanders and Carder are nice pickups.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm liking this Raiders draft so far, Burris is going to be a good football player for us at SLB. Criner at WR to go with DHB, Moore, Ford and Murphy will be fun to watch, he the big physical target Palmer can trust in redzone situations. Bergstrom will be a starter for this team, maybe right away at LG. Crawford should see time in our DE rotation likely seeing action from the start of his career.

The one thing I know is Reggie McKenzie added 4 football players, instead of the usual 4 track stars that want to play football.
Pretty happy about this as well. I'm sure Al would have taken Rainey himself at some point lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
New England's record over the last decade would beg to differ. A couple of years ago they addressed the secondary, then it was the big influx of TEs. This year in Jones, Hightower and Bequette they beef up the pass rush. I have been critical of not going after the Clay Matthews and Brooks Reed type pass rushers but wouldnt say they failed at the draft.
Something I've been thinking about with the Pats lately, and their tendency to want to trade down - sure, they may be passes on some blue chip prospects, but while they may not have a bunch of superstar players (although they certainly have a couple - Brady, Gronk qualify), their roster is deeeeep. They have a lot of players who have something to offer. With a cerebral coach like Belicheck, it's a matter of guessing what they offense is going to do, and then putting whatever player he thinks is suited to best defend that play in the position he needs to be in. It's just a different coaching philosophy. It's nice to have guys who can dominate individually, but the Pats are all about building a really deep and versatile roster. The fact that they're in the playoffs year after year is enough to justify their draft strategy in my mind.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Winn and DaJohn Harris are 2 DT's with starting potential I think that are still on the board, surprised to see Winn fall this far honestly unless teams say character issues.

Chris Polk might turn out to be a LaGarrette Blount type pick up for a team if he keeps falling, even if he doesn't have a long term career he can still give you 5 good years IMO.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, with the Tiller pick. There are several other people I would have preferred.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. Andrew Tiller. Anyone know anything about him?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I swear I'm not just trying to burst your bubble, but I just never saw it with Criner. Moore was a waaaaaay better pick for you guys last year. Criner's got that James Hardy/Limas Sweed/Malcolm Kelly feel to him, at least to me.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Billy Winn and DaJohn Harris are 2 DT's with starting potential I think that are still on the board, surprised to see Winn fall this far honestly unless teams say character issues.

Chris Polk might turn out to be a LaGarrette Blount type pick up for a team if he keeps falling, even if he doesn't have a long term career he can still give you 5 good years IMO.
I wouldn't mind Polk in Oaktown. We need to bring someone in to take over for Bush.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember arguing with someone a 7-8 months ago who said Lindley was a better QB prospect than RGIII and Matt Barkley.

I don't remember who that was, but holy **** were they wrong.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I swear I'm not just trying to burst your bubble, but I just never saw it with Criner. Moore was a waaaaaay better pick for you guys last year. Criner's got that James Hardy/Limas Sweed/Malcolm Kelly feel to him, at least to me.
Criner was clearly the top WR on the field once the Senior Bowl game was on, he's not going to be a stud like Moore has turned out to be but I have to like the addition of his size, ball skills and ability to go over the middle on short routes. Great addition to the speed we already have at WR.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, LOL again for told saying that Marvin McNutt would go in the 1st.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I wouldn't mind Polk in Oaktown. We need to bring someone in to take over for Bush.
I'd support it 100% with one of our last 2 draft picks. I hope we can still find a run stuffing DT or coverage LB. Maybe we trade down again to add another pick or 2.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I remember arguing with someone a 7-8 months ago who said Lindley was a better QB prospect than RGIII and Matt Barkley.

I don't remember who that was, but holy **** were they wrong.
Ron Jaworski said he loves him. Not that it means much, but Jaws usually is pretty good on his QB sleeper picks. Not saying he'll be at Barkley/RG3 level.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Wonder why Billly Winn is still around. That one really stands out to me. Lack of a position?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, LOL again for told saying that Marvin McNutt would go in the 1st.
There was no way McNutt would go in the first, mostly because Told said that he would. I am surprised he hasnt been selected yet, I figured it would be somewhere between 3-5.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Slow receivers that can't get separation are basically worthless in the NFL.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Janzen Jackson been drafted yet?